May the flickering of the candles
Represent the laughter in your heart;
The brightness of the flame represent
The the love of a child and the eight
Nights of Wonderment represent the
Miracle of long long ago.
Shalom !
May you all be safe and have the BEST holiday
that you've had in a very very long time !
I'd like to point out that for the 1st time in 61
years {long time:) } the two holy days fall
on the same day, December 25th.
Here's hoping that you all get what you want!
SANDY

SpeedyArizona
12-21-05, 12:36 AM
Yes, Merry CHRISTmas all :D! All this "political correctness" is driving me nuts! Someone wished me Happy Holidays at Sears this afternoon, and I had the courage to say Merry Christmas (now when do you here of someone working up courage to say Merry CHRISTmas?).

89% of this nation is Christian, I say MAJORITY RULES! God Bless Bill O' Reilly!

ben72227
12-21-05, 01:07 AM
What a non-issue:cookoo:

Hey Sandy! What about Kwanzaa:thumbsup:

TomDeville
12-21-05, 01:34 AM
Merry Christmas; and, kind thanks
to Sandy for his words of wisdom.
Shalom Sandy! Have an exceptional
Christmas holiday season; and, my
best wishes for health and happiness
to all in the New Year! :cheers:

TomDeville:xsmile:
:cool2:

DopeStar 156
12-21-05, 01:36 AM
Yes, Merry CHRISTmas all :D! All this "political correctness" is driving me nuts! Someone wished me Happy Holidays at Sears this afternoon, and I had the courage to say Merry Christmas (now when do you here of someone working up courage to say Merry CHRISTmas?).
89% of this nation is Christian, I say MAJORITY RULES! God Bless Bill O' Reilly!
Well I wouldn't go that far, but yeah. I'm not Christian but I celebrate Christmas because I like free stuff. Haha. Everyone should have a good one.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-21-05, 01:39 AM
yeah everyone have a merry christmas/ happy chanukah/ happy kwanza!

Lord Cadillac
12-21-05, 01:58 AM
Thank you, Sandy.. Happy holidays to you and yours. :)

Boombotz
12-21-05, 08:33 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. For those who don't celebrate Christmas I wish you a very Happy Holiday.

Elvis
12-21-05, 10:26 AM
A gentleman originally from India wished me "Happy Holidays" yesterday. I thought that was nice. I don't know what he celebrates, if anything at this time of the year, but I returned the good wishes.

I don't care who wishes what, as long as they quit trying to start a war over "Merry Christmas," "Happy Holidays," and "Season's Greetings." Let's all just get along and have fun for the next twelve days.

A good wish is a good wish. Getting pissy over which two words you choose is stupid.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Sandy
12-21-05, 10:44 AM
Ben, I could not find the correct spelling of Kwanzaa (sp)? so, to not look stupid, I left it out.

Elvis, when a person does not know what religion another person follows, it's nicer to wish them "Happy Holidays" ~ as that covers all 3. Saying Merry Christmas to a Jewish person would sometimes leave them feeling much the same way you'd react if you went into (we'll say a candy store) and the man behind the counter rang up your newspaper & lottery ticket & wished you a Happy Chanukah ! However, if you know someone is Christian then of course you'd wish them a Merry Christmas, and if you know that they are Jewish (as I am) then you'd say Happy Chanukah. I think it comes down to just common courtesy.

(Wait!! New Years is coming! What do we do then ? Jan. 1 is one New Year and the Chinese have a different New Year, so......do you wish your co-worker who happens to be Asian a happy new year on January 1st or wish them a "Happy Day" and reserve Happy New Year for the correct date later in January ? ?
Regardless....
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa and a Joyous New Year!

gdwriter
12-21-05, 02:22 PM
Thanks for your wise words, Sandy. A blessed Hanukkah to you.

Merry Christmas / Season's Greetings / Happy Holidays

Bah, Humbug (for all the Grinches)

addison_ii
12-21-05, 03:03 PM
I, also, would like to wish everyone everyone a Happy Holidays as well. May all of you enjoy the time away from work,wonderful time with family and friends and make sure to stay well rested so that your waking moments are more refreshed and energetic. Eat some good food, watch some football, and play outdoors with the family. May peace, good health, and safe travels be with each of you and your families.

Addison_II :D

Kev
12-21-05, 03:12 PM
Jingle Bells Kids! :wave::banana::dance:

mccombie_5
12-21-05, 03:31 PM
Seasons greetings to you all, Happy Hannukah Sandy and any other of our Jewish members, Merry Christmas to all of our Christians and Happy Winter Solstice to the Pagans, and whatever you celebrate to the rest!

Happy New Year too! Its going to be a mighty good pissup this year :alchi:

addison_ii
12-21-05, 03:50 PM
Yes, I'm stocking the alcohol as we speak.

