: Quick question

wooderson
12-20-05, 10:15 PM
I picked up my new V yesterday and noticed that it had Goodyear RSA's on it. Is that standard now? Anyone have any opinions on those tires? I've never had them before. I thought they came with F1's.

Florian
12-20-05, 10:27 PM
RS-A's are standard, and theyre garbage...run, dont walk to your nearest Goodyear dealer and get GSD-3's on your V. Youll thank me later.

F

thebigjimsho
12-20-05, 10:59 PM
Nah, I would request the dealer get some F1s and have them installed. Then the V will handle like it truly should. But if you want a great all around tire and don't mind sacrificing some dry handling, then get some GS-D3s or Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires.

ctsvett
12-21-05, 01:52 AM
F1s are now a 550 option on the 06...

I think Cadillac heard something about FAST tire wear from those pesky owners of 04/05 CTS-Vs and decided to do something about it... Problem is it looks like they did the WRONG thing...

Maybe your dealer will offer you the option.. Good luck!

Reed

NIK
12-21-05, 08:22 AM
RS-A's are standard, and theyre garbage...run, dont walk to your nearest Goodyear dealer and get GSD-3's on your V. Youll thank me later.

F

Exactly why are they considered to be "garbage?" Handling, wear, what? It's an all-season run flat so of course it's not goiing to perform like an F-1, but, by the same token you're not going to replace them every 9,000 miles and worry about traction when the temperature gets cold outside (forget wet weather.) Seriously, I'm just asking - why are they considered to be garbage?

Florian
12-21-05, 09:48 AM
Life, noise, wet and dry traction....amongst others.

F

thefly
12-21-05, 10:33 AM
well maybe they get louder with age, as all tires do (runflats usually worse). but as far as handling and traction, i will take a little tire spin over wheel hop. i haven't found the traction that bad yet with them, the treadwear is fairly comparable to the F1's, a 260 vs. 220. the tire is a big improvement over previous runflats see the C5's that came eagle F1 runflats those were horrible. couldn't wait to ditch them on my car and replace. keep in mind treadwear on those were 300. though one thing that does concern me is they are V rated. i have pushed the car a little and body roll was the limiting factor there.