: I think my starter is going? Please advise?

chris7469
12-15-05, 08:23 PM
I went to start my 02 Escalade tonight and it did not start right away. The key went forward and it started to click. After the thrid time it started and everything worked fine.

My wife just told me that this has been happening recently. We have 48,000 miles on the Truck. Could it be anything else than the starter?

Any and all comments are appreciated. You can email me direct at chrismathews74@hotmail.com

Has anyone had to replace their starter? What should it cost? Should I also replace the battery?

Thanks. CM

slk230mb
12-15-05, 09:52 PM
Were the lights flickering while trying to start? Could be that the battery is dead. Check the positive terminal for corrosion. My battery went right around 50k, which seems to be the life span of these batteries. When mine went it had a dead cell and would start the truck when it felt like it. Watch the volt meter when you're trying to start the truck, if the needle bounces around I would replace the battery first.

Rolex
12-15-05, 10:09 PM
I agree with SLK. Cold weather can zap car batteries pretty hard. Any drop in the batteries performance could cause such problems.