: 2005 srx 4.6 v8 exhaust and air change

DOUG REDDING
12-15-05, 02:23 PM
hi all you cad owners. im here to report ive purchased the FIRST corsa exhaust system for the v8 will also install the volant air intake system also,sooooooooooo ill keep you informed on the net performace.:histeric: :highfive:

Package
12-15-05, 03:53 PM
WAHOOOOOOO :banana: :banana:

I have been waiting for the Corsa product for two years !!!!! :banghead: :banghead: I already have the Volant intake and like it. When you get the exhaust installed please post your thoughts (power, sound, approx. cost if possible) as I am 90% sure I will be getting one.

dmc22
12-15-05, 10:03 PM
I was hearing that the exhaust for the srx will be in the new catalog. I'm waiting also for your report.

57TBird
12-19-05, 01:32 PM
How much $ is the Corsa Exhaust, and is it a DIY bolt-on or do you have to have someone weld them on?

I had given up hope of the corsa ever being available and was prepared to go with stainless Magnaflows (which would be basically the same thing).
I have priced the magnaflows at about $200 - $250 for the mufflers, and an extra $50-100 for welding them to the stock pipes and exits. I definitely won't do it if the corsa exhaust is in the $300-400 range (installed).

Thanks.

radioman
12-27-05, 07:30 PM
What's the word re this?

Package
12-28-05, 12:57 AM
Any word ? I will be shocked if the Corsa system comes in under $850 for a cat back. Corsa is a good quality sustem but pricey in my opinion. If you can get Magnaflow mufflers and have them installed for under $400 and money is a top two or three priority, then the Magnaflow mufflers are the way to go. I may end up doing that myself.....

DOUG REDDING
12-29-05, 01:17 PM
hi i will have the corsa system installed 12/30/05 cant wait will let all know. doug

DOUG REDDING
12-29-05, 01:44 PM
the corsa exhaust system is the only one made to be correct fit( two rears w/tips) wise and noise wise. its a slip joint with clamps do it your self kit.the part # for the srx v8 --pn14158.the system is polished stainless, so beautiful i may put them on my mantel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! price around $780.i race cars got a racers shop deal. the new sounds will be heard 12/30/05 keep your ears on.by the way i got the very FIRST sysytem made, guess my persistence paid off.

Package
12-29-05, 04:54 PM
Is the Corsa system just new mufflers with a slip fit for $780 or is it an entire catback system with new over the axle pipes, etc. ? This was a picture I found ?

http://www.partsandaccessories.com/images/performance/corsa/corsa14158.jpg

Package
01-01-06, 02:57 AM
I called Corsa and confirmed this product. This system is only two mufflers. It is not a full cat back system for the $800. That seems high for mufflers only :hmm:

Package
01-09-06, 12:59 PM
I found the Corsa Mufflers part# 14158 from an on line supplier for $740 with free shipping so I made the move and ordered a set last Friday. I was told I should get the mufflers in 7-10 days. More to follow once I get the system on. I hope the money spent is worth it ? At least that is what my wife told me !!!! :thepan: :thepan:

syrob@MSN.COM
01-17-06, 04:08 PM
Here is the site...

http://www.corsaperf.com/srx.htm

http://www.corsaperf.com/installSTSSRX2005_06.pdf

Syrob

DOUG REDDING
01-18-06, 07:42 PM
hi all you cad owners. im here to report ive purchased the FIRST corsa exhaust system for the v8 will also install the volant air intake system also,sooooooooooo ill keep you informed on the net performace.:histeric: :highfive::cool:

:cool: well sports fans the FIRST corsa exhaust has been installed and its every thing they said it is. NO exhaust noise in normal driving. stand on it giving it the gas, a sound comes out the likes ive never heard and ive owned v12 ferraris to muscle cars. gas mil. on first trip, get ready, 27 mpg at 70-75 mph. ive now installed the volant cool air box, taking a 1000 mile trip tonight, stay tuned.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

miked
01-18-06, 10:24 PM
Very interesting info!

Does anyone have any good photos of this installed? Would really like to see a picture.

Also, does anyone know if it would be a problem to install this on a leased car? I don't have a problem with leaving it on when returning the vehicle, but don't want to be charged for making the modification.

syrob@MSN.COM
01-19-06, 07:41 AM
:cool:
...on first trip, get ready, 27 mpg at 70-75 mph. ive now installed the volant cool air box, taking a 1000 mile trip tonight, stay tuned.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

27 mpg ?? Down hill ??, tail wind of 30 mph??

At that speed the normal V8 SRX gets no more than 20-21 mpg that I have seen. The exhaust gives about a 5 hp increase (Corsa factory data). I doubt that 27 mpg at 72.5 mph is a average figure on that car with the Corsa...

