: New source for 80mm throttle bodies!

eldorado1
12-13-05, 12:35 PM
Me! hehehe....

Okay, here's the deal. I've partnered with a machinist friend who has been professionally boring throttle bodies for any number of years. This guy does amazing work. Sent him my TB and he got it bored to 80mm like RSM offers for a bajillion dollars.

In the next week, he should know how much work it will be to get the spacer bored out (I just sent it to him).

Anyways, once I get a few in stock ready to ship, they will be $200 with your good TB sent in as a core. You're welcome to just order it, and send back the core at your leisure, but it will be an extra $100 deposit to make sure I get your core back (need those cores!). The spacer will be $75, with a $50 core if you don't send yours in first. Both will be cleaned and bored to 80mm, which means your gasket may need trimming on installation. The stock intake manifold is just about 80mm, so this is the largest you can go without porting your intake. Shipping is $10 for anything in the lower 48.

PLEASE NOTE - the above pricing is for 96-99 throttle bodies. No others have been tried yet, but 93-95 throttle bodies should be available shortly.

I may offer a one time discount of $50 to someone to have this dyno'd on their 300hp northstar. The condition is you have to swap it out *that day* and run a wix (stock paper type, but flows more) or k&n filter (stock, or cone) both times.

Here's one report from a person who got one for the 4.0L (this is WITHOUT the bored spacer, he got this later):

MORE INFO: First, the dyno was a "Dyno-Jet Chassis Dynamometer". I asked the guy who was working with me, Aaron, how many times he's done this. Easily 200 times +, he's worked there for 4 years and went two UTI (Hot Rod Instutite), they have 2 dynos. Just checking credentials. Check out the shops website, http://www.apgperformance.com/
At first on the dyno I started with the gear shifter in 3rd like everbody said, PROBLEM, it would shift into overdrive spiking the reading. It took a 6 runs to figure out, start in second, start rolling wait till it shifted to 3rd, then GO. The first Time I got it two stay in 3rd to redline was my 7th, run. 190 hp-???ft-lbs tourque run, and about 40, minutes later, I wanted to get part-swaping. I saw the graph on the screen -peak Hp 190-, and didn't want another thinking of garnes 189Hp run. Don't remember the Torque #. Damn-it. Should of run-again, didn't know that the graph would crap-out on that one run.
So it took 7runs to figure out the shifting thing.
190.0 Hp & ???Torque -Baseline- Garnes Baseline 189HP & 204 Torque
Next two runs with RSM's Intake w/ K&N cone
198.3HP & 202.9 Torque
195.7HP & 199.0 Torque
Added RSM's bored 80mm Throttle Body
205.0HP & 214.3 Torque
206.7HP & 214.0 Torque
I Think this is a pretty accurate and repeatable. Maybe the torque #'s could be a little higher, but they're consistent. As far as the ??? torque numbers for my baseline, I haven't crunched a number that I like yet. I only said a loss before with the intake, because I used Garnes percentage Torque loss # of .7846 for all the estimated torque numbers at the crank. Maybe my car for some reason has just a little less torque than Garnes, or the dyno read low, or His dyno read high, the weather conditions, the gravitational pull of Mars was aligned with Uranius, I dunno, but the #'s are repeatble and can be compared to eachother. I probably gained some torque with the intake along with the +8.3HP I gained because my baseline tourque was less than his 204 torque baseline. If you compare his numbers to mine, Garnes 196.1 HP & 227.5 torque to my 195.7HP & 199.0 torque- +.4HP difference and +28.5 torque difference, hum, http://www.anglefire.com/stars/mycaddy/4airboxtest.htm
Anyways, I'm very happy with my 272HP Aurora gain of +21.9HP. It is definitly a noticeable gain. I can feel a little more in the low end, but the high end pulls MUCH HARDER!!! I would recomend RSMracings products, I've had good results with their intake and TB and with their Strut Tower Bar too. Caddyinfo's results of under hood cone's show a dynoed loss on one Caddy, seems like it works for us 4.0's if done/made right. I'm really impressed with how much power could be added by forcing/allowing more air into these Northstars, can't wait to find out how much more power can be un-leashed with a freeier flowing exhaust, a Corsa straigh-thru exhaust for me. Next-Do I get a Hi-Flow cat too? Hum, leaning towards no but I'm keeping my options open. Can't wait till the fall Corsa Install, I'm so there.
Garnes-Air box bottom will be gone shortly, that one srew sure looks like its through the bottom up. I'll take your word and MUSCLE it out. Now what about the collector with the 3 slots going in to the fender? Hollow out the 3slots-make one big slot? Then put a 4in hose around it going down, drill hole for hose to stick out right under/behind air dam? Hum, I'm thinking about it. I live in Elmhurst,IL.
Throttle body re-placement, I'd be glad to copy the service manual section on throttle body replacement for anybody and the list of tools needed, Mostly star keys T-20 ect. It's all step by step. Taking it out wasn't too bad, just took time and patience. Added difficulty when engine is HOT, not recomended if you can't take the pain.
So, Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Us 4.6L guys (especially 300hp) should make even larger improvements, as mccowden's datalog showed, the stock intake is a restriction in the upper rpms. BUT, unlike better flowing filters, boring the throttle body improves torque *across the board*. The instant you step on it, you're flowing more air. This should be seen in the dyno (which I hope to do myself, and hope to get someone else to do independently)

