: My new kitchen!

LittleB
12-15-05, 06:48 PM
Here are some pics! The only thing left to do is paint and put up the crown molding....I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN0872.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN0871.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN0876.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN0875.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN0874.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/DSCN0873.jpg

ben72227
12-15-05, 06:52 PM
Any BEFORE pictures???:D

urbanski
12-15-05, 06:54 PM
DANG
freakin nice

slk230mb
12-15-05, 06:54 PM
Nice, I like the stainless appliances. My parents are redoing the whole house and the kitchen/dining/living area is under construction now. They installed the insulation today and the sheet rock goes in next week.

Rolex
12-15-05, 06:59 PM
Granite countertops, built in wine rack, glass front cabinets, stainless appliances.....very nice!! :D

I think your builder shorted you some plug covers though. :p

LittleB
12-15-05, 07:01 PM
Sorry! The dumbest thing I did was forget to take BEFORE pics...but it was basically an all white kitchen, with only cabinets on ONE wall (how dumb is that) it wasn't at all updated. Everything you see there is compeltely 100% brand new. We also cut down half of a wall to make that breakfast nook/bar area...

Nice, I like the stainless appliances. My parents are redoing the whole house and the kitchen/dining/living area is under construction now. They installed the insulation today and the sheet rock goes in next week.

That sounds like us! Now our living room and dining room are under construction too, my boyfriend is re-doing our texture at the moment. I can't wait til our house is back together LOL

LittleB
12-15-05, 07:02 PM
Granite countertops, built in wine rack, glass front cabinets, stainless appliances.....very nice!! :D

I think your builder shorted you some plug covers though. :p

LOL!!! Yeah he came back the next day!

SpeedyArizona
12-15-05, 07:04 PM
Very nice, I like the alcohol tipper. Is that tequila or rum, I can't exactly tell. What type of cabinets are those? I'm going to find a picture of my kitchen!

LittleB
12-15-05, 07:08 PM
Rum! Notice how all the bottles are empty LOL.....

powerglide
12-15-05, 07:22 PM
Sweet!
Congrats....I recall seeing your initial pictures where you were guttin it.

LittleB
12-15-05, 07:30 PM
Yeah the pics from before were about halfway through I think...no countertops or tile etc. Just the cabinets. I am so mad I didn't take before pics....you would be amazed. It was the worlds worst kitchen before...nothing in it, very old, not updated, closed in like a bedroom...very weird-BUT NOW we need to be on MTV's cribs! j/k LOL

Boombotz
12-15-05, 07:55 PM
It looks great!!!!! Are we all invited for dinner!!!

LittleB
12-15-05, 07:57 PM
If you pay for your flight out here...sure!!!! :D

Boombotz
12-15-05, 08:04 PM
All right we will remember that, and don't go buying some restaurant food and throwing it in the oven like you cooked it!:histeric: I expect real home cooked food when I fly in!

LittleB
12-15-05, 08:05 PM
You fly out and you will get 100% home cooked food!!! I'll even let you guys watch out 50" Panasonic Plasma TV with HD built in.... :D

Boombotz
12-15-05, 08:08 PM
Cool. Right now we have a 61" big screen we have decided when it dies to go Plasma or with DLP.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-15-05, 08:09 PM
wow littleB that looks really really nice!

LittleB
12-15-05, 08:10 PM
Cool. Right now we have a 61" big screen we have decided when it dies to go Plasma or with DLP.

WOW!!!! 61" yikes!! :thumbsup:

LittleB
12-15-05, 08:17 PM
wow littleB that looks really really nice!
Thanks! :D

caddydaddy
12-15-05, 08:46 PM
Yeah, that is an awesome looking kitchen! I'd ruin it by washing greasy Cadillac parts in the sink and dishwasher. So, maybe you shouldn't invite me over! :)

johndfw
12-15-05, 09:37 PM
Really nice. Love the window.

Enjoy

iametarq
12-15-05, 09:45 PM
I think your kitchen is as big as my house i rent. :histeric: but i live alone. :) home ownership comes next year maybe. very nice!!

LittleB
12-15-05, 09:47 PM
Thanks everyone!! Yep home ownership is so awesome! Definitely something to be proud of...good luck!

Sandy
12-15-05, 11:26 PM
Very very nice, L.B. Who lives there besides you ?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-15-05, 11:28 PM
I wish I could have my own home at 19...... :(

Kev
12-15-05, 11:31 PM
Very very nice, L.B. Who lives there besides you ?Killer.