SYROB

Kipp
01-19-06, 03:42 PM
27 mpg-:cookoo:

robhersch
01-19-06, 05:47 PM
I would like to see some "before Corsa" and "after Corsa" data, ie type of travel (same course if possible), distance, weather, speeds, etc. I have gotten ~24+ with my 1999 Deville Concours vs ~19-20 with my 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD (before Volant, expect to check after Volant over same LA - Las Vegas route). Think some "devine intervention" needed to get 27....but I surely would like to be convinced that Corsa did it !! Thanks for your report.

RTT
01-19-06, 11:22 PM
:cool:

:cool: on first trip, get ready, 27 mpg at 70-75 mph. ive now installed the volant cool air box, taking a 1000 mile trip tonight, stay tuned.:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

:wtf: oh that's right, it's a joke.:getaway:

Package
01-20-06, 03:39 PM
I picked up the ride last night after the Corsa install. The sound is almost perfect for me. ZERO interior ressonance and just enough noise level to hear a nice rumble out the back. I stepped into it a few times coming into work and it takes on a more "higher pitched/raspy" tone under hard acceleration. Maybe it is just my imagination but my Volant does not seem to be as loud now when under heavier acceleration ? :cool2: :cool2:

The quality is top shelf and the mufflers give the rear under carriage somewhat of a nice look. The tips are a nice slash cut with rolled edges. The only negative is, for me, the tips are a little to big. They fit well into the cutouts under the rear bumper but they look a little to "fart can" for my tastes, but not bad. I will take some pictures as soon as I can and try to post them....

da_thrilla
01-20-06, 08:57 PM
this may be too far fetched, but could ne one record the sound, on idle and high revs with the corsa? id love to hear it, before i buy it, since i live in europe, its a big investment...thatll be real kool...

robhersch
01-20-06, 11:30 PM
To Package: I had more intake noise than I liked with Volant CAI on my SRX(05 N*V8); but I then "isolated" the "box" with ~ 1/2" rubber washers between the box mounting flanges and the auto body to reduce/ eliminate structure-borne noise; result is about the same as OEM unless you really stand on it, then you get the "air noise". Cost ~ $1.00 & 15 minutes to do; it's much better for me, hope it works for you

radioman
01-22-06, 07:38 PM
Where online to order the system not at retail? There is one on ebay for less than $800. but with 23 bad feedbacks in the last twelve months its not worth the risk. I do a web search, not much comes up.
Thanks guys

radioman

Package
01-24-06, 01:23 PM
Try this link.....

http://www.partsandaccessories.com/discount_parts/p_mmp~cadillac~srx~exhaust_system.html?paaccid=H11 30345204W435fb2f40beb1&paackwd=Cadillac+SRX+Exhaust+System

57TBird
01-24-06, 05:09 PM
I'm going to install these in the spring.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=585

I really like the way they sound on a DOHC ford 4.6L (musclecar-like idle that's quiet until you open them up, with minimal rasp or 'can of bees' sound), which can't be too different than the SRX engine.
Also, they are oval, not round, so they should tuck up under nicely, visible only from a low angle at the rear.

Once installed, I'll take pictures, and audio of how they sound, plus what I paid to get them welded up to the stock exhaust pipe and tips. I'm expecting to do it for < $500.

dmc22
01-26-06, 01:17 AM
Has anyone checked with Corsa or cadillac to see if the 05 Corsa exhaust system for the v8 srx will fit on the 04 srx v8

GordonM
01-26-06, 12:26 PM
Corsa said the exhaust will also fit the 04 SRX. I got mine yesterday for my 04. They are a real work of art and quality. Install this weekend along with a trailer hitch (Hidden Hitch). Might as well do the hitch too while the stock mufflers are cut out.

G.

GordonM
01-28-06, 06:35 PM
I performed the Corsa installation myself this morning, very straight forward. Used a pipe chain cutter to cut the stock mufflers out. Only tool needed that some may not have is a torque wrench to cinch up the clamps to 45 ft lbs. Everything fit and lined up with little need to readjust things.

Sound is a very nice deep V8 sound. There is no cabin noise at idle or cruise until you accelerate or put a load on the engine, then you can here a faint rumble in the back. Really step on it and the sound increases dramatically, but not too out of hand for my taste. You can feel some additional power in acceleration as the exhaust system flows better now. I am also still running a K&N air filter which also flows better than the stock filters.

For comparison I have a 37 Ford big block street rod with a Flowmaster exhaust system that is very loud all the time, I had to put a 400 watt stereo in just to compete with the exhaust. Not very practical for long cruises. The Corsa exhaust is not even close to the noise this behemoth makes.

Here are some pictures. Corsa mufflers are not much bigger than the stock ones.

Worth it...Yes for me!!!

Gordon

syrob@MSN.COM
01-29-06, 06:43 PM
Wish they made a full cat back system. This muffler swap is only good for 5 hp according to Corsa, not worth the extra noise considering that 5 hp is not going to be noticeable in acceleration…

SYROB

da_thrilla
01-30-06, 07:00 AM
Would this work with a 05 V6?