So, what do you guys think? Is this a worthwhile investment of time, money, energy, etc etc? Is there any interest? :bouncy:

eldorado1
12-15-05, 01:01 AM
Thanks to the Admin/Mods who put my post back :) And also thanks for keeping the forums up. My monetary support to officially become a vendor was a small price to pay for the help I've received over the years...

Also to those who may be interested, please PM me. There is a large anticipated demand, so this will be done first come/first served. Backorders are probable. Thanks for your support,

:alchi:

auroradude
12-15-05, 01:49 AM
Can you do these for the 1995-1999 auroras too? I wont be paying RSM $400 for 80mm TB, but i want one badly. I need more power out of my small V8.

davesdeville
12-15-05, 04:33 AM
Hmm... well dyno time is 80/hr, a $50 discount would almost cover that. I have a wix filter...

But alas I'm not made of money and picking up a 500, a 472, a TH400, and a switch pitch TH425 is what's gonna suck up my money this month.

danbuc
12-15-05, 04:37 AM
Hmm.....where in Florida are you. I'm moving down there in about 12 days, and if I have the money, I'd be willing to subject my car to a few dyno runs. I was interested in the 80mm throttle body, but it was always so damn expensive. I've always been curious to see what this car will put down at the wheels too. It's good to see someone going the extra mile to do something like this, especially since RSM charges out the ass for all there parts.

eldorado1
12-15-05, 10:11 AM
Can you do these for the 1995-1999 auroras too? I wont be paying RSM $400 for 80mm TB, but i want one badly. I need more power out of my small V8.

Yes, the throttle bodies for the 4.0 auroras are the same part number as the 4.6L caddies.

Hmm.....where in Florida are you. I'm moving down there in about 12 days, and if I have the money, I'd be willing to subject my car to a few dyno runs. I was interested in the 80mm throttle body, but it was always so damn expensive. I've always been curious to see what this car will put down at the wheels too. It's good to see someone going the extra mile to do something like this, especially since RSM charges out the ass for all there parts.

I'm just outside of orlando :) Yeah, RSM charges $460 for the throttle body and spacer + shipping. I charge $285 shipped. Just pretend you got a 40% off coupon :D

JSMeloche
12-15-05, 03:51 PM
Can you ship to Canada? Im interested in this mod ;)

eldorado1
12-15-05, 04:02 PM
Can you ship to Canada? Im interested in this mod ;)
absolutely! I checked with USPS, and there isn't much difference at all in postage. So the price will be the same.

eldorado1
12-15-05, 04:16 PM
Here's a pic to whet your appetite... Look at that surface finish! :cool2:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/gijim/Northstar_TB2.jpg

danbuc
12-15-05, 06:17 PM
That looks pretty nice. I'm actually moving right into Orlando, so I won't be too far away.

caddydaddy
12-15-05, 08:39 PM
What's the difference with the 2000-up Northstar throttle bodies? Any plans to bore them as well?

eldorado1
12-15-05, 09:29 PM
What's the difference with the 2000-up Northstar throttle bodies? Any plans to bore them as well?

