: New 'Young' 2006 STS Owner

cosmin
12-16-05, 07:38 AM
--
Just wanted to introduce myself. Yesterday i put a deposit on my 2006 STS 1SC AWD. Ok so it's the v6 :) ....but hey, i'm working my way up :D

... I currently work for the General in the Design Staff, so I have a bit of insight in the direction of the new Cadillacs, and all I can say Cadillac has a very BRIGHT FUTURE :)

I will never disclose anything, so dont even think about asking me. I need to make the payments on the new car somehow :D

..anyway. picking it up later on today. Cant wait. Hoping to be a good contributor to this community. I founded and lead another forum (though not cadillac related) with over 500,000 posts and 13,500 members. So this vBulletin platform and the way things work is familiar to me. Hope to be of help :)

cosmin
12-16-05, 03:08 PM
--
just picked it up a couple of hours ago. too bad its snowing here in michigan, cause it ruined the 'shiny new penny' look :)

.... i've been reading the STS forums and i pray that i dont suffer any of the fates that the others have. The dealer experience was exceptional as well.

i'm in love with my new Cadillac.

caddycruiser
12-16-05, 08:36 PM
--
just picked it up a couple of hours ago. too bad its snowing here in michigan, cause it ruined the 'shiny new penny' look :)
.... i've been reading the STS forums and i pray that i dont suffer any of the fates that the others have. The dealer experience was exceptional as well.
i'm in love with my new Cadillac.

Well, one thing I've always wondered with people like yourself...IF your new car were to have problems, wouldn't you kind of be right at the top of the food chain in terms of getting things fixed? I mean, if you work for GM, I couldn't even imagine having to deal with the typical dealer service department...unless, of course, they know who you are and give special treatment. Or, moreso, I couldn't imagine working for GM themselves and then buying one of your own cars and not already knowing "common bugs", so to speak.

So, congrats on the car, even being such an "insider" from the start;)

Boombotz
12-18-05, 03:11 AM
:welcome: to the forums, glad you found us.

cosmin
12-18-05, 02:54 PM
boombotz.. thanks for the welcome... and caddycruiser :) ... of course i am going to buy what we build ... i have faith in our company :) ... and of course i need a paycheck ;)

... i work at the 'sketch' phase.. when launching a vehicle in simple terms alot happens from the sketch to the key in the ignition... i try to do my part and if we all do our best to design/build the best cars, then there should BE NO competition :D

powerglide
12-18-05, 10:25 PM
Hey hey!
:welcome: that is a beautiful car you are gettin....show us pics when you are done joy riding :-)

cosmin
12-19-05, 01:06 PM
--
i'll def. show some pics. right now its in the garage though. i'm using my 'winter car' :D ... now here in mich. there's tons of snow and not a good 'photo op' to justify the STS's beauty :)
... it was great though that this weekend driving it around and at our church, people and friends were impressed by it (not that i was driving it) but how elegant and classy the car looked. this is from the 'european crowd' that the majority own european benzes and bimmers.

:bling:

megeebee
12-19-05, 03:50 PM
If you can't post a photo anytime soon, tell us which color and interior you chose.
Can you say which studio you work in?

cosmin
12-19-05, 07:44 PM
--
its 'BLACK RAVEN' and 'EBONY' interior. of course with the 1SC package its fully loaded with the infotainment center and the rest of the goodies.

Today I came home late because we are finishing some things up at the studio, so it was night by the time i got home... but i'll try to take some photos and upload them to the gallery section. havent looked if you can upload anything for free or you have to have a premium account here in cadillacforums.com but... i'll upload some pics and place a link here asap.

... anyone have any tips for me as a 'young cadillac owner'? as most younger owners here ... none of us would have probably bought one at this age a few years back... but things have definitely changed at Cadillac.

.. as for what studio? well, i cant say now, y'all will see it at the NAIAS 2006 in Detroit :D

SilverFleetwood85
12-19-05, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.

caddycruiser
12-19-05, 11:35 PM
--
.. as for what studio? well, i cant say now, y'all will see it at the NAIAS 2006 in Detroit :D

Gee...let me guess, the Camaro that I've seen 5 clay model, 3D spinning display pics of...:rolleyes:

cosmin
12-20-05, 01:09 PM
Gee...let me guess, the Camaro that I've seen 5 clay model, 3D spinning display pics of...:rolleyes:--
cant say. need to wait until the NAISAS to see if anything is there.

