: Fixed The "clunk"

1fstkde
12-18-05, 09:14 PM
COULDNT TAKE THE CLUNK ANYMORE!!! SO I BROUGHT IT INTO MARTIN CADILLAC TO HAVE IT CHECKED OUT.. TURNED OUT THAT MY RIGHT REAR END (DIFFERENTIAL) BUSHING WAS BROKEN AND COMMING APART. SO THEY ORDERED THE BUSHING FOR ME AND HAD IN IN TWO DAYS LATER. FINALLY THE CAR IS QUITE AGAIN!!!!:thumbsup: ..JUST THE WAY IT DROVE THE FIRST DAY OFF THE FLOOR!!!..THXS MARTIN CADILLAC, ALWAYS TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMER....

trekster
12-19-05, 02:24 AM
My car has gotten alot worse....I might take my car in tomorrow.

naiculnila
12-19-05, 08:47 AM
I took mine in as well, with the diagram and everything of what to check as far as bushings and bolts....their response: IT"S NORMAL!

I love cadillac sevice sometimes.

Davidstan
12-19-05, 11:27 AM
Dont mean to sound like a retaad but what exactly is the clunk commonly heard by everyone and when is it happening? At times i do hear a light thud.

1fstkde
12-19-05, 01:54 PM
Dont mean to sound like a retaad but what exactly is the clunk commonly heard by everyone and when is it happening? At times i do hear a light thud. when shifting usauly between 1st thru 3rd , pressing the clutch, sticking into the gear and releasing the clutch, there goes a clunking noise from the rear!! if you leave it in gear and and push the gas and release the gas it was there also, like a rocking effect it will happen also..

obzidian
12-19-05, 02:00 PM
yep...got that!! I also have a sqeeky sound coming from the right rear of the car....this might be the bushing..
Can the sound be also classified as a slack. What i mean is, if im not very, very careful with the clutch/gas when going into gear, i get this slack or slap noise/feel from the rear.

ahahnu
12-19-05, 05:15 PM
Next to the wheel hop, rear troubles, rubber shifter, difficult nav, short remote lock range, bad in snow, this is the most annoying thing! (it aslo happens during traffic/parade type situations).

bjohnso0
12-19-05, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know of a company that makes a urethane bushing for the diff or any urethane suspension bushings?

ctsvett
12-19-05, 06:39 PM
The mechanic at my dealer told me he was repalcing alot of these (on regular CTSs as well).. Mine still has clunk issues and its NOT the bushing...

I dont know of any aftermarket bushings, but thats a good idea...

Reed