Kev
12-15-05, 11:33 PM
I like the bullnosing on the walls. Are you doing that to the rest of the house too?

Playdrv4me
12-16-05, 02:30 AM

Plasma... no question. I have a 37 inch Sony (Fujitsu) and I love it. Fujitsu makes the best Plasmas, followed by Panasonic. The Sound Advice store on Dale Mabry has some really nice ones, and they are the same company as Electronic Interiors at the International Mall which also has some great TVs.

DLP is almost there, but better for a Front projection system with a retractable screen than a rear projection set.

FSU_Noles
12-16-05, 09:54 AM
Nice looking kitchen, you do however appear to have an unfortunate view of a Ford through it though.

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 10:35 AM
Hi Little B,
Stunning looking kitchen!!:yup:
I've built 4 homes in my life time. I love the process involved. I make it a point to watch HGTV every night. So it natural for me to look at the details. I was gonna ask you if the counter top was Corian, marble or granite. Do you plan to put hardware on your cabinets or leave them plain and lastly about your floor covering. Some of the new products can really fool you but is the floor tile or vinyl? Did you do any of the work? Nosey I know but that stuff really interest me!
Bob

LittleB
12-16-05, 01:15 PM
Very very nice, L.B. Who lives there besides you ?
Just me and my boyfriend :D

I like the bullnosing on the walls. Are you doing that to the rest of the house too?
Yep, rounded corners everywhere (if that's what you mean)

Hi Little B,
Stunning looking kitchen!!:yup:
I've built 4 homes in my life time. I love the process involved. I make it a point to watch HGTV every night. So it natural for me to look at the details. I was gonna ask you if the counter top was Corian, marble or granite. Do you plan to put hardware on your cabinets or leave them plain and lastly about your floor covering. Some of the new products can really fool you but is the floor tile or vinyl? Did you do any of the work? Nosey I know but that stuff really interest me!
Bob

The countertop is granite, we are not putting hardware on the cabinets, and the floor is tile. Unfortunately I wasn't able to help much...besides cleaning and handing them tools every once and a while. I was there for moral support though!! :bouncy:

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 01:59 PM
Nice work! Its a very professional job.

I have built houses for myself, and I always planned a dinging area within the kitcehn, you have been able to do that by opening ip the wall, it gives a fantastic informal feel, but I always kept a seperate dining room, this isnt available to alot of people though, but it is nice for formal occasions.

I currently have three rooms under renovation, the sun lounge (is getting a new floor and we are opening a fireplace in the chimney stack that has a fire on the other side into the tdining room, so we will have a fire place you can sit in the sunlounge and see straigh into the dining room with.

Also the guest suite (one of two bedrooms and bath) are being redecorated.

LittleB
12-16-05, 02:07 PM
Sounds awesome mccombie! Yeah I said once how I loved breakfast nooks, and my boyfriend said "then I'll make you one" (AWWWWWW!) so we can eat there and we also have a seperate dining room.

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 02:10 PM
Its great to have the option of two places to eat! We also have a table and chairs in the conservatory for the sumemr months, and one outside.

The thing with a "nook" as calle din the states is that it adds value to your house, if you have a nook and a dining room, as well as a sizeable kitchen its great for property value, peopel like to be able to particpate in the events whilst they cook.

LittleB
12-16-05, 02:11 PM
exactly :thumbsup: it also just really opened up the house!

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 02:14 PM
Our latest remodel was in the bathroom. We replaced the aluminum framed glass shower with the new frameless clear glass type. I love it. It makes the room appear larger and while in the shower it to see everything in the room. Some of the bath tub showers with shower curtains make you feel claustrophobic.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/Brown_Shower.jpg

LittleB
12-16-05, 02:19 PM
WOW that is beautiful!

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 02:33 PM
WOW that is beautiful!

Now me and the wife argue about who's gonna squeegie the shower. Yep, a family that showers together, stays together. I does add something to the morning showers.:rolleyes:

LittleB
12-16-05, 02:39 PM
LOL!!! Yes, showering together is good for the relationship!

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 02:58 PM
LOL!!! Yes, showering together is good for the relationship!