I don't know much about those, there are currently no plans for the 2000+... And I'm not secure enough financially to start a new venture ;)

We'll see after I sell a couple dozen of these first... ;)

eldorado1
12-15-05, 09:33 PM
That looks pretty nice. I'm actually moving right into Orlando, so I won't be too far away.

awesome. stop by sometime and see the northstar fiero :yup:

To keep everyone updated, I will (should) have 3 throttle bodies, and 1 spacer in stock ready to ship next week.

danbuc
12-16-05, 04:05 AM
Sweet, I always wanted to see a N* in a fiero upclose. I always see pics and stuff on the net, but never got a good look at one. I'll be sure to stop by and check it out when I get down there.

auroradude
12-16-05, 10:48 AM
Eldorado1, this looks fantastic. I want to see if anyone else buys them here first, and if they have good results, you better believe im going to buy one. The dyno machine around here is 50 miles away (used to be 4 miles but they moved) unfortunately. And they were like 30 bucks to do it.

This is the exact alternative to the RSM TB right? Its measured exactly 80mm? It has to work the same then, i dont see how it would be any different than RSM's. Thanks for taking on this task..it will be really appreciated once people buy it and find that it adds power.

JSMeloche
12-16-05, 10:49 AM
absolutely! I checked with USPS, and there isn't much difference at all in postage. So the price will be the same.

Great!!! ill wait for 93-95 to be ready ;) Hope they will be in the spring héhé

eldorado1
12-16-05, 11:05 AM
This is the exact alternative to the RSM TB right? Its measured exactly 80mm? It has to work the same then, i dont see how it would be any different than RSM's. Thanks for taking on this task..it will be really appreciated once people buy it and find that it adds power.

Yep, it would be hard to make them any different... there might be more than one way to skin a cat, but in the end you've still got a skinned cat :p

os101king
12-16-05, 11:06 AM
just another interested party when you get the 93-95's sorted out. 94 y code eldorado looking for power. seems to be the simplest bolt on...

eldorado1
12-16-05, 11:12 PM
just another interested party when you get the 93-95's sorted out. 94 y code eldorado looking for power. seems to be the simplest bolt on...

If you and JSMeloche wanted to get together a group buy for those years, I could hasten the process and put those on the front burner... Cost *should* be the same, especially if you got 5 people together. These years are more difficult because they have much, much more material to remove since they have that extra 2"+ "lip" where the MAF would be on the later models. Let me know.

JSMeloche
12-19-05, 10:35 AM
Any one has info on how to remove and replace the TB? If its too hard ill have the dealer do it but If i can do it myself id love to.

eldorado1
12-19-05, 02:52 PM
It's not that hard. You can do it in an hour if you have the tools. You need a 10mm socket, ratchet, torx bits, whatever size the MAF sensor screws are, a new TB gasket ($3), and possibly a few other things I'm forgetting. Oh, to do it "properly" you need a torque wrench that can read in inch pounds. You can probably get by without it, although they are only $19 at harbor freight...

I'd like to do a writeup to include them as instructions with the TB, but need a stock caddy to show how it's done first...

eldorado1
12-19-05, 10:01 PM
I'm kinda surprised there isn't more interest... Is everyone just stretched thin for Christmas or what?

MrEr1c
12-19-05, 10:23 PM
im definately interested but i would like to actually see some dyno graphs of before and after.

having some extra torque would be fun!

eldorado1
12-19-05, 10:49 PM
im definately interested but i would like to actually see some dyno graphs of before and after.

having some extra torque would be fun!

