: Fluctuating Volume Problem!!!!

flint-town_hustla
12-20-05, 02:42 PM
I have a 2003 EXT with factory Navigation. About 3 months ago I got 7" screens installed in both sunvisors, and both headrests, as well as a DVD Player. I also had my subs and amp installed (Kicker 600.1 amp, 2 12" Comp-VR subs). Since the installation, the volume of my music will randomly increase and decrease. Not a slight change, but will drastically get louder and quieter. I thought it may be related to some SCV setting, but I can't find a SCV adjustment on the navigation system. Also, the the volume will change while I'm parked making me think it is unrelated to any SCV issues. Any thoughts??????

mikeee
12-20-05, 04:35 PM
Hmm. Are you amplifying any mids and highs? Sounds like your amplifier is cutting in and out. Since it only happened after the install, I would take it back to the installer and check all your wiring. Try to see if the voltage meter changes slightly when the volume changes.

flint-town_hustla
12-21-05, 12:50 PM
No, I'm not amplifying any mids or highs, just my subs. I had the installers check the wiring and they couldn't find any problems. I will try checking the voltage.

Sinisterj
12-21-05, 06:39 PM
Did you install any adapters into the bose system?

I installed one in order to use an aftermarket unit, and after the volume is turned up above a certain level the front speakers cut in and out!

flint-town_hustla
12-22-05, 09:31 AM
The only adapter installed is the signal converter tapped into the speaker line. Do you think maybe installing a high-performance battery may help? I am wondering if all of my electronics are drawing too much current and I am having these problems due to voltage drops. Any thoughts on this theory?

Sinisterj
12-23-05, 09:28 AM
The only adapter installed is the signal converter tapped into the speaker line. Do you think maybe installing a high-performance battery may help? I am wondering if all of my electronics are drawing too much current and I am having these problems due to voltage drops. Any thoughts on this theory?

Maybe... I dont know a whole lot about car audio... maybe thats my problem too b/c im pulling a 800 watt amp!