: Interior Removal w/ Sound Dead PICS

ssmith100
12-17-05, 02:06 AM
Removed all the interioor in my car today. Funny thing was it only took about 30 minutes. As you can see all the flooring has beeen laid with sound deadening material. This took much longer than reving everything. Posting some before and after shots. Still a lot to do but the new Stereo is going to sound really good.

SHane

wildwhl
12-17-05, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the pics.

How long did it take all together?

WW

urbanski
12-17-05, 08:47 AM
DANG
that is alot of acreage and as usual your install is flawless :) neat and tidy. mine's like i threw it in the air, and wherever it landed i pressed it in :p

tell me you did the B pillar metal, too. Those sucked to get on/off. You'll be amazed at how much sound came up thru the floor, that wont be there now :)

jimbo1320
12-17-05, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the pictures. Any more on your progress. I wish I had the fortitude to tackle that upgrade. You should be a happy camper with the job you've done.

James

ssmith100
12-18-05, 03:59 PM
Thought I would post a couple of pics of the carpet back in. For those of you who want to change your carpet to black it would be a very easy mod. I't a three piece carpet system so it it very easy to remove.

Shane

urbanski
12-18-05, 04:31 PM
few if any dust bunnies under those seats :p :D

obzidian
12-19-05, 02:32 PM
very nice.....did you deadened the doors as well? How about the rear susb-panel and the pillars?

clean install...im about to iunstall a 12x2 subs and i want to get this done..thanks!!

ssmith100
12-19-05, 03:20 PM
Car is now deadened from the firewall to the back end of the trunk. The only thing I have left to do is the rear doors. This has been one of the best modifications I have done. My car is extremely quiet and rattle free. It is very time consuming to do it "right", but worth every penny. I don't know how much time I have spent doing this and the stereo modifications that are being made. Having the rear panel cover redone in the same velvet that is on our seats in black. I also removed the center seat belt because of the rattle that I could not get to go away in the latching mechanism. They filled the seat belt hole in my rear panel and am just waiting on the material to arrive to cover it and the amp rack board that is mounting underneathe the rear decklid. I'll be updating with pics.

Shane

pietroraimondi
12-23-05, 04:55 AM
Photo's are excellent! Is it at all possible that you could post an "instructional manual or list" that lays out the process you undertook in doing this project; much as Miscreant did with his Nav install?

Perhaps Reed could repost it at www.cadillacfaq.com

It would be of great benefit to know instructionally the starting point of what you removed first and how and in what progressive process you followed in removing each subsequent item inside the cabin.

What I am referring to specifically is where you started; what you disconnected and how and then onto item number 2 if that was perhaps the console center shifter, then item number 3, item number 4 etc, etc.

It was particularly beneficial to learn that the premolded carpet was 3 pieces. I for one would like to take that 3 piece CTSV carpet as a template to a custom upholsterer and have a better grade of wilton wool cut in 3 pieces and professionally bound and reinstalled rather than simply reinstalling the thin level loop GM "cheap grade" OEM carpet. In addition; the "aftermarket" provides many more variations of carpet grade with regard to color selections ( I've seen at least 10 different shades of black and gray from dark black to charcoal to dark gray, silver, platinum, dark, medium and light gray; the color selections are endless). You have your choice of material selection, ( olefin, poly, wool ) as well as density, height etc.

My CTSV is Redline Metallic and I have the light platinum gray interior and matching carpet and would much rather like a very dark gray carpet rather than what is supplied as OEM regardless of color. So this would be the perfect time to have an upholsterer use that OEM 3 piece cloor carpet template to cut a better grade of carpet goods (a charcoal gray wilton wool high density 80 ounce ) for the carpet reinstall.

This type of carpet that I am describing above is thin in height like the OEM, but it is extremely dense ( meaning the number of carpet threads per square inch) and I have color selection! It is the same type of carpet installed in high-end Bentley's, Rolls and is used by custom builders like Foose, Coddingtion etc. It almost has a silk like feeling to it and will absolutely "wear forever" with regard to wool.

Again, any instructional how to info would be great.

best regards & happy holidays - Pete

ctsvett
12-23-05, 05:27 PM
if someone writes a procedure, I will definitely post it...

Reed