JC316
12-21-05, 04:02 PM
Well said, Sandy! Merry CHRISTmas everyone!!!!

Sandy
12-21-05, 04:25 PM
You all might find this funny. When ya get up into your mid-to fifties, you start to think about "the other side" {'ya do KNOW what i mean......} ~
So, that said, My folks are on the "other side" as are all the other members of my family, likewise my wife's kinfolk. So, Sandy starts thinking - oh around thanksgiving - 'ya know, before the ballgame's over, I'd like, one year to have a Christmas Tree. For the fun of it. So I run this by my wife and she's more than okay with. So, we go out to get a tree. WHOA ! :eek: ~ We need a STAND, we need a LIVE TREE, we need BALLS :thehand: {don't go there}, we need Ornaments and a Star for the top and, of course.....LIGHTS, and then that stuff (sorry, don't know the name) that ya put around the bottom to hide the stand ya bought (I guess they are considered UNsightly??) and then tinsel (yes ?) and and and and how the heck am I gonna sneak it into the house ? Riding home in our Son's Cherokee, with a X-mas tree on the roof !!! :shocked2: The neighbors will surely be looking out the window :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and then comes like 1,001 questions and :fan: and I get lectured:rant2: My wife suggested we buy it at night and bring it home then, but they'd still see me untying it from the roof rack and hauling inside, so..... sadly, No Christmas Tree. (and) then ...how would we ever get rid of it in January ? Can't put it out at the curb.....neighbors.....sadly, the idea died. But, it was up to like $600.00 at least, and then....you're supposed to put presents under it, right ? I mean without presents under it ~ it looks kinda nasty, Yes?!! Well, we buy each other 1 Chanukah gift. So, that's 2 gifts. How is 2 gifts gonna look under a nice big tree ? Not too good, I guess. Since they both are coming from a jewler the boxes are gonna be vey little. You would not even see them !!:bling: :bling: So...what to do. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I was just amazed how expensive it is for ALL of the necessary equipment one needs to erect a nice proper Christmas Tree.

(I get off cheap) We bought a Pewter chanukah menorah 22 years ago for $175.00 and it lasts a lifetime + and the annual "proper" candles are $3.75 a box and the matches are freebees.

Sure woulda liked having a tree, just once before I check out. Oh Well....

mccombie_5
12-21-05, 04:35 PM
LOL

Funny story Sandy!

It isnt that much every year, once you buy all you have to do is buy the tree each eyar, we have one real one, and a few other fake ones.

As for the presents?

We still put ours out for the kids after they go to bed. We just put them on the sofas in the family room. The presents under the tree are the ones for visiting family members and the like.

Sandy
12-21-05, 04:50 PM
Okay, we checked out the fake trees, but they have no scent, no nice woodsy smell, so like :wtf: is with that!!

It was funny 'cause the guy was pushing the fact thatyou can use it over & over again in the coming years. (How could I tell him that this was the ONLY year I was ever gonna do it) He'd be looking :confused: !!

Bad enough was my wife actually ASKING the man IF we really needed the stand!!:thepan: He said, "Not if you allready have one" !

We have ZERO living family members! It's just the 3 of us, so......does THAT get us off the hook for presents under the tree ? I think now....thinking about it more in detail, I'd get some empty boxes and wrap 'em up real purty & all (like we used to do at the dealership, put a convertible on the floor, top down & fill with brightly colored boxes with big bows.) could do that .....

mccombie_5
12-21-05, 04:54 PM
Okay, we checked out the fake trees, but they have no scent, no nice woodsy smell, so like :wtf: is with that!!
It was funny 'cause the guy was pushing the fact thatyou can use it over & over again in the coming years. (How could I tell him that this was the ONLY year I was ever gonna do it) He'd be looking :confused: !!
Bad enough was my wife actually ASKING the man IF we really needed the stand!!:thepan: He said, "Not if you allready have one" !
We have ZERO living family members! It's just the 3 of us, so......does THAT get us off the hook for presents under the tree ? I think now....thinking about it more in detail, I'd get some empty boxes and wrap 'em up real purty & all (like we used to do at the dealership, put a convertible on the floor, top down & fill with brightly colored boxes with big bows. (I could do that) .....

LOL I'd love to have seen that store conversation!

It has been known for us to wrap empty boxes for show, when we lived in another hosue the entire street had been getting presents stolen from under the tree the week before Christmas, thieves broke in. We wrapped empty boxes and put the presents in the garage attic :D

Note: The thief was caught.