Yep, I'll scrub your back and I'll scrub yours.:p

So be the house remodeling is contagious. What's the next project?:hmm:

LittleB
12-16-05, 03:09 PM
Well thank god the worst part is almost over. He has already finished changing the texture on the house to "old spanish", and now we are painting. We already primered all of it, and did 2 coats on the ceiling. Today we are doing 2 coats on the walls....then we can finally clean up and put the house back together. We have one room that we will still be working on, which is our office. The wood floors need to be refinished, and we are closing off the closet (because it used to be a bedroom, but we've opened it up and put in a sliding glass door to the backyard). Hard to explain if you can't see it, but basically the worst is over. Later on in the future we are going to do an addition (a huge master bedroom and bath), we also need to put new grass in the backyard.

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 03:19 PM
Well thank god the worst part is almost over. He has already finished changing the texture on the house to "old spanish", and now we are painting. We already primered all of it, and did 2 coats on the ceiling. Today we are doing 2 coats on the walls....then we can finally clean up and put the house back together. We have one room that we will still be working on, which is our office. The wood floors need to be refinished, and we are closing off the closet (because it used to be a bedroom, but we've opened it up and put in a sliding glass door to the backyard). Hard to explain if you can't see it, but basically the worst is over. Later on in the future we are going to do an addition (a huge master bedroom and bath), we also need to put new grass in the backyard.

I refinished a wood floor. I rented one of those large walk behind disk sanders and some hand orbital sanders for the corners. Lots of dust involved.
I used paint rollers to apply the clear poly finish. It's a dirty DIY but you guys can save some bucks and do it yourself.

LittleB
12-16-05, 03:24 PM
Well we have a friend that does it, he already did the floors on the rest of the house for a very good price. It is so great, we didn't pay full price for anything in our kitchen, or for any of the work LOL, we have the hook up on almost everything!

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 03:43 PM
I have tackled alot of projects with this house, being as its old it needed alot of work (and more rooms adding) before we could live here.
This is what the Master guest room and guest suite bathroom looked like last time my relatives were here, they stayed there and took pictures of some of the rooms to show the folks back home what our house was like.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/Guestbed.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Car%20Pictures%20-and%20other%20random%20crap%20i%20need%20to%20host/Guestbath.jpg
The crimson wall in the bedroom is going to be brown, and the white painted wall in the bathroom is going to be pale green. Thats pretty much the extent of the work in these rooms, they need freshening up a bit.
The sun room wasnt there when they were here though :)

LittleB
12-16-05, 03:44 PM
OMG how charming!!!!!! I love rooms with character like that (like the slanted ceiling) UGHHH I am jealous! It's beautiful!

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 03:50 PM
OMG how charming!!!!!! I love rooms with character like that (like the slanted ceiling) UGHHH I am jealous! It's beautiful!

Thanks, mainly to my wife!

Those rooms are a small portion of the attic. We have very high attics in this house, because of its age, so we planned it into the design that we would have rooms up there. It was originally intended as a pair of offices and a bathroom, but we both decided that we could make more use of it as a guest area, since we both like to have our offices on the ground floor.

The bedroom in that photo has the nicest feeling carpet ever!

LittleB
12-16-05, 03:55 PM
Well good job, it looks so cozy!

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 03:57 PM
Thanks, mainly to my wife!

Those rooms are a small portion of the attic. We have very high attics in this house, because of its age, so we planned it into the design that we would have rooms up there. It was originally intended as a pair of offices and a bathroom, but we both decided that we could make more use of it as a guest area, since we both like to have our offices on the ground floor.

The bedroom in that photo has the nicest feeling carpet ever!

All of my homes have been new. But I love to see century old homes restored or remodeled. HGTV has a couple of shows about home restorations. I'd love to try it.

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 03:59 PM
Its very cozy, it doesnt feel right wasting it as an office, these rooms are great bedrooms.

If you notice the bedroom, on the right is a low wall, on the other side of it are the stairs down to the upstairs landing, on the other side of the stairs there WAS a wall like that, but when we made them into bedrooms we decided to put a full wall there to make it private from the master guest (shown), it still isnt ideal because the second bedroom and bathroom can still only ba accessed by going through the main one, but it works well.

We really liek those rooms. They took some other pictures of some of the other rooms, theyre all on a disc, I'll look for it, I only took those two off so we could print them and take them to the interior designer.

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 04:03 PM
All of my homes have been new. But I love to see century old homes restored or remodeled. HGTV has a couple of shows about home restorations. I'd love to try it.

