: We will all be driving lexus reliable cars soon

Sta11ion
12-21-05, 09:27 PM
It looks like toyota will purchase gm. Thats good for us because they will make the cars and trucks as reliable as a toyota and maybe they will stop production of the new expedition knock off.

fast66
12-21-05, 09:30 PM
It looks like toyota will purchase gm. Thats good for us because they will make the cars and trucks as reliable as a toyota and maybe they will stop production of the new expedition knock off.
who said this?

honda4x4nut
12-21-05, 11:55 PM
Where is this information coming from. I dont see The General selling out! If they do yeah the look may be better but this is how i see it, The tundra is a nice truck but the thing i noticed is that the rear axle is no bigger than the tacoma. They do not offer a heavy duty! what will become of the heavy duty lines and what would happen to the high horsepower big blocks and te V series.

Destroyer
12-22-05, 12:48 AM
Got a link?. It would be sad but maybe good at the same time. Look at what Mercedes has done for Chrysler!.

SpeedyArizona
12-22-05, 12:50 AM
This won't happen, at least for many, many years! And I like the new Expedition, it's as American as apple pie and baseball :D!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-22-05, 01:07 AM
yeahhhh so is this information valid and credible or is this somebody's theory?

ben72227
12-22-05, 01:24 AM
Oh, it's valid alright. Toyota announced today that they intend to do a hostile takeover of GM by buying out a controlling share of stock. Years of shoddy cars and increasing salaries from whiny union employees caused all of this. It's a shame, but at the same time, I think it will be good for GM. No more Cavaliers or Berettas...its a very good thing indeed...

j/k:p:lies:

ben72227
12-22-05, 01:32 AM
Actually, I just googled it, and it seems like there is going to be a merger with Honda:bighead:

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/12/09/gm-to-go-japanese-possibly/

Some guy named Kerkorkian (he was responsible for Daimler taking over Chrysler) is on GM's board of executives now...:eek:

Kev
12-22-05, 01:32 AM
Post a link or leave it alone.

Kev
12-22-05, 02:19 AM
Actually, I just googled it, and it seems like there is going to be a merger with Honda:bighead:

Some guy named Kerkorkian (he was responsible for Daimler taking over Chrysler) is on GM's board of executives now...:eek:All I saw in that link is rumor and speculation followed up with opinions. How about something more credible?

Kev
12-22-05, 02:34 AM
If there are any more personal attacks in this thread it's history.

TomDeville
12-22-05, 02:42 AM
All I saw in that link is rumor and speculation followed up with opinions. How about something more credible?

^^^^^^^^^^^^YEAH THAT^^^^^^^^^:highfive: :thehand:

:yeah: :yeah:

:thepan:

:cool2:

Jesda
12-22-05, 02:52 AM
I'm an auto industry news junkie. If I didnt hear it, it didnt happen. :)

Blackout
12-22-05, 07:33 AM
I'm an auto industry news junkie. If I didnt hear it, it didnt happen. :)I heard that in your avatar you were talking to a banana:yup: But remember I've been saying this for awhile now. It will happen at some point

Playdrv4me
12-22-05, 07:42 AM
You know I hadnt thought about that. They dont have to "buy" GM... they can just "merge" like the DaimlerChrysler merger and then the rest could be done quietly...

ewill3rd
12-22-05, 07:44 AM
GM owns part of Toyota, so it would seem you are saying that they are going to buy their parent company.
Ever seen a Prizm? GM also owns Saab, and portions of Isuzu and hundreds of other companies.
Besides that, any company that was even able to buy GM wouldn't just stop building GM cars, that would be retarded. Why would you buy a car company to stop building cars?

I agree, this is someones agenda based on speculatoin.
Don't believe everything you hear, see on TV, or read on the internet.
There are a lot of liars out there.

Blackout
12-22-05, 08:18 AM
Hell in Japan they offered the Toyota Cavalier. All it was was a Chevy Cavalier with a toyota emblem on it
http://www.mehran.co.jp/stocks/103476/103476f.JPG

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-22-05, 11:48 AM
Wow! I didnt know that, this is so wierd to hear!

DopeStar 156
12-22-05, 11:58 AM
That's the sharpest looking Toyota I've ever seen.....

What the hell is with this thread anyway? Well I guess if we're all just throwing crap out there.....

It was announced today that Congress has passed a law allowing any US citizen one free kill of another US citizen free of prosecution. You only get one so pick wisely and have fun kids....

slk230mb
12-22-05, 01:33 PM
It was announced today that Congress has passed a law allowing any US citizen one free kill of another US citizen free of prosecution. You only get one so pick wisely and have fun kids....

LMAO!

ewill3rd
12-22-05, 02:33 PM
I have always wondered, if the gov't actually did that, how many people would we not hear from for a day or two ;)

ben72227
12-22-05, 02:35 PM
Hmmm. I didn't know that they "owned" Toyota. I always thought that was a mutual partnership...

I do know that they buy engines from Honda though...See the Saturn VUE:stirpot:. Of course, that makes sense in a way, seeing as how Honda makes the best engines in the world:highfive:

Elvis
12-22-05, 07:11 PM
Kerkorian dumped his GM stock today.

Big loss for him.

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/12/22/kerkorian-unloads-a-chunk-of-gm-stock/

AlBundy
12-22-05, 09:53 PM
Dam a $12 million drop in the bucket. OUCH!

Jesda
12-23-05, 12:07 AM
Dump 2.1% now, buy 4% later at the same price.

Xrayqueen
12-27-05, 03:32 PM

Some guy named Kerkorkian (he was responsible for Daimler taking over Chrysler) is on GM's board of executives now...:eek:

He's also responsible for ruining the Bellagio Hotel. He is as cheap as they come. So IMO Caddilac/GMC will not be getting a good deal. Since he took over the Bellagio my penthouse day's have ended and I loved spending time there. He owns half of Las Vegas and he does not believe in quality. I pray this merger does not happen. If this rumor is true.
Peace :helpless:

gothicaleigh
12-27-05, 03:44 PM
GM has been working hand in hand with just about everybody for years. Do you honestly think a merger would change anything?

I am so tired of hearing the gloom and doom rumors about GM going under. GM does not need to make cars to make money. They are a very diverse business and profit more from their other interests than they do from their automobiles anymore.

It's been a hard year for any automaker, the economy is in tatters and only starting to recover, and people are too ignorant to see that american cars are not the same piles they were 10 years ago (okay, so the majority are still piles, but they're becoming better piles as of late).