Sandy
12-21-05, 05:11 PM
The guy was trying to sell us some kinda fancy schmancy stand with like a water avaiter or purifier and it had a self contained motor or small generator thingiee on the back of it and it kept the water from going bad, thereby extending the "life' of the Christmas Tree. I wasn't buying it, because it was big bucks, and he's telling me that it's the only one I'll ever need, and my wife starts laughing. I tried to see if he'd "throw it in" if I bought the tree, (momentairly forgetting I wasn't AT the car dealerI worked at).:Poke:
When he finished his script on the self watering purifyer stand I asked about the "Base Model" El Cheapo stand ! We saw that ... That would been dandy. We thanked him & proceded over to the lights & ornaments and hanging holiday balls and I liked the small little twinkling lites, but they are pretty costly for a 1 time use. Salesguy was very nice and told us that they had a big sale and if we bought just (JUST?) $100.00 worth of ornamentation.....we could get 50% off the price of a mainger set! Whoa, I didn't think we were quite yet up for a mainger set yet. So, we thnked him & walked on. To which Karen said, "I think you'd better forget about it". So, I kinda did. :( Never realized how much STUFF ya needed.)

Kev
12-21-05, 05:16 PM
Christmas Eve, 1966, we had no tree! We couldn't afford to buy one. Dad was working two jobs at the time just to keep us clothed, fed and in a safe home. Oh, the heartbreak, the disappointment! :nono:

Then, about 0:dark thirty, (04:30) I get up to relieve myself and what's this I see?! The narrow little hallway is aglow with multi-colored, flashing lights! I sneak down to investigate and to my gleeful surprise, there in the corner of our living room is the most beautiful sight my 6 year old eyes can imagine, a Christmas tree with all the trimmings and presents beneath!

Oh joy! Oh rapture! :bouncy:

Good ole' Dad remembered when times were tough (and because he was somewhat miserly) my Grandfather would go on Christmas Eve behind the stores where they would throw out their trees, some with the ornaments still on them. So that's what he did too and we had our tree.

All was well with the world. :rolleyes:

DopeStar 156
12-21-05, 05:22 PM
We got a fake one a couple years ago and it just isn't the same. Still, the harvest underneath still looks good this year..... mighty good.... *John Deere hat and wheat stalk in mouth*

SpeedyArizona
12-21-05, 05:31 PM
I set my artificial tree up last Sunday, and it looks good (if I do say so myself...). I'm flying out of Arizona on Friday to be with my family back in Iowa! I had to ship a few of my presents ahead of time to avoid checking them.

Sandy
12-21-05, 05:32 PM
"" Grandfather would go on Christmas Eve behind the stores where they would throw out their trees, some with the ornaments still on them. So that's what he did too and we had our tree. ""

You trying to give me an idea ? I don't think that they throw em out with them in a stand, so maybe I should go back & buy El Cheapo stand, and look for 12/26/05 toss outs..... didn't know 'bout that angle. I'd probably get caught for stealing & it would be in the paper HORRORS :eek:

Kev
12-21-05, 05:37 PM
"" Grandfather would go on Christmas Eve behind the stores where they would throw out their trees, some with the ornaments still on them. So that's what he did too and we had our tree. ""

You trying to give me an idea ? I don't think that they throw em out with them in a stand, so maybe I should go back & buy El Cheapo stand, and look for 12/26/05 toss outs..... didn't know 'bout that angle. I'd probably get caught for stealing & it would be in the paper HORRORS :eek:LOL! Just you luck, eh? I don't know if they still get thrown out then but now you'd be considered just another 'Dumpster Diver'.

LittleB
12-21-05, 05:40 PM
Yeah Merry Christmahanukwanzikah to everyone!!! :D

slk230mb
12-21-05, 05:51 PM
Yeah Merry Christmahanukwanzikah to everyone!!! :D

:yeah:

LOL

gdwriter
12-21-05, 07:07 PM
I like having a real tree, but since I'm currently at my sister's house in Nebraska, I didn't even put up a tree at home.

Christmas trees are a major industry in Oregon (when I lived in Arizona, my ex-wife always made sure we got an Oregon tree). I joke with friends at home who put up fake trees that they're not true Oregonians; they should have to pay sales tax and pump their own gas (self-serve is banned in Oregon; is is still that way in New Jersey?).

Playdrv4me
12-21-05, 07:15 PM

Hehe... God bless good ol' Bill indeed! Listenin to the 5PM webcast right now (I subscribe to the site). I like Bill cause people on both sides tend to hate him so much :D

NO SPIN!

Kev
12-21-05, 07:41 PM
I like having a real tree, but since I'm currently at my sister's house in Nebraska, I didn't even put up a tree at home.

