: Lamest gift you ever got?

Jesda
12-15-05, 09:05 AM
I was thinking about past birthdays and holidays, and remembered some crummy gifts I received (because I requested them). For my fourteenth birthday, I asked for and received a copy of Simcity 2000, an in-depth SC2000 player's guide, an Amy Grant CD, and.... wait for it...
IBM's OS/2 Warp 3 [with Win-OS/2! oooh!].

What kind of crazy teenager asks for OS/2 Warp? Sure, it stable and quick and such, but the hardware compatbility was a nightmare; I almost replaced everything in the system to get it going. At the end of it I was basically using OS/2 as a shell to run Windows programs.

I should have just asked for a new stereo.

tru504187211
12-15-05, 09:53 AM
A paperweight in the shape of an egg with one flat end...its made of marble, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I'm nearly paperless...what were they thinking?!?!

Kev
12-15-05, 10:15 AM
One can of olives from an aunt.

johndfw
12-15-05, 10:30 AM
Me and my sister and brother got a cup and washcloth from our step grandmother once. I never understood it.

Cheers!

EcSTSatic
12-15-05, 10:39 AM
Underwear when I was about 17 from the little old single lady across the street.

90Brougham350
12-15-05, 11:16 AM
8 pairs of socks. 2 from Grandma, 6 from Mom. Don't know what they were thinking.:bonkers:

gdwriter
12-15-05, 11:32 AM
An iron.

That same Christmas, my parents gave my little sister a stereo. After 20 years, I've stopped bitching about it. But it still stinks.

Does that count as bitching about it?

Sandy
12-15-05, 12:04 PM
When I was 8 years old, I got a leather watch band. I didn't own a watch !

powerglide
12-15-05, 12:46 PM
I remember it clearly.....it was secret santa type deal where we each bring a gift and hand it to Santa Clause.
Then he calls you up and takes a random gift out of the bag and gives it to you.

Before the event, my buddy shows me the gift he brought....a freakin Neil Diamond Record!!
(mind you, we were 14 years old) and we laughed at how lame that was and wanted to see the face of the poor kid who was gonna walk away with it........well you know how this ends.

My turn, sittin on santas lap, and he whips out a flat square gift that was none other than, Neil Freakin Diamond.....

powerglide
12-15-05, 12:48 PM
One can of olives from an aunt.

:histeric:

Your post is hilarious, the one liner followed by your signature icon of an expressioness Kev avatar....

LMAO

EcSTSatic
12-15-05, 01:32 PM
We do gag gifts for the family. This year I'm giving my sister-in-law some "buck lure" in an attractive perfume case. I plan to have the camera ready when she opens it.
"Just a drop behind each ear sis."

LittleB
12-15-05, 01:37 PM
A lump of cole!

RobertCTS
12-15-05, 01:48 PM
A lump of cole!

B,
I did that coal thing to my younger sister who still believed in Santa Claus. She bawled her eyes out. Funny gift gone wrong!:o

powerglide
12-15-05, 01:48 PM
A lump of cole!

Did you really?

you must have been naughty :sneaky:

LittleB
12-15-05, 01:50 PM
Yeah, it was a joke though. It was this little tin box that said "Lump of cole" and there was gum inside that resembled little lumps of cole. It was cute! I was always a good girl ;)

Kev
12-15-05, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it was a joke though. It was this little tin box that said "Lump of cole" and there was gum inside that resembled little lumps of cole. It was cute! I was always a good girl ;)Actually B, I think most of the guys (myself not included) would rather hear that you've been naughty... I'm sure by now you've a pretty good idea how the mind of the average male thinks! :sneaky:

Florian
12-15-05, 03:11 PM
Velveeta block from my sister.

F

LittleB
12-15-05, 03:15 PM
Actually B, I think most of the guys (myself not included) would rather hear that you've been naughty...

Don't lie Kevo!! It's OK to admit that you find me sexually attractive! ;) :D
c'monnnnnn, you can say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure by now you've a pretty good idea how the mind of the average male thinks! :sneaky:

They already know I'm naughty anyway! LOL, I am a good girl, but naughty when it comes to certain things :lildevil:

thu
12-15-05, 03:19 PM
I am a good girl, but naughty when it comes to certain things :lildevil:
But doesn't that make you just plain naughty?

Kev
12-15-05, 03:23 PM
Don't lie Kevo!! It's OK to admit that you find me sexually attractive! ;) :D
c'monnnnnn, you can say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well.... no. I've mentioned it before, you remind me too much of my oldest daughter and I'm just not that kind of guy. :)

Besides, I've got underwear that's older than you! :canttalk:

noahsdad
12-15-05, 03:29 PM
My Uncle gave me 5 bucks for graduation. What a jackass.

Kev
12-15-05, 03:31 PM
My Uncle gave me 5 bucks for graduation. What a jackass.That beats a can of olives!

EcSTSatic
12-15-05, 03:35 PM
Here's a gift anyone could give me! The Carver. (http://www.carver.nl/video/CarverBroadcastDrive.wmv) Beware dial-up users, the video clip is 27Mb.

LittleB
12-15-05, 03:45 PM
Well.... no. I've mentioned it before, you remind me too much of my oldest daughter and I'm just not that kind of guy. :)

I'm phsycially 19, but if you met me, and didn't know how old I was, you'd think I was older. I play around on here and joke and everything, but trust me, your daughter and I are probably NOTHING alike. It's all good though! :thumbsup: it's just funny when you play the father role because I am not used to that. I am very independent LOL

LittleB
12-15-05, 03:46 PM
But doesn't that make you just plain naughty?

