: Tire Pressure for Wintersport M3s

benh
12-20-05, 11:20 AM
What tire pressure have people using for these? The tire shop said they should be 34 cold (very cold), which gets up to 38 on the drive to work and seems a bit high. Handing so far is not impressive, although I know they have to wear in a bit; it should get better. Thanks.

naiculnila
12-20-05, 12:41 PM
the shop inflated mine to around 30 psi when warm!

maybe i need to bump them up ! it's hard as hell to turn the wheels in the morning when the pressure is low!

end9472
12-20-05, 02:43 PM
I've been running about 32 cold. After driving (and not too far or aggressively) they get up to 35-37 lbs. I thought my sensors needed recalibration because I didn't think they should gain that much, especially with the frigid temperatures we've been having in Chicago. Sounds like these tires build up similar to the goodyear run-flats. (By the way, my wintersports are non-runflats)

PneuBird
12-20-05, 03:29 PM
I run mine at 30 lbs. cold and they will warm up to 33 or 34 lbs. after they warm up. No problems so far and this is my second winter with them on. They are easy to break free at WOT and have an average noise level for snow tires IMO. :burn:

StealthV
12-20-05, 07:38 PM
For the past two years, I've run the Wintersports at 36 psi (checked indoors @ 60+ *F) to allow for the 1 psi drop per 10 *F when it rolls outside to the cold. That puts it around an effective 30-32 psi on a day like today with temperatures around zero.

benh
12-20-05, 08:41 PM
thanks, guys; I will drop the pressure to 32 cold

SlvrVee
12-21-05, 02:11 AM
I've been running about 32 cold. After driving (and not too far or aggressively) they get up to 35-37 lbs. I thought my sensors needed recalibration because I didn't think they should gain that much, especially with the frigid temperatures we've been having in Chicago. Sounds like these tires build up similar to the goodyear run-flats. (By the way, my wintersports are non-runflats)

How are M3's perform in the Chicago snow? Looking to get a set myself, thanks

benh
12-21-05, 09:31 AM
Not sure about snow yet, but all who have chimed in on recommending them have said they perform great, although still a rear drive car that is light in the ass; for me here in Philly I could barely get in my driveway with a mere dusting with the summer only GS D3s.

cdog533
12-22-05, 09:15 AM
I have driven with them in 3" of unplowed snow --- they are awesome, especially when compared to my GS-D3's (I couldn't leave my house in the snow).

They are quiet on the highway as well. They are slippery compared to GS-D3's in the dry (don't autocross with em) but provide adequate traction for everyday driving.