: Rear DVD Entertainment Sound

augieman
12-18-05, 08:51 PM
Does this have it's own speakers, or does it have the ability to go through the main stereo?

Can small children in the 3rd still see the screen?

DVC-Don
12-19-05, 08:35 AM
It plays either through the headsets or sound system speakers.

augieman
12-19-05, 10:00 AM
Wow. If it has the ability to go through the sound system speakers, then has anybody sucessufully tapped into this line to get their mp3 player into the main stereo? Does the nav volume adjust the rear dvd volume level? Or does the rear dvd go straight to the amp?

thanks!

ckrichards
12-19-05, 12:53 PM
You can plug your MP3 player into the audio inputs of the RSE, and turn it on from the main selection up front and listen through the main speakers.

My seven year old cannot see the RSE screen when seated properly from the third row.

augieman
12-19-05, 02:15 PM
Great, so there is a possibility of getting external sound into the main stereo system without going through an FM modulator. I wonder if this input is available somehow to people without RSE.

Anybody know if the RSE has an extra video out so that I can display the picture on another monitor better placed for 3rd row viewing.

augieman
12-19-05, 02:27 PM
Also, is there any different functionality up front between regular bose and nav system regarding RSE?

If I get the Nav, does the DVD button on the Nav only refer to it's own built in DVD player? Would I essentially have two separate DVD systems? (one of which only works when parked?)

What feature (or button, or touchscreen item) up front is it that allows the RSE to then pipe through the main stereo?

thanks!