Well like I mentioned previously, the 4.0 gained 10hp / 13tq, and we have more displacement (read: breathing capacity), so it should be equal or greater. I'll see if I can get a dyno run put together after christmas...

davesdeville
12-20-05, 02:18 AM
As long as I get hired on perminantly (seasonal now) and if you haven't gotten someone to do the dyno testing I'll do it in 2 paychecks (about a month.)

If you do get a dyno test done and it shows good results I'll buy one anyway.

AlBundy
12-21-05, 10:10 PM
Eldorado1, you got my attention. I am also interested in this project. With Moded out exaust how much HP are we talking about?

eldorado1
12-21-05, 10:41 PM
"I don't know", dyno it, save $50, and find out :D

I would say you should gain about 10-20hp at the crank with the throttle body and spacer. Possibly more. From a strictly mathematical standpoint, Mccowden's datalog from his 275hp northstar was showing a potential for 18hp gain in the intake. More than likely, 300hp northstars would benefit more. 4.0 Northstars are showing 10hp gains (at the wheels, or 13 at the crank), and they use the same throttle body, so... it would make sense for that to be the "minimum gain".

But, there are no guarantees in life, so I just have to keep encouraging you guys to get it dyno'd. :thumbsup:

Though, the more air you cram into the engine, the more power you make. Period.

danbuc
12-23-05, 05:11 AM
Well, it looks liek I'll be driving down there on Sunday. If I can get some money together, and if noone else has already volunteered, I'll PM you and let you know if I can't get the TB and spacer and throw it on the dyno. Hopefully I can, but I'll have to see when I get down there.

eldorado1
12-23-05, 10:36 AM
Awesome. Have fun on the drive... being Christmas, the roads will be empty at least..

danbuc
12-30-05, 05:09 PM
Well, I've been down here for about 5 days already, but I just got the interent and cable tv hooked up today. I was just wondering where this shop was. I wanted to come over and check it out and see what the deal was with this here TB and Spacer and what not (and that Fiero..hehe). I'm living over on Semorian Blvd or whatever a few mmiles frmo the Airport. It sure is nice getting away from all that cold weather and crap.

eldorado1
01-01-06, 12:24 PM
Sent you a PM. You are officially "moving" here, right? You're not on some 5 day vacation or something?

Aurora40
01-01-06, 12:28 PM
They are a lot different. You'd have to bore the water crossover as well. This is a big piece that houses the water pump and such.

You can see details here:
http://www.geocities.com/aurora402002/TB.html
http://www.geocities.com/aurora402002/TB2.html

SupaStealth
01-01-06, 02:21 PM
Yeah, i'm interested too, unfortunately i wont be financially able to purchase one for a couple months.:xeek:

caddydaddy
01-01-06, 03:51 PM
They are a lot different. You'd have to bore the water crossover as well. This is a big piece that houses the water pump and such.
You can see details here:
http://www.geocities.com/aurora402002/TB.html
http://www.geocities.com/aurora402002/TB2.html

GM always has to make it hard to modify engines, don't they! :want:

danbuc
01-01-06, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'll be living here for a little more than 4 months.

mtflight
01-04-06, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I'll be living here for a little more than 4 months.

Little over 4 months, sounds like the WDW CP.

danbuc
01-04-06, 07:53 PM
Little over 4 months, sounds like the WDW CP.

Huh?:hmm:

mtflight
01-04-06, 07:57 PM
Huh?:hmm:

I take that as a no. LOL. I'm an alumnus.

http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/

danbuc
01-04-06, 09:04 PM
Nope, this is for the Mercedes Benz ELITE training program.

eldorado1
01-04-06, 09:44 PM
You'd rather work at MB than get a degree from Disney as an Imagineer®?

:hmm::D:histeric:

No offense of course, I have no idea what Disney does... I'm sure they have a quality educational program. *ahem* ;)

mtflight
01-04-06, 10:12 PM
You'd rather work at MB than get a degree from Disney as an Imagineer®?

