: why does every one come after the v

alcast082
12-16-05, 01:27 AM
JUst got to run with a new gt mustang, I thought it was pretty quick, I walked him on 3 starting from 70 head to head. I beat him and when i stop looking at my rearview mirror he steps on it again, I see him pass me so I punch it and i see I was creeping up but not fast enough since he had momentum but I stick with it at around 110 I pass him and by 125 i'm a full car length away and just cruise.
I love it when they put up a fight even if they step on it before me.

Blacksport350
12-16-05, 10:53 AM
Must be where you live!

I have been challanged once by a C5 Vette(no contest). And my wife twice by a new 7 Series which was a joke but she felt she needed to offer resistance as the guy reved his engine!

Aside from that, I don't get bothered in any of my cars. Oh, unless I have been in something exotic and then it is the idiots in SUVss and minivans that want to race! :histeric:

nukeduster
12-16-05, 11:00 AM
I got a U-Haul to try to race me the other day. Was, interesting. Pulled up beside me, revved his engine a little bit.. me and a couple guys from work I was carpooling with looked at each other... "he couldn't possibly be serious..."

Light turns green and he chirps the rear tires a tiny bit and off he went. Was good for some laughs as he "zoomed off" as I just coasted on by not even trying.

DrivingAmericanNow
12-16-05, 11:22 AM
Must be where you live!

I have been challanged once by a C5 Vette(no contest). And my wife twice by a new 7 Series which was a joke but she felt she needed to offer resistance as the guy reved his engine!

Aside from that, I don't get bothered in any of my cars. Oh, unless I have been in something exotic and then it is the idiots in SUVss and minivans that want to race! :histeric:

Funny, I get almost no challengers in the V. I've complained before that either they think it's an underpowered CTS and not worth playing with or they know what it really is and they're afraid of losing.

BTW: I'm surprized anyone challenges you with the 350. I get no takers in my HCi and that's not nearly as quick as the 350.

alcast082
12-16-05, 11:27 AM
I am in miami, I don't get too many, But the ones I beat, always come back from behind and try to zoom by you.
Probably 1 or two a week.

04CTSVforMe
12-16-05, 11:52 AM
Funny, I get almost no challengers in the V. I've complained before that either they think it's an underpowered CTS and not worth playing with or they know what it really is and they're afraid of losing.

BTW: I'm surprized anyone challenges you with the 350. I get no takers in my HCi and that's not nearly as quick as the 350.

I'm with you on this one. When I had my Camaro SS it seemed like everyone from Vette's to Civic's wanted to run.

With the V, I honestly think most people don't know what it is. I've mostly had younger guys (if I call them "kids" it means I'm getting old, right?) in M3's and WRX's that knew, but the boys with the good toys don't hardly look my way. :hmm:

dannystang
12-16-05, 12:03 PM
I am in miami, I don't get too many, But the ones I beat, always come back from behind and try to zoom by you.
Probably 1 or two a week.

Where in miami alcast?

I am in Doral, work in Pinecrest...

Give me a quick run during lunch no one wants to play with me...

I think people think what an idiot this guy put dual 3" tips on a caddy and shifts through his automatic gears manually.

EDIT: Last G35 and M3 I ran into I started driving circles around them I thought this might put them over the edge...nothing AND they had DECALS!

Katshot
12-16-05, 12:25 PM
Must be where you live!

This post brings up a question. You're not the first 'V' driver that has posted something about blowing off a C5 Vette. My question is, how? Are you guys only finding people that can't drive their Vettes? A C5 "should" nose out a 'V' by a small margin in both the 0-60 and the 1/4 mile. I'm not doubting you but just wondering about this.

bobwhat
12-16-05, 12:50 PM

I had the same problem until I "shaved" the CTS logo off the back. Now I get two or three trys a week because all they can see is that nasty looking V symbal looking them in the eye and they want to find out what it is. Of course I'm always ready to show them! :nyanya:

Luna.
12-16-05, 01:21 PM
I got a U-Haul to try to race me the other day. Was, interesting. Pulled up beside me, revved his engine a little bit.. me and a couple guys from work I was carpooling with looked at each other... "he couldn't possibly be serious..."

