: WANTED -- mini spare tire

mlg
12-19-05, 02:56 PM
have 04 v , new to me. ditched the rft's and sensors and added d3's. i like. i guess i need a mini spare. have 2 yrs remaing on roadside assist so dont need a jack yet. thanxxx

Mat347
12-19-05, 03:10 PM
Don't think anything less than an 18" will fit around the Vs 14.4" rotors. Most use a factory wheel as it fits in the trunk fine.

BowenCT
12-19-05, 03:16 PM
Don't think anything less than an 18" will fit around the Vs 14.4" rotors. Most use a factory wheel as it fits in the trunk fine.

True. Also, I'm not sure a 6-lug stow-away spare that fits the V even exists.

GOTTSPD
12-19-05, 03:18 PM
why'd you ditch the sensors. I understand that they can be used w/ non RFs.

thefly
12-19-05, 03:58 PM

if you used an inflator kit, like they had on the C5 ZO6's sensors can't be used. the chemicals would fry the sensor, but if you aren't going to anything like that i have no idea why you might ditch them, so good question if that is the case.

Luna.
12-19-05, 04:00 PM

I have non-run-flats now and they seemingly work fine.

Dreamin
12-19-05, 09:46 PM
Cuz they're inaccuate, leak, and screw up the wheel balance.

YMMV, but i had all of the above problems...

mlg
12-19-05, 11:30 PM
like he said , plus the guy who balances my wheels {does a great jogb w/ a Hunter balancer} does not want to fool w/ the sensors took car to the stealer/dealer and they charged me $ 69 to DISMOUNT 2 RF's and REMOUNT 2 DS3'S NO WAY SCREW the SENSORS.

lasstss
12-20-05, 12:06 AM

I went up to a 16" save a spare. Nothing clears those calipers.. There is nothing to be gained with a larger steel wheel. Probably best to get am OEM wheel or a miglia and put a cheap tire on it + bottle jack. JMO

mlg
12-20-05, 11:32 AM
yo i grew up in catonsville! please email me info about the 16 inch rim. thanxxx

mlg
12-20-05, 11:34 AM
oops

tedcmiller
12-20-05, 12:01 PM
I have TPMs on both my CTS-V with run-flat tires and my wife's DTS with non-run-flat tires. I have never had any problem with inaccuracy, balance problems, or leakage. People who remove the TPMs usually do so based purely on hear-say rather than the facts. The CTS-V does not need a spare or a jack because of the run-flats. The DTS has a spare and a jack because of no run-flats. Tire inflator-sealer should not be used on wheels with TPMs as it very likely to ruin them. Any one who doesn't like TPMs and run-flats is simply postponing the inevitable since the Feds are going to make both mandatory on all new cars in a few years (TPMs first then run-flats).