:hmm::D:histeric:

No offense of course, I have no idea what Disney does... I'm sure they have a quality educational program. *ahem* ;)

It's an internship for college students that provides pay, college credit, and experience in 100% quality from a company rated as the #1 Industry Champion in Fortune's "America's most Admired Companies."

You didn't hear it from me but Penthouse mentioned that living in the apartments with the other thousands of students was one of the easiest places to get laid. :D

Imagineers are something different altogether... the cream of the crop when it comes to creativeness and engineering, to design, conceptualize, and create multi-million dollar rides (for instance the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror @ $100 Million, and other attractions of the like.

CadillacSTS42005
01-05-06, 01:26 AM
wow this thread has def gotten off track lol

back on the subject just curious if i were to spring for this is there any sort of warrenty on it?

eldorado1
01-05-06, 11:54 AM
Warranty like....how?

It's not like it's electronic, so there's nothing really to go wrong with it... I mean, I guess you could hit it with a sledge or something... :cookoo:

Aurora40
01-05-06, 06:53 PM
Warranty like....how?
It's not like it's electronic, so there's nothing really to go wrong with it... I mean, I guess you could hit it with a sledge or something... :cookoo:
Well, that's not really true. The shaft bushing/bearing could bind up, the plate could come loose and not close properly, etc. It's not likely stuff will be wrong if it works right at first, but you never know.

I definitely hope you get a lot of sales, but how's it going so far? I'd love to hear feedback from folks about whether a bigger TB gains anything. If my TB was easily moddable, I'd try it out for $200. It just seems like with the Aurora and to a lesser extent the Northstar, that people talk a big game about how they'd mod this, mod that, but when someone produces a nice product at a good price, no one ponies up. :canttalk: :hide:

RSM used to have prices around $200 for their TB, plus $100 for the coupling/backing piece. Their prices have gone up and up probably due to the cost of carrying a line of stuff that almost no one purchases. It's no surprise the aftermarket is so bare for these cars.

I do wish you the best of luck though, as that can only bode well for further selling/development of mods. :2thumbs:

eldorado1
01-05-06, 08:17 PM
If any of that happens, I'll replace it free of charge. But I guarantee none of that will happen - my machinist friend who does this service for me has been boring throttle bodies for years - he has literally bored hundreds, without a single complaint or return. How's it going so far? A little slow. I haven't sold one. I was hoping to make the money I paid to achieve "vendor" status back, but that may not happen. If my vendor membership expires (in about 2 months from now) without a sale, I will have to reconsider renewing it.

I also have had 2 auctions on ebay, one ending tomorrow, with no sales yet. To be honest, I'm disappointed. How cheap do they have to be before they fly off the shelves? :crying:

davesdeville
01-05-06, 10:03 PM
$275 isn't bad from what I've seen. But honestly how much does it cost to have something bored out? Can't be THAT much can it?

eldorado1
01-05-06, 10:24 PM
Boring is free. But you have to set up a jig to hold the TB, pay for the labor to bore it out, the labor to cut a new throttle plate, then you have to modify the throttle shaft to accept the new larger plate, etc.

Basically, in the end, you're paying for labor and a 4" piece of aluminum for the plate. I also keep a little piece to do advertising (like here) and put them on ebay (also expensive listing fees + 2 or 3% for end fees), and cover losses from paypal (3%)...

CadillacSTS42005
01-05-06, 11:16 PM
i believe that until its dynoed its not gonna sell because it may not show a significant increase. i can say that im interested but as for actually buying idk it all depends on a true test of it.

eldorado1
01-05-06, 11:43 PM
Yep, figured as much. What's ironic is RSM has sold many just by claiming "up to" 14hp or whatever is on their site... I asked them for a before and after dyno, they said they didn't have one, or know where I could find that info. I asked them if anyone's even dyno'd it, they said they didn't know.
Okay, so keeping with tradition, this TB will get you up to 40hp. :alchi:
My offer of saving $50 for a before and after dyno still stands. I don't really have a 100% stock car, so it wouldn't be a fair comparison, but I'll keep working to get it tuned if nobody else steps up.

