: 1993 Fuel Psi regulator

BSexton
12-21-05, 09:23 PM
I am pretty sure that I have a bad FPR from reading the other hard starting posts. My question is that I read the 1993 FPR is inside the manifold. Would like to know if I remove the top cover if I will be able to access the FPR or if is more difficult than this? Also is there a gasket I need to install when I reinstall the top engine cover?
Thanks, Bill

Ranger
12-21-05, 10:11 PM
Yes, it is accessable once you remove the top half of the manifold. I believe the gasket is reusable.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46417

BSexton
12-23-05, 05:54 PM
I took off the manifold cover and found the FPR. Can someone tell me if it is defective should I be looking for fuel to come out of the top of the FPR(Vacuum Port) when I turn the ignition on? Also is it difficult to put the injectors back in when I have to lift them out to remove the FPR?
Thanks, Bill

Ranger
12-23-05, 06:14 PM
Just turn the ignition on to pressurize the fuel system but DO NOT start the engine. Once the system is pressurized look for fuel leaking from the nipple. There should be none. If there is, it needs to be replaced but there is no need to pull the injectors. There is a retaining clip on the fuel rail. Depressurize the system by putting a rag over the shcreader valve (cold engine) and press the valve (like letting air out of a tire). You shouild get about an ounce of fuel out of it. Then you can pull the retaining clip and remove the FPR. A little oil on the new "O" ring will help seat it during replacement.