: 97 deville stalling, no codes

chuckdobbins
12-17-05, 09:13 PM
just as the title says.

got a 97 deville with 121k. when coming to a gentle stop, the car stalls just under 5mph. it has done this on 2 seperate days, each day it happened 3-4 times. and also, it has only happened on trips where i have not driven for a couple days prior and it rained heavily for those couple of days.

im not getting any codes either.

not sure if this car has had the 100k mile tune-up. i would assume it has, considering my parents car needed it at 70k. but if it needed that done, wouldnt i be getting the "engine stall detected" code and such?

thanks for any input.

-chuck

Ranger
12-17-05, 09:24 PM
The need of a tune up is not likely to cause this. Just a shot in the dark here but maybe the TCC not disengaging. I would think that would set a DTC but stranger things have happened.

chuckdobbins
12-20-05, 09:51 AM
ok so i lied, i got the P1599 code last night, engine stall detected or near stall.

at 121k miles, would this spell tune up?

i think im gonna wait it out a little longer, considering the car runs fine in dry weather. its only stalled after days of rain.

Ranger
12-20-05, 05:34 PM
At 121K a tune up can't hurt, and may be due, but I would not expect that to cause a stall.

hogstamogsta
12-20-05, 11:05 PM
i think it would be the crank sensor, i have a 96 deville n every1 is saying thats what could be the problem because mine is doing the same thing