Christmas trees are a major industry in Oregon (when I lived in Arizona, my ex-wife always made sure we got an Oregon tree). I joke with friends at home who put up fake trees that they're not true Oregonians; they should have to pay sales tax and pump their own gas (self-serve is banned in Oregon; is is still that way in New Jersey?).LOL My wife lived in Oregon for 15 years. When she came down here and saw my folks artificial tree she was aghast and disgusted. :eek:

Now, after living down here for 22 years and 20 years of marriage, she is considering an artificial tree. :shocked2:

SpeedyArizona
12-21-05, 08:08 PM
And to put the icing on the cake, my tree has fake snow of it!

Sandy
12-21-05, 08:11 PM

Christmas trees are a major industry in Oregon (when I lived in Arizona, my ex-wife always made sure we got an Oregon tree). I joke with friends at home who put up fake trees that they're not true Oregonians; they should have to pay sales tax and pump their own gas (self-serve is banned in Oregon; is is still that way in New Jersey?).

Yes, they pump it for us, in NJ.

mccombie_5
12-21-05, 08:26 PM
Yes, they pump it for us, in NJ.

Easy life eh?

Kev
12-21-05, 08:33 PM
I remember the disgusted look on the attendant's face the first time I drove up to Oregon and stopped to fill my tank. I got out and started to put the nozzle in as usual when the pimply faced cretin smugly informs me that "This ain't California, you aren't allowed to pump your own gas here." I could see by his appearance, demeanor and attitude that it took an educated person with the proper credentials to do the job properly...... :suspense:

mccombie_5
12-22-05, 12:46 PM
But why arent you allowed???

Sandy
12-22-05, 12:56 PM
I would GUESS it has to do with lawsuits, of consumers getting hurt. Otherwise, I have no clue.

mccombie_5
12-22-05, 01:02 PM
I would GUESS it has to do with lawsuits, of consumers getting hurt. Otherwise, I have no clue.

If that is actually so its pathetic, and how well would "I injured myself on a petrol pump"

Adam
12-22-05, 01:28 PM
Sandy VERY HAPPY CHANNUKAH to you and your family. and a Ver Merry Christmas to all. oh and a Very Happy Kwanzaa

mccombie_5
12-22-05, 01:31 PM
Sandy VERY HAPPY CHANNUKAH to you and your family. and a Ver Merry Christmas to all. oh and a Very Happy Kwanzaa

How about Winter Solstice :D

Adam
12-22-05, 01:57 PM
How about Winter Solstice :D

That too! :D

90Brougham350
12-22-05, 03:24 PM
Regardless of what you believe, I wish everyone a very happy holidays, an enjoyable New Year, and good memories with family and friends. Remember what's important, what's important is often forgotten!

http://euroross.blogspot.com/charlie%20brown%20tree.JPG

Pray for Cadillac gifts!

Sandy
12-22-05, 03:47 PM
Happy Pontiac Solstice !

DopeStar 156
12-22-05, 05:23 PM
And a Merry Fleetwood Brougham to you too.

Sandy
12-22-05, 07:08 PM
I wish ya back a sultry sexy sixty special

DopeStar 156
12-22-05, 07:11 PM
Make sure you top your tree with a light up DopeStar. :halo:

Sandy
12-22-05, 07:35 PM
I don't have a tree. I have a Busch! Busch Lite and Busch Malt.

gothicaleigh
12-22-05, 08:11 PM
This is the time of year when people around the world celebrate the human birth of their god and savior. He was born over two thousand years ago by a virgin mother. His birthday was December 25 and he was the light of the world, the divine force who could defeat evil and grant humans immortality and eternal salvation on the day of judgment when the dead would rise again and fight the final conflict in which the world as we know it would end in the triumph of light over darkness. He eventually became the favored god of the Roman Empire, and emperors from Nero on were pictured wearing his radiating crown or halo. This god and savior's name is, of course- Mithra.

Dies Natalis Solis Invicti to all. :D

Can't forget the Mithraists amongst us. hehe
....and may the rest of ye of the modern religions have a gay ol' Christmahanukwanzikah too. :p

HotRodSaint
12-23-05, 01:38 AM
I'm not going to worship Mothra, he was defeated by Godzilla!! You crazy pagans!!! :bouncy:

HotRodSaint
12-23-05, 01:54 AM
Happy Channakah and Merry Christmas.

This Kwanza thing just doesn't have any historical nor religious significance to warrant a greeting other than have the standard have a good day. At least this pagan Mithra cult and it's various pagan spin-offs cult has some historical foundation.

TomDeville
12-24-05, 01:05 AM
We are not exactly sure when Jesus
was born.

The Church picked the Solstice.
BTW -- Nice to see G.Leigh.

Moreover, HRS is correct about
the lack of religious; and, historical
foundation for the nonethelessingly significant
cultural celebration known as Kwanza.

Merry Christmas and Warmest Seasonal
Respect and Regards to all!