: Wtf!!!!!

danbuc
12-17-05, 03:46 PM
For anyone here that frequents Bruce's site Caddyinfo at all, I suggest you take a quick look and see what happened. Someone "hacked" it and now has one topic listed, with a poll asking for a yes or no to get the site back. If you are a emember, please go over there and say yes in the meantime until we find a way to get everything back. Sal, if you see this, make sure you've got all your shit together, I don't want something liek that happening here, it would be catastrophic. F**kin' Looser hacker.......if I ever found the person, my boot would be so far up their ass, they'd be tasting leather for for a week.:mad:

Lord Cadillac
12-17-05, 03:59 PM
We get hack attempts here every day. We do two backups daily and they're stored in two separate locations and backups are retained for 30 days. Whoever hacked their site has already been here to give it a shot...

danbuc
12-17-05, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured that......at least you back all the stuff up which is good. I don't now if Bruce bacs his stuff up over there, but the sight has been down once or twice before, and everything's come back. A buddy of mine just sent Bruce an email, since he can temporararily host the site for him, although is only a bandaid till this get's sorted out.

Playdrv4me
12-17-05, 05:49 PM
We get hack attempts here every day. We do two backups daily and they're stored in two separate locations and backups are retained for 30 days. Whoever hacked their site has already been here to give it a shot...

Co-located backups.... Nice... Very nice.

terrible one
12-17-05, 05:59 PM
That's so low...

sonjaab
12-18-05, 04:15 AM
WOW !!!!!!!! I Go away for a bit and some jerk ruins things.......

What to do?..................geo

danbuc
12-18-05, 05:12 AM
At least the PM's are still working over there. I just sent that ****er a message he won't soon forget.....****in' looser. DAMNIT this shit pisses me off.:mad:

Spyder
12-18-05, 07:20 AM
don't bother pm'ing him...that's what he wants, is a reaction...

mccombie_5
12-18-05, 08:53 AM
I hate it when spoilers just try to ruin it for the rest of us.

kempie
12-18-05, 09:10 AM
I wonder what it cost$ to restore a web site? As long as it usually seems to take owners to fix it after being hacked it cant be cheap.
I guess I'd better set a little $ aside for Bruce. What the hell, I tip the postman and I like the content at Bruces site better than the mail I get.

kempie
12-19-05, 05:31 PM
Anyone talk to Bruce lately?

Elvis
12-19-05, 06:08 PM
That really sucks. I used to visit over there a few years ago when I was researching Caddys. Not a bad place at all. It's a shame that people feel the need to do shit like that for entertainment.

rek
12-19-05, 08:28 PM
Well, I tried to PM a couple of the old timers and they wouldn't go through' A message said they weren't authorized to use the message service. I have PM'd the members before, so it may be part of the "Hack" job.

danbuc
12-21-05, 05:24 AM
Haha...back in business! Bruce got it all straightened out, although it seems everything was lost back to Nov. 30...not a big deal. At least it's one more Caddy forum back online. Just thought I'd update those wondering about Caddyinfo's status.

Elvis
12-21-05, 10:27 AM
It almost makes me want to send them money. I don't even go there, but they link to us and it seems to be a friendly co-existence.

I'm glad they got back up again.