: 2000 DeVille - Stalling

janovll
12-20-03, 12:54 PM
I have had the same stalling problem reported elsewhere which caused me to take the 2000 Deville in 3 times over the last 3 years, most recently this summer 2003. I live in Southern California.

I am told that the reason for the repeat repairs is that a small batch of bad parts (crank sensors I think) were made by one manufacturer that stayed in a local parts warehouse too long.

It's hard to believe I got the bad part when the car was manufactured, and then 2 other times over several years.

Do you know if this is the case and whether Cadillac has solved the problem?

Has anyone continued to experience this problem repeatedly over the years and several repair attempts? If so, which state are you in and what have you done about it?

STSEli
12-22-03, 05:40 PM
There are revised upper and lower crank sensors out now. However, they are on national back order. I am waiting for some myself.

-Eli

janovll
12-31-03, 12:04 PM
There are revised upper and lower crank sensors out now. However, they are on national back order. I am waiting for some myself.

-Eli
Did you have your faulty crank sensors replaced previously and, if so, which state was this work done performed.