I should just sell turbonators :bigroll:

Aurora40
01-06-06, 12:11 AM
$275 isn't bad from what I've seen. But honestly how much does it cost to have something bored out? Can't be THAT much can it?
Well, you could always see what a local machine shop could do it for. You might have to strip down the TB and put it back together. You might save some money, but if someone else does the labor I bet you wouldn't save a lot. One thing you are paying for is it done right. You won't buy one that is defective. If you take your TB to the machine shop and they screw it up, then where are you left... So there's certainly some insurance built into the price. :) The backing piece is nylon/plastic/whatever, so you might just be able to do that thing by hand with a dremel or something. I think they are cheap if you ruin it.

Okay, so keeping with tradition, this TB will get you up to 40hp. :alchi:
LOL!

FWIW, there were two people who bought the RSM TB's (back when the price wasn't so high) for their Auroras. Both people dynoed the cars before and after on the same day. They saw gains of 5-10 wheel horsepower. I think a while back there was someone who put it on an STS, but they didn't dyno the car, rather tracked it and felt it didn't help. If a few more people buy them and try them, then there will be a bigger knowledgebase to draw from to decide if it is likely to work or not.

The two Aurora guys also saw differences in ID of the TB. The guy with the bigger gain had a stock TB that seemed to be 1-2mm narrower than the guy that saw the 5ish hp gain.

Anyway, FWIW. :)

eldorado1
01-06-06, 12:51 AM
The backing piece is nylon/plastic/whatever, so you might just be able to do that thing by hand with a dremel or something. I think they are cheap if you ruin it.

The spacer? That's aluminum. But since there are no critical tolerances as with a throttle body blade, I would certainly say give it a shot. Especially if you have air tools. Dremel would take a bit longer.. You'll trade time for money.

The two Aurora guys also saw differences in ID of the TB. The guy with the bigger gain had a stock TB that seemed to be 1-2mm narrower than the guy that saw the 5ish hp gain.

Anyway, FWIW. :)

Interesting. Then the years must be different - I know auroras of certain years share the same TB part # for something like 96-98 caddies... Anywho, are any of "your guys" the guy on page 1 of this thread? It's interesting that he saw such a large gain without having a ported spacer behind it... I would like to ask him if he dyno'd it when he later got the spacer as well, but my emails bounce.

danbuc
01-06-06, 12:57 AM
If you would like to install both on my car and dyno it for free to see what it makes so you can advertise it, I would be more than willing to get it done...:D I've got the corsa, so it might make mmore than if it was stock too..:sneaky:

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-06, 02:39 AM
if i buy it install it and have it dynoed and it doesnt show an increase can i return it and get a full refund?

Aurora40
01-06-06, 04:48 PM
Interesting. Then the years must be different - I know auroras of certain years share the same TB part # for something like 96-98 caddies... Anywho, are any of "your guys" the guy on page 1 of this thread? It's interesting that he saw such a large gain without having a ported spacer behind it... I would like to ask him if he dyno'd it when he later got the spacer as well, but my emails bounce.
Yes, one was the guy you quoted. I don't believe he ever got the spacer. He got a Corsa exhaust eventually, then had a chronic missing condition and sold the car for an SSEi.

The other guy I don't think he ever dynoed it after the spacer. But the spacer is wider than the stock TB size already. I think the two TB's were more like tolerance or possibly measuring differences? I believe one car was a 1996 and the other a 1998, the 1998 having the lower recorded gain and the larger diameter stock TB. That car also now has a Corsa, and I keep urging the owner to hit the track. I want to see how a done-up 1st gen car compares to the 2nd gen. :)

danbuc
01-06-06, 05:55 PM
ARe you reffering to a 1998 STS or ETC or what. If it's STS, I can tell you my track times with the Corsa. I ran a 14.809 on one of my three passes at Atco a few months ago. My last run would have been a 14.7xx, if it weren't for my total lack of traction (evident by my slower 60ft, but higher trap speed). It had dropped about 20 degrees by the time I made my third run so the car was making more power, which showed since it had the fastest trap speed....about a 1mph over the 14.809. Had I had traction, I definitely think I could broke the 14.7 mark. I'm going to the track again down here in Orlando tomorrow, and it's gonna be about 60 degrees here. If you want, I can post the time slips when I get back.

