: Slipping interior sunroof cover!

Skeeter
12-21-05, 10:38 PM
Have you noticed how the interior sunroof cover keeps sliding back as you drive the car? I accelerate moderately briskly whenever I get the chance, the the thing continually slides back an inch at a time until it is six to eight inches open!

Very frustrating. They don't seem to have any 'latch' or detent when closed, so whats supposed to keep them all from doing what mine does? Granted, I like having the view and letting the sunshine in, but I also like it nice and quiet sometimes, and want the cover closed up.

Anyone else have this prob? I guess friction is supposed to keep this from happening. Maybe I shouldn't accelerate so hard...

Suggestions appreciated,

Skeeter

JOEYCTS-V
12-21-05, 10:58 PM
My sunroof cover is actually pretty tough to pull back and forth so I definitely don't have that problem. Sometimes I wish it was a little easier. :confused:

NIK
12-22-05, 11:37 AM
My sunroof cover is actually pretty tough to pull back and forth so I definitely don't have that problem. Sometimes I wish it was a little easier. :confused:

Ditto here.

slow35th
12-22-05, 11:43 AM

Same Here

lawfive
12-22-05, 12:42 PM

And here. Skeeter, I think you have a unique situation. Sounds like (insert Phantom of the Opera organ music here) DEALER TIME!

wildwhl
12-22-05, 03:46 PM
Slow down - it will stop slipping :histeric:

GOTTSPD
12-22-05, 04:03 PM
Slow down - it will stop slipping :histeric:

No man, he should brake really hard to get it close. Accelerate fast to open it up and brake hard to close it. Hands free. Wasn't it designed that way. Makes sense, right, you want to open the shade when you're under way, but when you are done driving, you want to close it to protect the interior, so he's all set!

AmesCTS-V
12-22-05, 04:59 PM
That thing closes? JK. I wouldn't ever want it closed so I haven't noticed.