Light turns green and he chirps the rear tires a tiny bit and off he went. Was good for some laughs as he "zoomed off" as I just coasted on by not even trying.

:histeric: That is hysterical

a64pilot
12-16-05, 01:29 PM
This post brings up a question. You're not the first 'V' driver that has posted something about blowing off a C5 Vette. My question is, how? Are you guys only finding people that can't drive their Vettes? A C5 "should" nose out a 'V' by a small margin in both the 0-60 and the 1/4 mile. I'm not doubting you but just wondering about this.
That kinda thing happens all of the time. Just because you can afford it dosen't mean you know what to do with it. Seems to be particularly bad with the Porch crowd on anything but a straight line. And that's with the few that will play, most of them seem to be wating on the grey poupon or something.

Katshot
12-16-05, 01:44 PM
Damn shame isn't it? They drive what is commonly called the best American car, best American sports car, best this, best that, and they drive it like its' a friggin' Kia! Go figure. :cookoo:

obzidian
12-16-05, 02:06 PM
hey, im also from miami.

Im usually everywhere down here, Oh, "thats what she said!!!" :)

Anyways, I really dont get that much attention during the day but at night, when they are cruises and the locals are out i see tons of cars. but I really dont get to race much unless i instigate it. For example, last night i saw two stangs and a 350z hang a right so i followed. Later, a silver turbo neon joined and we all were cruising. The 350z was on my right, i was on the far left lane....with the stang in front of him while the neon was lined up with the stang in front of me.

I heard them downshift so i did as well. A moment later, they hit it and me and the Z joined in. I absolutely destroyed the Z and pulled up quickly on the stang. (93-96 stang??) Got past him, shifted to third, switched lanes and pulled up to the neon and got a bit in front when i hit fourth...that is unitl we had to shut down due to traffic.

We talked and when the light turned green, we rolled out slowly but ready in 2nd. He hit it and i answered. He shifted to third before me but didnt budge. We were neck to neck. I shifted to third but missed it!!! ARGHHHH stock rubber shifter!!!!!! He kept going but then turned off with a wave.

The stang and Z pulled up and i wish i had a camera so you can see the look on those guys faces....priceless. CTS? I got beat by a cts? Wait, what is that.... a V? HUH?

hehehehehhee!!! I love this car even with all of its issues!!!

obzidian
12-16-05, 02:09 PM

I haven't raced a c5 yet but i have raced a black c5 z06. It was a short race from third on the highway. We're pretty much even until we both shifted to fourth, he pulled a car and we stayed pretty much even though we didnt get to much room after shifting to fourth.

Im sure that by the numbers, a c5 should be in front but after racing the z06, i think that it could definitely be possible. Hell, there was a member here with only a good tune, a beat a c6 and thats faster than the c5'z....

DrivingAmericanNow
12-16-05, 02:39 PM
we rolled out slowly but ready in 2nd. Neon hit it and i answered. He shifted to third before me but didnt budge. We were neck to neck. I shifted to third but missed it!!! ARGHHHH stock rubber shifter!!!!!!

Most surprizing race I ever had with the V was against a Neon SRT4. I was faster, but not by much. It looked like such a cheap piece of crap, I thought I'd crush him.

I've since come to understand those little things are easy and cheap to mod, and they can easily approach 400 horses. I'm guessing it wouldn't take much for them to explode with those kinds of mods, but I'm sure they're impressive for a few runs.

04CTSVforMe
12-16-05, 02:41 PM
I beat a C5 in my Camaro, so I am sure the V could handle some of them very well.