Aurora40
01-06-06, 06:43 PM
I was referring to Auroras, not Cadillacs. :)

My Aurora keeps up pretty well, then, despite the less displacement. My best time was 14.86 @ 92mph.

Tim99ws6
01-06-06, 07:14 PM
just to be perfectly clear here....

whats the price to buy a bolt on tb setup from you on my '96 STS?

Also, can you post some nice high quality pics of the new TB side by side comparison next to a stock 96' style tb where your's is better?

eldorado1
01-06-06, 07:35 PM
just to be perfectly clear here....

whats the price to buy a bolt on tb setup from you on my '96 STS?

Also, can you post some nice high quality pics of the new TB side by side comparison next to a stock 96' style tb where your's is better?

Just the throttle body would be $210 shipped. Be sure to send me your old TB (sensors removed, otherwise I'll just transfer them) with a check or MO. If you don't want any down time, I can send you the bored TB first, but it will cost you an extra $100 so I can be sure to get your good core back. You don't *have* to send the core back, but if you do, I'll refund the $100.

Like I mentioned before, you can bore the throttle body "egr" spacer yourself with a dremel or air tools - which it sounds like you'd want to do?

I'll get some new pics in a few days... I don't know if I'll have any stockers to compare it to tho,

eldorado1
01-06-06, 07:40 PM
if i buy it install it and have it dynoed and it doesnt show an increase can i return it and get a full refund?

I strongly want to say yes. I have the utmost competance that you will gain power.

but - given the off chance that your transmission fails when you dyno the bored TB, and you show 50hp at the wheels.......... I literally can't afford the return shipping - I am *very* much in debt right now.

Tell you what though - let me sell 1. Just one first, and you've got a deal. Just for you ;)

(I do want you to test both under the *exact* same circumstances however.. lets keep this scientific)

CadillacSTS42005
01-07-06, 02:07 AM
yea its not a problem to test it under the same conditions. as for the tranny i SERIOUSLY doubt my tranny will drop lol i only have 77k on my 97 ETC which aint alot at ALL

Aurora40
01-07-06, 12:44 PM
I literally can't afford the return shipping - I am *very* much in debt right now.
What if he pays all the shipping? To me that seems reasonable. He's still getting less risk than one would ordinarily get buying performance parts. Few if any come with any kind of horsepower guarantee. :)

eldorado1
01-07-06, 03:36 PM
I could do that - but - he would have to take my personal TB... It does not have the coolant tubes. If he doesn't mind that, he can send me a PM...

If after the dyno, he wants to keep it, and wants one with the coolant tubes, we can exchange it.

Oh, and if he sends it back, it has to be within 30 days to get a full refund via paypal's rules... CadillacETC1997 - let me know. I'll get some new pics up sometime today.

eldorado1
01-07-06, 07:04 PM
Here's a pic comparing the original size throttle plate to the new one:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/gijim/TB1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/gijim/TB3.jpg

Sorry I don't have an actual stock throttle body to compare it to...

CadillacSTS42005
01-07-06, 10:06 PM
wouldnt when it lacks coolant tubes cause it to be difficult to start in cold weather? just asking? what do i risk/gain from having one without it

eldorado1
01-07-06, 11:16 PM
You risk the TB icing and sticking in really cold weather. Gains - none really. Air travels too fast through the TB to have any time to pick up heat for any HP gains, contrary to what any ebay auctions for TB coolant bypass might say... For me, I gain a little space in the engine compartment, and it's one less thing to plumb.

