: Speakers crackle (WTF?)

SiCk PuPpY
12-22-05, 07:32 AM
I have an '05 V; My problem is that the pillar tweeters crackle intermittently. This happens completely at random and only when using the CD player. I took the car into the dealer for resolution, but since they "were unable to reproduce the problem" they simply returned the car to me unfixed. Is anyone else having/had this problem? How was it resolved?

Cheers,
JD

cdog533
12-22-05, 08:07 AM
Mine does exactly the same thing. It's random, seems to happen as the car is warming up in cold weather.

It just goes all crackly. Seems to happen at higher volumes. I am guessing there is NO fix. Turn it off, then on, and its fine.

I am betting it is a ground issue somewhere...

naiculnila
12-22-05, 09:11 AM
Are you sure it's the speakrs...my theory is this:

Since the sail panels back there break so often and are held by a small piece of plastic...i think it's that plastic and whatever wires and connectors are bouncing around!

SiCk PuPpY
12-22-05, 02:08 PM
The sound is emminating from the driver/passenger tweeters on the windshield pillars. The "static" occurs at random, even at first start-up without the car moving. I did a search on the forum, but couldn't find a TSB.

xbladr
02-08-12, 08:19 AM
Anyone ever figure this out?

JazMiller
02-09-12, 12:48 AM
I always thought this was maybe burned discs in mine. Happens only every once in a while. My fix was an xm subscription, rarely spin a disc in it.

xbladr
02-12-12, 09:56 PM
yea i also found some burned discs do it a lot less frequently maybe depends on quality of the disc

mcline86
02-14-12, 10:47 AM
The issue is not the speakers but your CD player. Had them replace both my tweeters with no improvement, brought it back and they replaced my cd player and it fixed it. BUT for the first time in over a year since they replaced it, yesterday i got the speaker crackle..... POS bose system. I wonder if its the lens inside there getting dusty or something....idk works fine on XM though

xbladr
02-14-12, 10:32 PM
im thinking about going the XM route but the cost of it kinda sucks