This one we have now is part new, and part an 1800s farm.

When we got the place it was all derelict.

There was the house, with a barn directly opposite, making a two sided courtyard, then two other barns further away, and some stables

we joined the house and first barn with a new eight room extension, over two floors, to make the hosue U shaped, then converted one barn into a house, the other is just a barn, then we have added bits to the main house every year, the biggest since the initial building is a four car garage added in 1994.

Two more four car garages are under construction further away from the house.

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 04:16 PM
This one we have now is part new, and part an 1800s farm.

When we got the place it was all derelict.

There was the house, with a barn directly opposite, making a two sided courtyard, then two other barns further away, and some stables

we joined the house and first barn with a new eight room extension, over two floors, to make the hosue U shaped, then converted one barn into a house, the other is just a barn, then we have added bits to the main house every year, the biggest since the initial building is a four car garage added in 1994.

Two more four car garages are under construction further away from the house.

I've seen some beautiful barn to home conversions. Lovely slate gambrel roofs. 12' and higher ceilings. Huge exposed hand huned beams. High lofts over looking the lower floors. I saw the neatest conversion of a water driven grisk mill converted into a home. The huge water wheel was kept operative and the sound of the water could be heard in the home. I wish I was 20 years younger and filthy rich.

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 04:22 PM
I've seen some beautiful barn to home conversions. Lovely slate gambrel roofs. 12' and higher ceilings. Huge exposed hand huned beams. High lofts over looking the lower floors. I saw the neatest conversion of a water driven grisk mill converted into a home. The huge water wheel was kept operative and the sound of the water could be heard in the home. I wish I was 20 years younger and filthy rich.

LOL

The one we have is unfurnished, its a beautiful four bedroom three bathroom family home barn conversion, but its too close to our own house for comfort. We could let it, but we dont want anyone so close to use, sharing the driveway etc.

We were thinking about letting my older son and his girlfriend live there, but it would need new furniture, and im not sure my son and the girl would want to live so close to "mom and dad".

It is an expensive job, but iit was a damnsight cheaper for us, i did the design work myself, and most of the finsihing i did myself for all of them, its very rare i pay someone to do any work for me, I can do it myself.

We just get issues with planning authorities, we plan to build a second driveway from the main road for the other barn, and we already planted some privet hedging, its at about five feet in height right now, maybe when thats taller and we get permission to put in the driveway we might be able to let it, but for now we value our privacy..

RobertCTS
12-16-05, 04:28 PM
LOL

The one we have is unfurnished, its a beautiful four bedroom three bathroom family home barn conversion, but its too close to our own house for comfort. We could let it, but we dont want anyone so close to use, sharing the driveway etc.

We were thinking about letting my older son and his girlfriend live there, but it would need new furniture, and im not sure my son and the girl would want to live so close to "mom and dad".

It is an expensive job, but iit was a damnsight cheaper for us, i did the design work myself, and most of the finsihing i did myself for all of them, its very rare i pay someone to do any work for me, I can do it myself.

We just get issues with planning authorities, we plan to build a second driveway from the main road for the other barn, and we already planted some privet hedging, its at about five feet in height right now, maybe when thats taller and we get permission to put in the driveway we might be able to let it, but for now we value our privacy..

In England do you have all of those friggin' inspectors? Electrical inspector, plumbing inspector, building inspector, well water testing, leach bed inspections, etc. It really slows us down as you can't continue until they inspect and approve. Any screw ups then you fix it and wait for them to come back and re-inspect!:annoyed:

mccombie_5
12-16-05, 04:32 PM
In England do you have all of those friggin' inspectors? Electrical inspector, plumbing inspector, building inspector, well water testing, leach bed inspections, etc. It really slows us down as you can't continue until they inspect and approve. Any screw ups then you fix it and wait for them to come back and re-inspect!:annoyed:

It isnt as bad as it is there, but yes we get that sort of thing, we have alot of dificulties staying on track with projects with work because of that. Less so in personal homes, but a planning authority will come over and check you are doing work to plan, particularly in new extenstions to lsited properties.

It annoys the hell out of me, it really does.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-16-05, 06:47 PM
So you're a bad girl who cooks.
It gets better!

LittleB
12-16-05, 07:16 PM
Oh hunny trust, it gets WAY better than just that :thumbsup: :sneaky: