: The V is back at the Service Dept.

ace996
12-19-05, 08:06 PM
Called the service dept and told them the tranny had a little leak at the back, by the tail-shaft. They wanted the car in ASAP, as it could "lead to more issues". Fine.
List of things to be done,
TSB for Howling H2O pump and thermo
Differential clunk reaching Kong-like proportions
Difficult/unable to engage 1st gear at times
Differential singing to me on slight throttle at cruise

I'm hoping that a new tranny/differential package will be installed but I'm doubtful as the SM "giggled" when I asked him for the chances of a new tranny. I said,"what new DSM is tight on warrantee work, too". Answer,"You could say that..."

We'll see what happens.
-ace

CTSV05
12-20-05, 12:57 AM
Good Lukk!

CVP33
12-20-05, 07:15 PM
Damn ACE! We were just in a few months ago. Not again. A day without the V is like a day without sunshine. Makes you want to kick puppies. Lemme' know how it turns out.

ace996
12-20-05, 09:58 PM
Well....called the dealership today, since they never call me, and guess who's getting the new diff? That's right...the part#15xxxxxx. No new tranny, they'll be installing a new tail-shaft seal.
So it's a new diff, new seal, new thermostat,new water pump, and....a compliment from the service manager on the BandM shifter...imagine that, a compliment on an aftermarket part that could've been used to deny a warrantee claim. I guess they're as tired as servicing my car as I am of bringing it in...actually, the SM said the new diff should keep me away for a few months. I'm gonna bring the SM a bottle of wine and the mechanic a case of beer. Early Christmas present for me...yay!
-ace

JOEYCTS-V
12-20-05, 10:03 PM
What dealer is this ace?

ace996
12-20-05, 10:12 PM
Cadillac of Lynbrook, Merrick Road in Lynbrook. Service mgr is Bill McArdle, mechanic is BillyBob...how do you not love a mechanic named BillyBob?
-ace

LV_V
12-20-05, 11:53 PM
mechanic is BillyBob...how do you not love a mechanic named BillyBob?
-ace

No, seriously now... :histeric:

heavymetals
12-21-05, 12:01 AM
You got the right idea!

Take care of the people who service your car, and especially when it is FREE!
:thepan: :thepan:

You would be suprised at how much it affects the attitude and how one gets treated the next time.

Besides, tis the season!!:alchi:

Luna.
12-21-05, 12:07 AM
Cadillac of Lynbrook, Merrick Road in Lynbrook. Service mgr is Bill McArdle, mechanic is BillyBob...how do you not love a mechanic named BillyBob?
-ace

:histeric: That is great...

JOEYCTS-V
12-21-05, 02:07 AM
LOL@Billybob. I wonder if I should take my car there too. Will they treat me like that even if I bought the car elsewhere?

1fstkde
12-21-05, 01:29 PM
You got the right idea!

Take care of the people who service your car, and especially when it is FREE!
:thepan: :thepan:

You would be suprised at how much it affects the attitude and how one gets treated the next time.

Besides, tis the season!!:alchi: argree to that!!!! :thumbsup:

ace996
12-21-05, 09:37 PM
Joey,
Tell them Tom K, the tall guy, recommended you see them. Good guys, not V-experts, but I'm working on that....
-ace

JOEYCTS-V
12-21-05, 11:21 PM
Good to know. I might just take my car there for my next dealer visit. Are they always backed up like most dealers?

ace996
12-22-05, 12:52 AM
I don't know if they're backed-up...but I'd call Bill McArdle (the SM) and make an appointment first. As for how they'll treat you as a non-Lynbrook-buyer...I don't think it'll be an issue. You may not get a Caddy loaner, I know they reserve those for customers, but Bill is really a nice guy and will do what he can for you if a car is available.
Good luck, remember...Tom from the bank...tall guy.

And they already know what the deal is with the catch-can...they really dug it!
-ace