Kev
12-20-05, 02:13 PM
Welcome to the forums!

As I'm sure you are well aware, there are multiple throngs of folks my age hoping to see GM unveil an awesome 'Retro' Camaro the likes of which will be the envy of the recent Mustang owners! :thumbsup: Whether you are working on a project such as that matters little so long as somebody is! :highfive:

:cool2:

:burn:

AlBundy
12-28-05, 08:24 PM
Won't give up any info huh. Then I won't ask if you had anything to do with the design of the Cadillac Sixteen(oh I guess I just did sorry)? Welcome.

cosmin
01-03-06, 02:25 PM
--
nah. didnt touch that. i worked on the current CTS and SRX though, the new generation interiors that is in the current STS and upcoming ESCALADE are alot nicer though :)

i did a competitive analysis on the new 06 Benz R350 ( http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=R350 ) interior and i was SHOCKINGLY disappointed as to what BENZ is coming out with. but extremely pleased to say that our interior design (CADILLAC) is surprisingly a whole lot better than BENZ and other competitors.

i am an interior guy ... sure the exterior HAS TO BE catchy, but you spend 99% of your time INSIDE the car, ... so it MUST be well executed.

Kev
01-03-06, 02:42 PM
--
i did a competitive analysis on the new 06 Benz R350 ( http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=R350 ) interior and i was SHOCKINGLY disappointed as to what BENZ is coming out with. but extremely pleased to say that our interior design (CADILLAC) is surprisingly a whole lot better than BENZ and other competitors.

i am an interior guy ... sure the exterior HAS TO BE catchy, but you spend 99% of your time INSIDE the car, ... so it MUST be well executed.My previous Boss had a 89 500s Benz, the big sedan with a V8. He took me on a few business trips in it and I was very disappointed at how firm and hard the leather seats were. After an hour I got the feeling I'd get 'bed sores' if I didn't shift every 15 minutes.

My 89 DeVille has the crushed velour upholstery, it's THE most comfortable car I can ever remember spending time in. I take it on the same trips now in my own business that my old boss did. I can spend hours in that car and come out feeling relaxed and still somewhat fresh.

I love this Caddy! I hope the next one will be as comfortable as this. It's more comfortable than my living room furniture.

Your work is GREATLY appreciated when you do it right! (I realize you are too young to have had anything to do with my 89 interior but I wanted to share my thoughts for your consideration on future Caddys)

Keep it cozy!

cosmin
01-04-06, 08:48 AM
--
well, IMO why Benz, BMW, etc. have had an edge on many domestic cars lately is the fact that Europeans look for reliability first. and in my circle of friends the joke was always; get an american car if you want to drive it for under 100K miles, get a European / Asian car if you want something dependable.

The development cycle of an automobile and its companys' method of developing the cars from design, engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, etc... is always different. But (insert bias here) I must say we (GM) are catching up from a dependability standpoint. As you see under my name I purchased the dreaded Pontaic Aztek back in 2001 when it came out, mostly for the ruggedness of knowing we had a new Baby coming along and we needed a 'trashable' car/sport ute :) ... but almost 95K miles into it now, and i must say it has been almost problem free for 5 years.

Oh, and I just heard here on our local radio station that the AP reported that GM is 2nd to Honda in being the most 'productive' car company. Ahead of Toyota ..... everything comes, 1 step at a time :D

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
01-04-06, 12:30 PM
You say you had a lot to do with the new STS interior?

Well done!
I've never seen one in teh flesh (hey I live in the UK) but in the website movie presentations it looks out of this world.

Nice one!

(and welcome!)

cosmin
01-07-06, 10:43 AM
You say you had a lot to do with the new STS interior?

Well done!
I've never seen one in teh flesh (hey I live in the UK) but in the website movie presentations it looks out of this world.

Nice one!

(and welcome!)--
thanks for the warm welcome. ya, i cant take credit for the interior, because it is a team effort and either way the design directors have their say on the final look and feel, but being part of the team was great. Their is a really neat vibe when working on the Cadillac line, and the products we are working on are shocking. :)

well, 'was' working on, i've resigned from the General and moved on to run my own company. so now the fun begins :D