LOL if you look at it that way....I'm and undercover naughty girl.

Although on here I am just plain naughty all the time LOL

Kev
12-15-05, 03:50 PM
I'm phsycially 19, but if you met me, and didn't know how old I was, you'd think I was older. I play around on here and joke and everything, but trust me, your daughter and I are probably NOTHING alike.No doubt. I meant in looks mostly. Agreed, you portray yourself much more mature than my girl does but I'd bet you'd both get along very well together. You both have quite outgoing personalities. My girl is a lot of fun to be around when she is not going too far!

It's all good. ;)

LittleB
12-15-05, 03:53 PM
No doubt. I meant in looks mostly. Agreed, you portray yourself much more mature than my girl does but I'd bet you'd both get along very well together. You both have quite outgoing personalities. My girl is a lot of fun to be around when she is not going too far!

It's all good. ;)

We'd probably get along....funny though, I really only have a couple of friends that are my age, because they can't relate to certain things I am dealing with.

RobertCTS
12-15-05, 03:56 PM

There you go B! Wear Kev's old underwear on your head and share the experience with us!!:lildevil: I bet there's a lot of old stories in those undies B.

LittleB
12-15-05, 03:57 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................I think...I'm gonna....have to pass on that one. Thanks though :thumbsup:

:shhh: girls don't get the same joy out of wearing underwear on our heads as guys do.

Kev
12-15-05, 03:59 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................I think...I'm gonna....have to pass on that one. Thanks though :thumbsup:

:shhh: girls don't get the same joy out of wearing underwear on our heads as guys do.Good answer! Thank you!

Kev
12-15-05, 04:00 PM
Here's a gift anyone could give me! The Carver. (http://www.carver.nl/video/CarverBroadcastDrive.wmv) Beware dial-up users, the video clip is 27Mb.That is one sweet little machine! I wonder if we'll ever see it on this side of the pond? And, would it be cost effective if we did?

Jon
12-15-05, 04:24 PM
Family stopped doing the xmas thing a long time ago, holidays are always a depressing time, cuz all my friends are with family, so I have nothin to do. But this year I'm spending boxing day with my g/f. Plus I guess xmas did come early this year, since I got a V :D

gdwriter
12-15-05, 06:33 PM
That beats a can of olives!

But does it beat an iron?

ewill3rd
12-15-05, 08:03 PM
My memory is so bad I can't remember much.

I do recall that one year I got a Commodore Vic 20 for Christmas.
I don't know what it cost, but man....what can I say?
3583 bytes of RAM? What can you do with that?
Heck I think I still have it somewhere but the Y key doesn't work anymore.
I even have the cassette player and some game cartridges that go in the back!

Kev
12-15-05, 09:23 PM
But does it beat an iron?Not if it was a nice iron.
Hey, you shouldn't knock a good iron, it may come in very handy at times!

Kev
12-15-05, 09:25 PM
I bought myself a Timex Sinlcaire computer one year. I even splurged and got the extra 64kb memory! I still have it in a box in my garage. I thought it might be a conversation piece one day...... :suspense:

johndfw
12-15-05, 10:15 PM
Kev......And so it has become.
My best friend had a Timex Sinclaire. He named his Hal.........

CVP33
12-15-05, 10:22 PM
Brut gift set with cologne, lotion and you guessed it, soap on a freaking rope. :D

DopeStar 156
12-15-05, 11:59 PM
I got a ****ing pen from my aunt for Christmas last year.....worst part was it was a Halloween themed pen.....

"Look it's got skulls on it!"

".........great...." *Looks at mother for help*

Jesda
12-16-05, 01:22 PM
If this thread was a contest, the can of olives would win.

Its just so... sad. Its not even gift-able, yet someone gifted it. Thats like giving someone a bag of bean sprouts.

LittleB
12-16-05, 01:28 PM
You never know, maybe she held those olives close to her heart...it's the though that counts!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

CVP33
12-16-05, 06:18 PM
Everyone knows a bag of beansprouts is not a gift. It's a stocking stuffer. I mean c'mon people! :histeric:

LittleB
12-16-05, 06:35 PM
HAHAhAHAHAHHAHA!!!! Good one :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
12-16-05, 09:14 PM
Olives as a gift I've seen but I'm Italian so it's not so strange to me. My mom sometimes gets as a gift some olives in oil with parsley and rosemary in a fancy bottle with the lid sealed shut with wax. It looks cool in our kitchen.

Stoneage_Caddy
12-16-05, 09:17 PM
Lamest gift i ever got .....I got a used thong from johndfw...that was lame ....

Kev
12-17-05, 01:13 AM
If this thread was a contest, the can of olives would win.

Its just so... sad. Its not even gift-able, yet someone gifted it. Thats like giving someone a bag of bean sprouts.Well, if you knew my aunt.....

Olives as a gift I've seen but I'm Italian so it's not so strange to me. My mom sometimes gets as a gift some olives in oil with parsley and rosemary in a fancy bottle with the lid sealed shut with wax. It looks cool in our kitchen.That's sounds nice actaully. Ours was your basic tin can with a paper label. It was our first year of marriage and my wife's first encounter with my aunts at Christmastime.
The next year was better. We each got a used book.

caddeville
12-17-05, 01:26 AM
This thread is dope!! The lamest gift i ever recieved probably was phat farm shoe laces. Sure, they were the ones i was going to buy, but why for a christmas present? The can of olives must have been a good moment!!!!!

Kev
12-17-05, 01:28 AM
The can of olives must have been a good moment!!!!!My wife opened the gift, she was speachless.