I think the key is..."some of them". The power variations of LS1 & LS6 engines has been shown to vary pretty wildly over the years. I felt I had an above average LS1 in the SS, and until I get a "broken-in" dyno of the V that shows me otherwise, I think I have an LS6 that is middle of the pack at best.

Add in different trannys & gears and drivers, and you could probably see some pretty surprising stuff. I would be just as not surprised to beat a C5 as to lose to one. At least while the V is stock...:cool:

Katshot
12-16-05, 03:14 PM
Believe me, MANY people have been caught on the short-end of the stick when racing a SRT-4. They're fairly quick stock (I've seen a few into the high 13's completely stock), but with even a slight amount of "massaging" they can embarrass cars costing many times more. From what I understand their engines are actually quite durable too.
As for the Vettes, it seems that a fairly common 1/4 mile E/T with a stock C5 is high 12's to low 13's (just a smidge quicker than a CTS-V), and the Z06's should be in the low to mid 12's stock. If these numbers are true, beating a Vette is no small accomplishment. Of course as usual, that's depending on equal drivers.

obzidian
12-16-05, 03:48 PM
yeah, the neons are interesting in the sense that they are the fastest car, i believe, you can get for under 20k. Stock, with the lsd, they can get up and go but we'll win at the 1320. stock vs stock.

However, the beauty or better put, the "significance" of the turbo neon, besides the price, is the engine platform. BAsically, its a stroked-out 2.4L with low compression. Its not a civic 1.8 or 1.6, this motor has a bit of torque to it due to its long stroke and valvetrain characteristics. Add a turbo boosting stock around 12lbs peak, a free flowing exhaust (no mufflers) and you will have a quick car that weighs under 3k...around 2900lbs. A fourdoor at that!!

Everyone know, that with FI, it only takes a few tweaks of the tune, boost pressure and fuel and you can make good power. The stock turbo is quite small so it doesnt have the lag when compared to a EVO for example. (The evo makes up for it with the AWD launch) However, they wont get close to 20psi, which is where the stock block/engine and turbo reach there max, if im not mistaken. Than you should consider a completely forged bottom end, larger turbo, intake/intercooler plumbing, fuel..etc. But with a with an injector swap, retune which remaps the a/f and raises the boost while re-mapping the boost characteristics on the stock turbo....they can achieve a big jump in performance for practically nothing.

They're downfall is their lack of traction since its a FF platform. Personally, in the end you are still driving a neon. IF you want a quick, new car for on a budget and dont mind the lack traction issue...you know, a fun toy car....a turbo neon shouldnt be overlooked. Its like the omni'z of the early 80'z.

What does all of this nonsense mean, that a turbo neon shouldnt be brushed off because it can wreak havoc real quick if dont watch out. From my experience, I have raced the new sti's, evo's and neons. The race is identical where its even until i the V gets the shift (if she evefn lets shift!!) and pulls.

Personally, i respect the car and in a way, i like it very much...well, i like the motor but not the car!!! I just have no respect or i only exhibit the fundamental mutual respect towards the owners. Around here its the new civic or mustang. And the ppl behind the wheel are just arrogant and obnoxious. I really dont pay them much attention unless i notice that they the driver had gottan away with a few wins and is in need of a reality check. I love there expression and there reaction...."Oh, ni, nice car." than they leave with the face a baby would make when you take away their rattle because he/she had it halfway in their mouth....