Package
01-30-06, 12:44 PM
GordonM, are those chromed rims on your SRX ? They flow nicely with the Corsa exhaust. I am trying to decide on what rim to go with, where did you get yours ? The rims are the final piece to my puzzle and I am getting tired of the constant searching. Thanks for any info you can provide....

dmc22
01-30-06, 02:50 PM
Has anyone found a better price than the 768 at parts and accessories. The guy from Corsa exhaust quoted me a price of 955.

GordonM
01-30-06, 09:49 PM
A full cat back exhaust would have been better with a real X pipe instead of the GM interpretation. The price would double though. Combine the K&N air cleaner with the Corsa and you do notice an improvement in acceleration.

The Corsa mufflers are not made for the V6 SRX.

Package: The wheels are chrome plated OEM wheels along with chrome plated plastic inserts. The car came from the dealer with the chrome wheels although not a GM option, but a dealer option. They put plated wheels on just about all the SRXs they sold. They dealt with a local company Trimline in Reno NV who did an exchange with the stock wheels and sent them out for plating. I had to get the plastic inserts replaced once as the plating fell off the plastic. You can probably find them on Ebay too.

Gordon

radioman
01-31-06, 12:50 AM
Does K&N now make a filter for the V8 SRX, or did you rig something up yourself?

thanks

Radioman

dallas_cts
01-31-06, 01:47 AM
Does K&N now make a filter for the V8 SRX, or did you rig something up yourself?

thanks

Radioman

What he said.

syrob@MSN.COM
01-31-06, 08:11 AM
Combine the K&N air cleaner with the Corsa and you do notice an improvement in acceleration.
Gordon

How much faster? The Corsa tech said 5 Hp more, 1.5% more than stock. 0-60 6.5 sec vs 6.6 sec ? Any way its not that simple, torque is even more important and often there is a reduction at critical RPM (with hp more peaky and higher), so sometimes there is a increase in real 0-60 times. Would love to see some real world data with Corsa on 0-60 (never will happen) ...

SYROB

Package
01-31-06, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the rim info. I have seen a few companies doing the exchange thing on Ebay. I have been torn between going with a set of 20's or getting a set of the stock rims chromed....

dmc22
01-31-06, 04:05 PM
The 20's look good. They change the profile of the car

Package
02-02-06, 12:45 PM
I think if I wiaver one more time on my rim choice, 20's, no stock chromies, no 20's, no stock chromies I think I will just drive off a bridge somewhere.... :horse: :horse:

A side note about the Corsa's, after a week or so of driving you should check the "tightness" of the system. I had to re-torque the bolts on the clamps as they came a little loose and I was getting some "jingling" noises. Just an FYI....

King of Clubs
02-12-06, 01:53 PM
Okay, for those who just did the Corsa upgrade, is there a gas mileage improvement. (Hard to believe the 27mpg claim).

BANK
02-12-06, 07:23 PM
I had some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket and ordered a Volant CAI. We'll see what's up when it gets here.

radioman
03-05-06, 01:33 AM
Well I finally popped for it and installed the Corsa system on my 2005 SRX. Sounds absolutely bitchin' and glad I did it. Will monitor fuel mileage.
Quality is super, and install not hard to do; they recommend a chain type tailpipe cutter, but would not work; had to use my cutoff tool---stainless pipes.
Took about two hours total.

radioman

radioman
03-11-06, 11:43 PM
I also just put on a set of Hawk brake pads on the front (not available for rear, why?) and can tell everyone that it is a big improvement in stopping power. The stock pads are crap. Soft and mushy.

radioman

dmc22
03-21-06, 03:23 PM
Good move getting the exhaust then. I wanted to see if the price would come down any further and both companies increased the price from 750 to 950.

dmc22
05-11-06, 11:54 AM
The prices did go down. It is a really is a nice sound at idle and accelerating. I have noticed a small increase in power. The gas pedal is more responsive so its easier to cruise. ( gas prices too high to hot rod)

Gerasimos
06-16-06, 09:12 AM
I noticed that several people are changing their exhaust on the Srx. Does anyone still have or want to sell their old factory srx chrome exhaust tips. I need one and the part cannot be purchased new. I do not want to convert to the Corsa system.

jgn
06-21-06, 05:23 PM
I noticed that several people are changing their exhaust on the Srx. Does anyone still have or want to sell their old factory srx chrome exhaust tips. I need one and the part cannot be purchased new. I do not want to convert to the Corsa system.

The exhaust is all one piece, all the way to the engine. About $1500.

c5 rv
06-21-06, 07:45 PM

Many auto parts stores carry aftermarket exhaust tips. Also, you may be able to pick up a full stock exhaust from another member who is installing an aftermarket system. In the CTS world, the going rate for a used stock CTS-V exhaust for use on a CTS 3.6 is about $75 - $100. Be prepared to pick it up with a fullsize pickup or a utility trailer and a friend because, as said earlier, it is one piece - both sides, from just behind the engine to the chrome tips.

Gerasimos
06-29-06, 11:55 PM
Thaks exactly what I would like, an old stock exhaust system from someone installing an upgrade!