Cadillac Owners Forum banner

oil leaks experiences

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  sts454049 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

it's been a while since i posted a thread, but today morning while i'm at work the security guard called me and asked me to move my car from the parking space because they wanna do some cleaning and i've noticed a small oil drops on the ground from underneath the car, i freaked out and since i'm still at work and i can't take the car to any garage in the next few days i wanted to ask you the experts and the owner who had oil leaks issues before if you could pin point me to the leak location if you had it before.

the leak is under the engine from what i can see and almost to the right side of the car and there are only couple drops of oil on the floor.

any thoughts .. ?

#2 ·
Probably cam covers (valve covers), and/or the VVT actuator housings on the front of the heads.

Cam covers are notorious on N*'s (even though this is only one in name it shares the same overall design), as they're only torqued to 7 or 10 ft/lbs of torque and over time from heat cycling, they loosen.

#13 ·
so apparently the leak was not something common !

i was informed that i had a leak in the crank case with signs of a hit which is weird cuz i'm really careful when i'm driving my V so who knows what went wrong.

my father in law who's a mechanic and a great man took good care of my car while it was in the shop so i owe him so much for taking care of my V .

#16 ·
the crank case is actually a common leak. its also the oil manifold gasket, same thing. mine was leaking and coming out of the rear main seal also. had the shop replace all seals and gaskets in lower half of engine and everything that didnt require removing the heads. it was costly but the sealant they use to repair it is supposed to a never leak again type thing. so it was worth it.

#17 · (Edited)
UPDATE

the leak is still there and in " small drops " it's really strange so i'm gonna take it today to the Garage, hoping it doesn't stay for a long time i really missed it and last night was the best night in the past few weeks especially that i had two nice encounters with a turbo charged Trans Am and a bike ( i think a 600CC ) something lol and yes our V's can give those bikes some hard time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.