These V'z are serious and though not the fastest car stock down the 1320, they MPH high and will go when pushed!!!! I very surpirsed how weel this car has done in stick trim, down to the paper filter, and i know a few head/cam tricks that could make this a wraith when cornered!!

alcast082
12-16-05, 04:18 PM
We should have a miami meet guys,
I live in pinecrest, Work in a shutter company called ADVANCED SAFETY RESOURCES behind the falls (mall)
I can tell you I am not amazing at launching this car but if I am on the highway, that is fun. specially from 75 on.
I stopped driving fast on us1 and such after I got thrown in jail by a jack ass cop. HE was only trying to scare me, put me in towed my car and let me out 5 hours later with a speeding ticket, 65 on a 45.
I swear I had just downshifted and he was going the opposite way so when I saw him I let go. The jackass toock the nex turn popped a u turn almost lost control and hit my friend way behind me, I sw him loose and for a split second i thougth he will never catch me, he's too far to even see my plates.
But since those days are far behind, I pulled over , and had enough time to reverse park and get my stuff ready. He was so pissed he pulled me out and threw me in the back of the car.
All his buds told him to let me go but he was way to ashamed of loosing cotrol and almost causing an accident.
ANy how

I just wrote this and don't feel like checking it so pardon my quick post and I hope you guys can understand most of it.

Joey'sVee
12-16-05, 04:22 PM
Nobody has ever wanted to play with my V. If I race...then I instigated it!

heavymetals
12-16-05, 04:39 PM

I beat a C6.
Gave away the hole shot then reeled him in.:histeric: :histeric:
HA HA HA.

Wouldn't even look at me at the next light.
Not even a thumbs up.
What an arsehole.

He picked on me and got hosed.

Katshot
12-16-05, 04:59 PM
'nother one bites the dust!

KTSwanson
12-16-05, 05:24 PM
I've noticed an inverse relationship between the cost of the steed, and the likelihood to "play". Around here (Newport Beach, CA) there are lots of very nice, very expensive cars (Porsches, AMG-MBs, 5, 6 and 7 series BMWs, Bentleys, etc), and consistently I've noticed that the more expensive the car is, the less likely the driver will even think of punching it. The other night I was at a light before a lovely long curving onramp onto the freeway, with an Aston Martin DB9 and new BMW 650i (no plates yet) in front. I took off, and both must have been driven by grandmas based on accelleration. It seems if you pay too much, it's no longer a toy or tool, but something you end up being paranoid about. Long live the reasonably priced CTS-V!

turbojimmy
12-16-05, 05:44 PM
I'm with you on this one. When I had my Camaro SS it seemed like everyone from Vette's to Civic's wanted to run.

With the V, I honestly think most people don't know what it is. I've mostly had younger guys (if I call them "kids" it means I'm getting old, right?) in M3's and WRX's that knew, but the boys with the good toys don't hardly look my way. :hmm:

I agree. I don't think people know what they are so they don't bother. Honestly, if I didn't hang out here I really wouldn't know what a CTS-V was. Everyone and their brother wants a piece of the GN (when I travel outside of my town - no one in town wants to mess with it :).

In my dad's SS the rice is always buzzing around me like bees. It's actually pretty annoying.

Jim

obzidian
12-16-05, 05:45 PM
I beat a C6.
HA HA HA.

Not even a thumbs up.
What an arsehole.

He picked on me and got hosed.

I got the same results when i raced a c6 in my camaro... he was in front of me, my lane when he hit it....first..didnt even wait for me to get next to him!! Anyways, i caught up and left him about two/three cars back to 130mph....i slowed down, put the window down but he just kept on going with his tail between his legs.... Thats miami for ya!!!!

ahahnu
12-16-05, 06:27 PM
If there is a race to be had around here, it is very difficult. Last night I was on a three lane 50 mph highway and I saw a TA from 1999? flowing through traffiand I knew he would be fun. At the next light alot of revving went on but he went his way and I went mine. Too bad, it woulda been great fun as I haven't had some "to go " with in quite awhile.

DrivingAmericanNow
12-16-05, 08:19 PM
Around here (Newport Beach, CA) there are lots of very nice, very expensive cars (Porsches, AMG-MBs, 5, 6 and 7 series BMWs, Bentleys, etc), and consistently I've noticed that the more expensive the car is, the less likely the driver will even think of punching it.

