: Spark plugs? Gap? with magnacharger

turbosc3
12-20-05, 03:44 AM
Just wondering what spark plugs and gap you are running on the V's with a magnacharger, cam, etc.

turbosc3
12-20-05, 03:06 PM
I am getting missfire with NGK TR55's gapped to .035 and am still looking for the solution. (about to start troubleshooting, but wanted some input)

a64pilot
12-20-05, 03:44 PM
OK I'll jump in. My V isn't blown, but from previous LS blown and N2O engines in the past, Your doing the right thing with the plugs. Unless your engine is running excessively rich and you drive it like your grandmother your problem lies elsewhere in my opinion.

lasstss
12-20-05, 04:08 PM
0.35" is a bit tight. Im rinning 0.40" Shouldnt cause a misfire though. Sure you didnt crack one. Check your plugs and wires in the dark to make sure that you dont have a light show....

turbosc3
12-20-05, 06:48 PM
Actually I dont think it is missfiring, a scanner did pull up random missfire when i first put in the cam, but i think that it is running too rich. It feels like it hits a brick wall once it warms up and i give it half throttle. All i have done tuning wise is the superchips micro tuner the magnacharger came with. Do you guys think a custom tune will solve my problems? I have done a blower cam, valvetrain, headers, hi flow cats, BB exhaust, etc and it starts to buck when i give it half/full throttle. Just a few minutes ago it started idling lower and died on its own.

Please give some advice

-Derek

Luna.
12-20-05, 08:04 PM
Actually I dont think it is missfiring, a scanner did pull up random missfire when i first put in the cam, but i think that it is running too rich. It feels like it hits a brick wall once it warms up and i give it half throttle. All i have done tuning wise is the superchips micro tuner the magnacharger came with. Do you guys think a custom tune will solve my problems? I have done a blower cam, valvetrain, headers, hi flow cats, BB exhaust, etc and it starts to buck when i give it half/full throttle. Just a few minutes ago it started idling lower and died on its own.

Please give some advice

-Derek

Yes, a tune will probably help big time.