: Must Have Features/Options for the 2007 CTS-V

Hokie99
12-21-05, 02:01 AM
I haven't yet decided what my next car is going to be, anything is possible, but the car of the moment for me is the CTS-V.

But no matter what I get, I'd like to see the following features included or as options (in no particular order)

Bluetooth with Radio Integration
Reverse tilt feature on both side mirrors
Heads-Up display (including night vision)
Keyless entry system with window and moonroof controls and panic button as well as keyless ignition
Steering wheel-mounted audio, voice recognition, navigation system, cruise control and climate control
Auto-dim day/night rearview mirror
Auto-off headlights (esp handy if you go to/from work when it's already dark)
Selectable Color LED back-lit instruments
Heated and Cooled front/rear seats
Active Noise Cancellation
Electronic tilt and telescoping steering column with driver recognition
Radar Integrationanyone else have any cool or nice-to-have features to add to the list...

Mat347
12-21-05, 02:24 AM
I want the "magneto-ride" or whatever they are called..the shocks that adjust magnetically about 60 times a second and have user selectable settings...so I can have a V that will actually ride like a Caddy when I want.

Oh yes, and the LS7.
I want CAGS taken off....I want a navi that I can actually use while moving, my Acura had it..why not the V?

I think we already have an auto dim mirror...correct me if I'm wrong.

stkshkr
12-21-05, 03:45 AM
NO wheel hop

thefly
12-21-05, 09:27 AM
I haven't yet decided what my next car is going to be, anything is possible, but the car of the moment for me is the CTS-V.

But no matter what I get, I'd like to see the following features included or as options (in no particular order)

Bluetooth with Radio Integration
Reverse tilt feature on both side mirrors
Heads-Up display (including night vision)
Keyless entry system with window and moonroof controls and panic button as well as keyless ignition
Steering wheel-mounted audio, voice recognition, navigation system, cruise control and climate control
Auto-dim day/night rearview mirror
Auto-off headlights (esp handy if you go to/from work when it's already dark)
Heated and Cooled front/rear seats
Electronic tilt and telescoping steering column with driver recognition
Radar Integrationanyone else have any cool or nice-to-have features to add to the list...

all sound cool but a couple aren't possible, for instance night vision is gone and no longer offered and i don't think a hud is possible not enough room :(

rather then selected led color gauges (feels like a mustang, wonder why?) how about the new gauges out of the is350 where the rpm site changes as you get up in the rpm band and flash red at redline (cool and useful) in my book...

as steering wheel cruise control, i will pass their first attempt involved 4 buttons to operate, i like the trade off of audio controls...

alot of these features are on the STS already, so i am sure the next generation will get a lot of them, to be competitive...

ssvette
12-21-05, 09:29 AM
All wheel drive

Caddy Man
12-21-05, 09:41 AM
I dont have a v, but if I did, im sure a real handbrake would be nice :bigroll:

dqw1
12-21-05, 10:14 AM
Locking gas cap and a trunk that opens all the way
Short throw shifter
maybe a Corsa/BB/Magnaflow exhaust as a the standard option
Most of all-there was photo floating around of a V all bulged out along the fenders and I think the hood was different-Thats the look of the next V I'd like to drive.

DrivingAmericanNow
12-21-05, 10:32 AM
- ??? that's cute, but it'll probably show up on a Scion before a CTS-V

- ??? so we can get rid of that pesky exhaust note? Long live the noise! If I wanted quiet, I'd have bought a Honda.

I'd settle for a solid rear end, no wheel hop and a nice interior with wood on the dash. Oh yes, the LS7 would be a nice bonus.

Blacksport350
12-21-05, 11:58 AM
All we really need are the following:

Tighter bushings everywhere to get rid of the rubbery feel.
A diff that doesn't explode
500HP
A shifter that isn't crap
200lb wight reduction
Tighter suspension
No wheel hop

I don't think they need to add more crap to the car until they can get the basic package dialed in! :duck:

Florian
12-21-05, 12:05 PM
:yeah: :gnome: what BSport said...

F

daytripper
12-21-05, 05:44 PM
All we really need are the following:

Tighter bushings everywhere to get rid of the rubbery feel.
A diff that doesn't explode
500HP
A shifter that isn't crap
200lb wight reduction
Tighter suspension
No wheel hop

I don't think they need to add more crap to the car until they can get the basic package dialed in! :duck:

Yeah, all the performance fixes plus the LS7 (or similar N/A power). I could do without any more gizmos, but would like to see some improvement on what we have. Higher quality interior pieces, with better feel and more intuitive (like an Acura style nav-radio touch screen system), better shift linkage, better door skins and dash material, maybe a nice inlay, better guages, handbrake, etc.

arr0gant
12-21-05, 05:50 PM
I dont have a v, but if I did, im sure a real handbrake would be nice :bigroll:

w3rd!