: XM Radio and iPOD on 05 Platinum in Canada

The Piller
12-20-05, 01:40 AM
I have seen many threads about XM and iPOD in the Escalades. Can I make it work on my 05 Platinum Escalade in Canada? My nav is touch-screen. Can I integrate XM (which external XM receiver?) and control with steering wheel controls? Can I also include and iPOD? Can I tap into my exisiting OnStar/stubby antenna or do I need to add a separate XM antenna? Can I do it without losing my CD-changer?

Thanks for the help.

goodfela
12-20-05, 02:58 AM
Sorry to crack on you... but have you tried doing a search with the keywords xm and ipod?

I'm going to save you some time... check out this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56613

The Piller
12-20-05, 05:48 PM
I appreciate the suggestion. I read through it yesterday and through every similar thread before I posed my question. Do I assume that the radio configuration is the same in Canada as it is in the US? I was led to believe from the Cadillac owner support team that it is not. In the US, when you have the Platinum with the nav touch screen, you're good to go with XM. According to Cadillac, in Canada, that is not the case.

goodfela
12-20-05, 09:38 PM
I appreciate the suggestion. I read through it yesterday and through every similar thread before I posed my question. Do I assume that the radio configuration is the same in Canada as it is in the US? I was led to believe from the Cadillac owner support team that it is not. In the US, when you have the Platinum with the nav touch screen, you're good to go with XM. According to Cadillac, in Canada, that is not the case.

I too live in Canada... Vancity to be exact. My Denali as the non-touchscreen nav system works great with my ipod and xm.

Touchscreen or non-Touchscreen it should work the same way. Let me know if you need help.

honda4x4nut
12-21-05, 02:32 PM
I was not aware that XM worked in Canada? But if in fact there is a signal there then yes the Nav systems are the same go to this link below. It has a factory add on XM for gm vehicles.
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16593&cat=676&page=1

goodfela
12-21-05, 08:48 PM
I was not aware that XM worked in Canada? But if in fact there is a signal there then yes the Nav systems are the same go to this link below. It has a factory add on XM for gm vehicles.
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=16593&cat=676&page=1

Sorry, but I'm going to be a little cocky here... ;)

Do you think that the XM signal would stop on the 49* parallel? XM USA radio worked very well before they introduced XM Canada on Dec 1 2005 (which uses the same two satellites, rock and roll).

Terk sell a cheaper add-on XMDGMK, which I have and it works great.

Why pay $399 US for the factory add-on when you can pick up the Terk XMDGMK for less than have the price. The cheapest I've seen it is on ebay for $149 US. Or you can go to futureshop.ca and buy it for $299 CAD

honda4x4nut
12-22-05, 12:09 AM
yeah sorry i was under the impression that Canada was alot larger than the cities that bordered the US.Believe it or not XM stopped working for me within about 115 miles into Mexico so i must have been mistaken by thinking that canada was more than 115 miles wide. Just a little sarcasm back

The Piller
12-29-05, 10:38 PM
Sorry, but I'm going to be a little cocky here... ;)

Do you think that the XM signal would stop on the 49* parallel? XM USA radio worked very well before they introduced XM Canada on Dec 1 2005 (which uses the same two satellites, rock and roll).

Terk sell a cheaper add-on XMDGMK, which I have and it works great.

Why pay $399 US for the factory add-on when you can pick up the Terk XMDGMK for less than have the price. The cheapest I've seen it is on ebay for $149 US. Or you can go to futureshop.ca and buy it for $299 CAD

All sarcasm aside, I've had a Delphi MyFI unit since May and I used to lose it in underpasses and next to tall buildings. However, I have noticed I am no longer losing it at all (except in tunnels). As they approached the December 2005 launch in Canada, maybe they powered up the signal or moved the satellites to better cover the Great White North.

honda4x4nut
12-30-05, 12:31 PM
Well thats cool. No hard feelings Piller! Cya