: New Cadillac owner

IFixAircraft
12-20-03, 08:24 PM
I am a new member and I just bought a 1997 concours. Wow what a car. I am trying to learn as much as possible about the car before I encounter any problems, concidering that I will be doing all of the maintenance. How do I check for trouble codes. A couple of my friends that have caddys at work tell me that theirs can be checked through the ecs panel. Does mine have that option?

Thanks for any help
Tom :cheers:

Night Wolf
12-20-03, 08:57 PM
the Concours is the sportier trim and has the 300hp N*, it is a nice car.... most probalems are just the normal N* issues.... you can check the codes by pressing OFF and WARMER on the ECC.....

.... Are you an aviation mechanic? or is that just a random user name you picked? if you are, then that is really cool, I am a student pilot, so it is neat...

Anyway, welcome to the fourms, if ya stick around, you'll find alot of great information out as well as meet alot of nice people...

IFixAircraft
12-20-03, 09:27 PM
Yes I work for one of the major air lines as a line mechanic. Thanks for the advise on the message thing. I will continue to read the forums to learn as much as possible. I was a automotive mech before but not much on Cad.

Thanks again
Tom

Night Wolf
12-21-03, 12:10 AM
that's really cool..... I just flew in a Cessna 152 today.... makin' my way up :)

anyway, yeah there is alot of info, you can also search the forums by clicking search, as alot of things have been answered and stuff