davesdeville
12-20-05, 02:53 AM
But a stock SRT-4 would beat it every time, right? :p

AlBundy
12-20-05, 09:27 PM
Thats one hell of a Stang. Good Video.

DBA-One
12-20-05, 09:39 PM
Ah. Don't get me started on Mustangs. I bought my Caddy and then dumped my Mustang. I'll never own another. I had great times with them but I'm tired of being beat up but driving a car to the store.

Spyder
12-20-05, 09:55 PM
Wow. I want one.

Dadillac
12-20-05, 11:17 PM
Nice run. And that was at my home track, Englishtown.

Don

Destroyer
12-22-05, 01:01 AM
Eh! Big deal. A modified Mustang running 9's or 10's is fairly common. It uses hardly any stock components. Anything can go fast if you dump a crap load of money into it.

Blackout
12-22-05, 07:27 AM
Eh! Big deal. A modified Mustang running 9's or 10's is fairly common. It uses hardly any stock components. Anything can go fast if you dump a crap load of money into it.Its the fact that in such a little amount of time they already have them running that fast. I still have yet to see any CTS-V's running those times:p

Destroyer
12-22-05, 12:41 PM
Its the fact that in such a little amount of time they already have them running that fast. I still have yet to see any CTS-V's running those times:pIts expected. Mustang has a much larger fan base than a CTS-v. It costs less to initially buy and the aftermarket knows the following it has. With the Mustang, parts were being developed for it way before the car came out. It was a rat race to see who can get the parts out first.

Spyder
12-22-05, 03:11 PM
I don't care. A 9 second street car is fast and impressive.

Katshot
12-22-05, 04:00 PM
Okay, the car's fast. Okay, VERY fast. But look at what's been done to it. Give those same type of mods to virtually any semi-fast LSx car and you'll have the same or better results I bet. What amazes me is that people do these mods to brand new cars. Just never made that much sense to me, but then it doesn't have to huh?

Blackout
12-22-05, 05:05 PM
Its expected. Mustang has a much larger fan base than a CTS-v. It costs less to initially buy and the aftermarket knows the following it has. With the Mustang, parts were being developed for it way before the car came out. It was a rat race to see who can get the parts out first.The CTS-V doesn't need to have a huge fan base to make it fast. Its the engine that needs the fan base and with it having a LS6 and now a LS2 it has just as much parts out there for it as any Mustang would. Hell Katshot didn't really do anything major performance parts on his Fleetwood and he took 2 seconds off the cars 1/4 time from stock trim. So does the Fleetwood have a huge fan base? Hell no. Could he make the car faster? Hell yeah. Some juice, 4.10's, blower, and some slicks and tada! You can make any car fast.

Blackout
12-22-05, 05:05 PM
Okay, the car's fast. Okay, VERY fast. But look at what's been done to it. Give those same type of mods to virtually any semi-fast LSx car and you'll have the same or better results I bet. What amazes me is that people do these mods to brand new cars. Just never made that much sense to me, but then it doesn't have to huh?When you have nothing else to do with your money why not? Hell if I had the money for a Lambo I'd be out there finding someone to make me a turbo!

Destroyer
12-22-05, 11:48 PM
The CTS-V doesn't need to have a huge fan base to make it fast. Its the engine that needs the fan base and with it having a LS6 and now a LS2 it has just as much parts out there for it as any Mustang would. Hell Katshot didn't really do anything major performance parts on his Fleetwood and he took 2 seconds off the cars 1/4 time from stock trim. So does the Fleetwood have a huge fan base? Hell no. Could he make the car faster? Hell yeah. Some juice, 4.10's, blower, and some slicks and tada! You can make any car fast.Yeah but how many worked Fleetwoods are out there?. I have modified my 91 Fleetwood and guarantee I have taken way more than 2 seconds off my 1/4 mile time. I did cause a: I like the car and b: nobody expects to it to do what it does let alone what it will do when its done; the perfect sleeper.

I disagree about the CTS having as many parts available as the Mustang. True the motor may have a big following but the motor alone does not make a car. The Mustang has more chassis components available and lets face it, there will always be more people doing up a $25k Mustang than a $50k Caddy. Different crowds buy these cars. Younger more speed crazed individuals will buy and modify Mustangs. Most CTS v's will live their life stock until deppreciation hits and the Mustang guys need back seat room for their newly aquired kids.

Devil_concours
12-23-05, 12:30 AM
solid axel helps out with traction in drag races.

Blackout
12-23-05, 07:29 AM
Yeah but how many worked Fleetwoods are out there?. I have modified my 91 Fleetwood and guarantee I have taken way more than 2 seconds off my 1/4 mile time. I did cause a: I like the car and b: nobody expects to it to do what it does let alone what it will do when its done; the perfect sleeper. You just proved my point! You don't need a huge aftermarket to make a car fast!

I disagree about the CTS having as many parts available as the Mustang. True the motor may have a big following but the motor alone does not make a car.If the motor doesn't make the car then why did Cadillac need Chevy to put their engines into the CTS-V and the LT1's into the Fleetwoods so that they could have a decent performing car?

Destroyer
12-23-05, 10:15 AM
You just proved my point! You don't need a huge aftermarket to make a car fast!
If the motor doesn't make the car then why did Cadillac need Chevy to put their engines into the CTS-V and the LT1's into the Fleetwoods so that they could have a decent performing car?Cadillac needed the CTS V to compete in field of ultra fast German cars like the E55 and M5. Like mentioned above the Stang also has a solid axle which is preferable over an independant rear for drag racing. The CTS has a different target audience than a Mustang although as they go down in price you will see some tricked out ones. As for the Fleetwood, it needed the LT1 to move such a big car and even though its quick for what it is, its no rocket but moves out pretty good for a lead sled.