Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking expert upholstery near Chicago/Milwaukee

892 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Berger 93 
#1 ·
As stated I'm searching for a well known upholstery shop for my V and a good friend of mines Skyline. Any information and possible references and or pictures would be great. Quality is the number 1 factor. Thanks

#3 ·
Thank you for the info. I've been told about Beil and the one you mentioned. My friend and I are both very picky but, he will be much more than I am with his skyline. After Mr. Walker pasted away my friend skyline went thru the roof in value. Needless to say to he beyond anal about his cars interior being done properly.

#5 ·
Honestly for me I'm not looking to go crazy I'd just like to change most of the lighter colors of my interior on the V, but on the skyline he will be crazy anal but money is no object for his car. That car is already worth close to 200k while needing the paint n interior finished. He had an amazing rb built for it which was shipped over the pond to get here.

#7 ·
There will be a photo shoot coming up after winter. Two different sides of the track lol. 4 door american luxury and 2 door v6 sports car. Right hand drive vs left handed. V8 sc vs v6 turbo, rwd vs adjustable rwd or awd. The list goes on but the photo shoot is about being completely opposite but loving cars non the less

----------

Nissan Skyline Skyline R34 Launch Control Flames: http://youtu.be/k154W6Ilsng

Video before the new motor

#10 ·
Years back, when I wanted to convert my interior on my S-10 Blazer from it's OEM vinyl to the much nicer cloth/velour setup then being currently used in the trucks. It would've been easier/cheaper to just have them do the seats, instead of trying to find them in the classifieds or stroll through junk yards (remember, this was long before Al Gore invented the internet as we know it today and Craigslist, S-10 sites, and Fleabay were at your finger tips).

Riggs estimated that it was still going to be $1,500 - $2,000. Which now to me, isn't much, and I'm sure to a BALLER who can rain cash down, it isn't either, but for a college kid working for just above minimum wage at that time (remember, there was also no $10/minimum then), it was a small fortune.

#14 ·
I had custom interior work done on my SS at Riggs in Villa Park. . was extremely disappointed . . wound up having the entire job thrown in a trash can and redone by Kens Kustom Korner in Schaumburg.

They did a spectacular job. I then helped a buddy build a 63 Grand Sport replica and Ken's did the full custom interior on that.

IMHO they blow Riggs out of the water . . Riggs is a franchised chain . . Kens is a family owned shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.