: Tony Dungy's son...

illumina
12-22-05, 03:58 PM
For those of you who follow NFL football at all, Tony Dungy is the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. His 18 year old son was found dead in a Tampa area apartment just recently...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2268593

This certainly does suck! :(

Kev
12-22-05, 04:18 PM
That is very sad.

Boombotz
12-22-05, 04:26 PM
This is so sad. I just can't believe it happened so suddenly. It makes you think to enjoy every minute of everyday. You just never know what is going to happen. Tony Dungy just landed at noon here. I am sure he is devastated. He has always been a family man, and done a lot for the Tampa Bay area even after he left the Bucs.

ben72227
12-22-05, 04:30 PM
That's awful:(

illumina
12-22-05, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I have always liked Dungy. He not only does the things mentioned in your post Boombotz, but he is a damn fine coach too. I believe he will be out for Saturday's game against Seattle, maybe even longer. But because of the type of person he is, he will likely get back to coaching before too soon...

It may sound weird, but after such a tragic loss like that, people are best suited to get back into their normal routine so as to not let things get the best of them.

Kev
12-22-05, 04:47 PM
It depends on how he takes this tragedy. Hopefully it won't completely devastate him but that is not out of the question. There are so many variables, you never know what the breaking point is for any given individual. I can't think of anything more tragic than loosing my child other than loosing my entire family.

He needs prayerful support at this time.

addison_ii
12-22-05, 04:51 PM
My prayers go out to the Dungy family. It saddens me to hear of someone losing a family member especially during this time when family closeness is a central theme. I would never want to experience such a thing. Parents always hope that the children will live longer than themselves and I can only imagine how hurt they are right now.

Adam
12-22-05, 07:43 PM
they are thinking suicide now. on his myspace site he said that "I cant talk to no one any more" or something to that affect. i hope that is not it and will wait for the autopsy (sp?)... terrible thing, as said before, he needs prayer.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-22-05, 09:58 PM
For those of you who follow NFL football at all, Tony Dungy is the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. His 18 year old son was found dead in a Tampa area apartment just recently...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2268593
This certainly does suck! :(
ah that explians all the activity at his apartment complex today...pass by it every day , found out from someone dad works with that he lived there some months ago .....reallly sad deal ....