: Mildew smell re-visited

wht2000
12-18-05, 05:39 PM
A while back I mentioned there was a mildew smell when I turned the heat on in my 2000. Well, it seems it isn't coming from there. I did some snooping around with the old nose, and found out the smell was coming from under the floor mat on the drivers side...even the rug smells bad. I'm thinking maybe there's water coming in somewhere. Is it easy to pull the carpeting up and take a look? Also, anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the smell? I just sprayed the crap out of it with Fabreze? Any other ideas. Thanks.

fast66
12-18-05, 09:10 PM
sprinkle a little baking soda on it. I believe that will relieve the smell.

fast66
12-18-05, 09:11 PM
I learned the hard way with milk. Now you dont want that to dry up in your truck.

wht2000
12-19-05, 08:27 PM
Well, heres an update. I pulled the rug up on the drivers side and it smelled real bad. The floor pan and firewall are as spotless as the rest of the truck...not a sign of water anywhere. Looked up under the dash for signs of water streaks, etc...clean as a whistle. Everything is as white as the day it was bought. After I dried all the Fabreze I sprayed yesterday, I liberally sprinkled baking soda on the rug and rubbed some into the padding underneath. We'll see if that does the trick. I was wondering....the rugs were shampooed by the dealer when I bought the 'Lade back in July. Is it possible that the rugs were wet too much and the floor mats were put on over them while they were still damp and that's where the smell is coming from? Just a thought. Thanks for the info on the baking soda.

WEH
12-19-06, 02:11 PM
i found a water leak coming front the windshield drain and running down the corner of the firewall hard to see i added food dye to the water i was pouring to find the leak what a pain in the ass to find

Rolex
12-19-06, 07:26 PM
Put a bucket of POO POO in the back seat. You'll stop noticing the mildew smell almost immediately.

Hope that helps. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif (javascript:insertText('[BD]');)