: Finally I found and 06 in the area

Kadonny
12-15-05, 02:50 PM
Been searching for weeks now, and finally I find one at a local dealer through the GM website. So I decide to go for a drive this morning. They had it on the showroom floor. Infared V clean as a whislte. Start talking V with the sales guy, he is very knowledgable about the V (a huge plus), we talked for at least 20 minutes or so about the car and he says, "so you want to drive it?"

I was like :worship: . He proceeds to pull it off the floor, gets out of the car and says "see ya in a bit". I said "you are not coming with me?" He says "Nah, have fun. Once again I say :worship: :worship:

It was a shame it is flurrying here today so the roads are just a bit slick and I really could not get on it full throttle, but I did manage to get the backend swaying even with the TC on :cool2:

Anyway, I did get a feel for the power behind it as I have been yearning to feel for the past 3 months, awesome! I tell you that car is almost loud enough with the stock exhaust, I really wonder what the Corsa or B&B or mangaflow will do :bouncy:

My only negative to the car was the front leg room (as I had feared). I like my clutching leg to be almost straight with the clutch depressed and the V did not get me that far back in the seat. I did raise the front of the seat and found a comfortable position, I just hope I can live with that.

The LS2 felt strong and I got a special V brochure that has all the V cars in it. I will tell you that in the brochure it still lists 0-60 at 4.6 seconds, not 4.9.

Salesman tells me they have sold many many Vs and the service department is top notch, says a lady had them install a Corsa on an 05 recently and put in the cags skip so it seems they are knowlegeable about mods too ;)

So do I pull the trigger and order the beast? Stealth Gray with black interior will be the ticket, I hear the Gray is the fastest.

lawfive
12-15-05, 03:00 PM
Yep. Pull the trigger. I bought mine new, MSRP, and have no regrets. There's nothing quite like a virgin

car.

Be the V.

benh
12-15-05, 03:02 PM
Pull the trigger, you will not be disappointed! The Stealth Grey is a good color, and not many around; some dont like it, but I love it. Good luck!

heavymetals
12-15-05, 03:04 PM
WHOO HOO.

Your gonna have big fun on dry pavement.

Wait till you get bitten by the mod bug...

:histeric: :histeric:

roadracerx72
12-15-05, 03:11 PM
So do I pull the trigger and order the beast? Stealth Gray with black interior will be the ticket, I hear the Gray is the fastest.

That is why I bought my Stealth Gray... because it is the fastest :shhh: .

You all ready drove it, you almost have to buy it now, you will never be able to live with yourself if you don't.

OldRoadDawg
12-15-05, 04:11 PM
Absolutely . . . pull the trigger. Of course if it's anything outside your home like it is mine right now, there's 6 inches of new snow on the ground and still coming down, so they'll have to deliver it to you by tow truck or have a couple snowmobiles tow you home.

Kadonny
12-15-05, 04:58 PM
Absolutely . . . pull the trigger. Of course if it's anything outside your home like it is mine right now, there's 6 inches of new snow on the ground and still coming down, so they'll have to deliver it to you by tow truck or have a couple snowmobiles tow you home.

:D Yeah, snow snow everywhere.

Anyway, I will be ordering the car, so probably a Feb/March delivery.

GT04CTS-V
12-15-05, 07:33 PM
:D Yeah, snow snow everywhere.

Anyway, I will be ordering the car, so probably a Feb/March delivery.

Now you're done. You'll be a V-aholic like the rest of us. Doomed!:ill:

GT