I think their disinterest in racing proves a point. There are basically two types of people who buy expensive performance cars:

Type #1 buy a high end performance car becuase they like to drive them.
Type #2 buy a high end performance car to show people that they've got the money to buy it. To them it's a public demostration designed to show everyone that they're rich.

I believe the more expensive the car, the more likely it is that the driver is of type #2. If you're a type #1, with enough cash to buy an Aston a Ferrari or a Bentley, you're a lucky, lucky person.

sefa01
12-16-05, 08:38 PM
I beat a C6.
HA HA HA.

Not even a thumbs up.
What an arsehole.

He picked on me and got hosed.Having owned a C6, which I just traded for a C6 Z06, and my V, I can tell you that the the C6 is definitely quicker than the V if both are stock. He probably wouldn't acknowledge you afterwards because he knew he couldn't drive--and you could.

heavymetals
12-16-05, 08:51 PM
Having owned a C6, which I just traded for a C6 Z06, and my V, I can tell you that the the C6 is definitely quicker than the V if both are stock. He probably wouldn't acknowledge you afterwards because he knew he couldn't drive--and you could.

I am pretty sure the maggie had something to do with it.
He thought he would be faster and he was wrong.
That is one of the things that is so BITCHIN about the V.

They don't expect to be beaten by a Cadillac, let alone a blown one.
:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

alcast082
12-17-05, 10:42 AM
The worse is when you find yourself sorrounded by fast willing cars and your not able to race.
Last night Raced an m3 then a vwgti and an e55 joined in we are all at the light and my girlfried is there yelling " act your age"
I am 23, And the guy in the m3 and e55 are atleast 30 so I say
Look around the cars are over 50K and they are doing the same thing. Too late though they had already taken off and ofcourse the e55 blew them all.
He didn't peel out just smooth out off the whole and flew.

Katshot
12-17-05, 10:53 AM
Having owned a C6, which I just traded for a C6 Z06, and my V, I can tell you that the the C6 is definitely quicker than the V if both are stock. He probably wouldn't acknowledge you afterwards because he knew he couldn't drive--and you could.

You said a mouth-full.

turbojimmy
12-17-05, 01:24 PM
The worse is when you find yourself sorrounded by fast willing cars and your not able to race.

That's bad, but I wouldn't say the worst. The worst is when you're surrounded by fast willing cars and you're in your minivan. I swear I've lined up next to more fast cars in my minivan than in any other car I drive.

Jim

dannystang
12-17-05, 02:51 PM
We should have a miami meet guys,
I live in pinecrest, Work in a shutter company called ADVANCED SAFETY RESOURCES behind the falls (mall)
I can tell you I am not amazing at launching this car but if I am on the highway, that is fun. specially from 75 on.
I stopped driving fast on us1 and such after I got thrown in jail by a jack ass cop. HE was only trying to scare me, put me in towed my car and let me out 5 hours later with a speeding ticket, 65 on a 45.
I swear I had just downshifted and he was going the opposite way so when I saw him I let go. The jackass toock the nex turn popped a u turn almost lost control and hit my friend way behind me, I sw him loose and for a split second i thougth he will never catch me, he's too far to even see my plates.
But since those days are far behind, I pulled over , and had enough time to reverse park and get my stuff ready. He was so pissed he pulled me out and threw me in the back of the car.
All his buds told him to let me go but he was way to ashamed of loosing cotrol and almost causing an accident.
ANy how

I just wrote this and don't feel like checking it so pardon my quick post and I hope you guys can understand most of it.

No way I work behind the falls at R & S.

We use you guys dont we?

87 ave and 129 Terr.

56th st -> US1 on the palmetto is priceless.

Katshot
12-17-05, 11:44 PM
That's bad, but I wouldn't say the worst. The worst is when you're surrounded by fast willing cars and you're in your minivan. I swear I've lined up next to more fast cars in my minivan than in any other car I drive.
Jim

You are SO right! Back a few years when I used to ride bikes, that ALWAYS happened to me. I'd be cruising around on one of my old "classics" and would get buzzed by some guy on a crotch-rocket. DAMN that pissed me off! Because when I was riding my Katana 1100, I owned the road.
Same happens now. I'll be cruising in my Jeep and I'll see somebody wanting to "play", and I WISH I had my FTS.

12-17-05, 11:47 PM
I think their disinterest in racing proves a point. There are basically two types of people who buy expensive performance cars:

Type #1 buy a high end performance car becuase they like to drive them.
Type #2 buy a high end performance car to show people that they've got the money to buy it. To them it's a public demostration designed to show everyone that they're rich.

I believe the more expensive the car, the more likely it is that the driver is of type #2. If you're a type #1, with enough cash to buy an Aston a Ferrari or a Bentley, you're a lucky, lucky person.

You are talking about apparent disinterest in illegal street racing. Without editorializing, let's not forget Type #3, who may be just as good a driver as anyone here but who's definition of "the right time and place" may differ from yours.

Katshot
12-17-05, 11:52 PM
You are talking about apparent disinterest in illegal street racing. Without editorializing, let's not forget Type #3, who may be just as good a driver as anyone here but who's definition of "the right time and place" may differ from yours.

Fair enough, but that would be characterized by the guy that doesn't even try. I think we were mainly talking about guys that try but fail miserably because they have no skills in the driver's seat.

obzidian
12-18-05, 05:58 AM
No way I work behind the falls at R & S.

We use you guys dont we?

87 ave and 129 Terr.

56th st -> US1 on the palmetto is priceless.

Hey, by any chance....did you get your V from Fahd at Braman? Thats who sold me the V and he's always talking about a Danny with a raven blk V with a corsa....

Hmm...anyways, which one of you guys did i see on the beach causeway headed inland (west) about a week ago? It was night time, you pulled up, and later zoomed off with your corsa trailering off...

so, if you guys meet, let me know....I'm in this car club, SSP, and that would be sweet to have other V'z join, though i know there is another Blk V in the group already....

dannystang
12-18-05, 03:07 PM
Hey, by any chance....did you get your V from Fahd at Braman? Thats who sold me the V and he's always talking about a Danny with a raven blk V with a corsa....

Hmm...anyways, which one of you guys did i see on the beach causeway headed inland (west) about a week ago? It was night time, you pulled up, and later zoomed off with your corsa trailering off...

so, if you guys meet, let me know....I'm in this car club, SSP, and that would be sweet to have other V'z join, though i know there is another Blk V in the group already....

Nope Silver...The faster Color.

I know of a Silver guy in Doral, A Black with a blower up north, a Blue who also lives in pincrest and goes to the outback alot behind the falls.

Oh and some guy in a silver who pulled me over in pinecrest with his son to ask me what kinda exhaust I had.

obzidian
12-19-05, 02:36 PM
the black, had the blower installed at vera?

I did see a silver with a great exhuast tone...i think it was a b&b though i have never heard one in person...know the guy. This was in the brickell area......

dannystang
12-20-05, 12:34 PM
Theres 2 Black at Vera.

Marcos and the OneBadCad Guy.

Which reminds me if your gonna do any work go see Jamie hes the best place you can go to down here.

Whered the other miami guy who works behind the falls go I want a lunch run

alcast082
12-20-05, 04:10 PM
i'm here, I stopped looking at this thread,. i'm going on a food run so i'll see if your working

MCaesar
12-21-05, 10:05 AM
CTS-V 1, Magnum SRT8 0

hemiX2
LX Newbie
Trader Rating: (0) Join Date: Jan 2005

Run in with CTS-V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While driving on the interstate today, I had a run in with a Caddy CTS-V.
I had just merged onto the highway and moved to the middle lane. I was cruising at around 55 and was looking to move into the fast lane when a CTS-V pulled up along side of me and stayed there. It was a beautiful black car with black tinted windows, blacked out tails and 20 inch black rims. It was obvious to me that he wanted to play, because he was doing around 70mph in the fast lane, but slowed down right along side of me. I resisted the urge to slam the pedal to the floor and just continued cruising along side of him admiring his car. I couldn't see inside of the Caddy because of the black tinted windows on his car ( as well as the ones on my MSRT). We were driving along side of each other for about 20 seconds, waiting for the other to flinch. Finally, he punched it, moved over to the middle lane in front of me, then started to slow down. He was daring me! Now, I don't normally approve of racing on interstates, but I just couldn't resist. He was a few car lengths in front of me, but slowing down to around 50. I moved in to close the gap and to let him know I was in the mood to take his dare. As I approached him, he puched it! He was waiting for me to take the bait.....and I did. I nailed it a split second later and my srt tranny hit an awesome sweet spot. I was expecting to close on him, but to my suprise, he was pulling away! What started as a car length and a half was almost immediately a 3 or 4 car length advantage for him. Man, this car was quick! It wasn't until around 75 mph that I started to close on him, but I started closing fast! At first i thought he had let off, but there was no traffic ahead and his car was still roaring. As we approached 90 mph, I moved in the fast lane and pulled up along side of him. I am sure he wasn't expecting that!
I had always wondered how our srt cars would fare in a match up with one of these Caddys and now I know.
Man, these cars are quick.If this was a race from 0 to 60, I have no doubt he would have won, but ther is NO WAY he could win in the 1/4 mile.
All I can say is ....Beware. If you run into to one of these cars, make sure you have enough room to run.......You'll eat 'em up every time.
Long live the Hemi!!!

I guess he should have had a stick!

Actually on a roll the V is very tough to beat. No wheel hop to worry about just LS6 power.

DrivingAmericanNow
12-21-05, 10:43 AM
CTS-V 1, Magnum SRT8 0

I guess he should have had a stick!

Actually on a roll the V is very tough to beat. No wheel hop to worry about just LS6 power.

Something about the SRT8 story doesn't sound right. First, I'm surprized the V opened up such a lead so quickly. Second, I can't believe the SRT8 would have caught the V "up high" where the V really shines.

If I were to guess, I'd say the V wasn't stock, maybe a Maggie, and he let off the accellerator to let the SRT8 catch him up high. The story just doesn't fit expectations otherwise.

MCaesar
12-21-05, 11:08 AM
I think you may be right.

However, if you catch the SRT8 in the wrong gear many slower cars will pull away. That is the problem with an automatic. Once it hits 4500rpm it takes off but by then the race could be lost.

Barring that, it is most likely it was a blown V and he did indeed let off the gas to let the Magnum think he was still in it.

dannystang
12-21-05, 11:30 AM
i'm here, I stopped looking at this thread,. i'm going on a food run so i'll see if your working

10:30 am Wednesday here all day waiting for company lunch...

nice cold day :)

alcindus
12-21-05, 03:34 PM
I also pulled a c-6 from a 70 mph roll on... turned out to be my neighbor:)
The vett owner was not happy:)

also,,, have raced several srt4 s at the street races, they pull pretty good to about 115mph after that the V....eats them for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCaesar
12-21-05, 09:03 PM
I also pulled a c-6 from a 70 mph roll on... turned out to be my neighbor:)
The vett owner was not happy:)

also,,, have raced several srt4 s at the street races, they pull pretty good to about 115mph after that the V....eats them for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LS6 in your V?

Luna.
12-21-05, 10:08 PM
Something about the SRT8 story doesn't sound right.

Completely agree.

If I understand correctly, the V opened up a 3-4 length lead from ~50-75 then the SRT-8 closes that lead from 75-90?

:histeric:

Umm--NO WAY...not if the V was stock...

There seems little doubt that the V was modded (maggie seems reasonable here) and let off on the gas; that is the only way that story works.