See, I only have "mine" on hand. I have to order them as I get orders in, because I don't have to cash up front (yet) to keep a few in stock. I'm a poor college student, and class starts on monday. ;) If you wanted one with the coolant tubes, I could order it, but then I wouldn't have the money to refund you if, for whatever reason, it doesn't show a gain. I have full confidence you'll see pretty good gains, but I'm still a cautious person. I don't want to get myself stuck between a rock and a hard place... Hope you understand.

But, like I said, when you decide to keep it, you can just send me back "mine" and I'll send you one with the coolant tubes... Think of it like a loaner... ;)

CadillacSTS42005
01-08-06, 03:41 AM
wont i have to cap the current lines to prevent a leak then and how come your one doesnt have the coolant lines

Tim99ws6
01-08-06, 11:16 AM
wont i have to cap the current lines to prevent a leak then and how come your one doesnt have the coolant lines

I doubt you cap them. On my Trans Am anyway(VERY similiar TB coolant setup), you just connect the two hoses together with the appropriate fitting, and you're good to go. This is a very very normal and typical mod to do on LS1's, and in combination with other "free mods" has shown REAL rear wheel hp gains on the dyno.

To the maker of the TB-I will be buying one, so don't give up! I just need to recoup some money from X-mas, and then let you do some more real world driving to make sure there are no adverse affects on this TB to the new one. I would recommend polishing the inside of the TB, and the Blade itself. Also, on the LS1 throttle bodies, it is very normal to have to grind down the "stop" on the outside to make sure the TB is opening 100%, is this something you looked at on this TB??

CadillacSTS42005
01-08-06, 11:42 AM
i know about it being done on the ls1 as well as the old tpi motors i just herd it only makes it extreamly difficult to start in cold weather and i live in pittsburgh and right now its 24 outside lol cold by my standards

eldorado1
01-08-06, 12:02 PM
To the maker of the TB-I will be buying one, so don't give up! I just need to recoup some money from X-mas, and then let you do some more real world driving to make sure there are no adverse affects on this TB to the new one. I would recommend polishing the inside of the TB, and the Blade itself. Also, on the LS1 throttle bodies, it is very normal to have to grind down the "stop" on the outside to make sure the TB is opening 100%, is this something you looked at on this TB??

I will never give up! :thumbsup:

The blade is semi-polished, it's hard to photograph... The inside of the TB isn't polished, but more of a matte machined finish. Polishing would add to the cost, so I didn't ask for it... On the throttle stop, I checked it, and it does open perpendicular to the airflow axis.

-you would want to tie the two coolant lines together. they help bleed the system of air.

Aurora40
01-08-06, 12:13 PM
i know about it being done on the ls1 as well as the old tpi motors i just herd it only makes it extreamly difficult to start in cold weather and i live in pittsburgh and right now its 24 outside lol cold by my standards
If the motor is cold, so is the coolant. Pumping ice-cold coolant through the throttlebody isn't going to help anything. Not to mention it won't even be pumping until the motor is running.

As said, I believe it is to prevent icing in cold weather driving. Air flies by the TB at high velocity. It may have some moisture in it. This will likely make the TB very cold, and water could begin to condense on it and ice up. Warming the TB with coolant will prevent that.

I for one can't picture a very significant gain coming from the bypass, but I also have never tried it. I had the option to do this on my ZR-1 recently with that ported TB and declined. I'd rather not have to worry about encountering a problem if it were ever driven in extreme cold (unlikely). To me more power is great, but more power at the expense of drivability isn't necessarily great so I wasn't interested.

That said, GM does engine testing down to like -40F, so the icing conditions might not be something that is ever encountered by most cars. It's probably no big deal either way, bypassed or not.

Edit: FWIW, here are some picts of the RSM one an Aurora owner purchased. I don't know why I pictured the backing piece as just a plastic collar, it's actually the part with the coolant tubes: http://www.geocities.com/aurora402002/TB3.html

CadillacSTS42005
01-08-06, 12:29 PM
how come your one doesnt have the coolant lines

eldorado1
01-08-06, 12:58 PM
For me, I gain a little space in the engine compartment, and it's one less thing to plumb.

and I live in FL, so icing isn't a concern for me.

CadillacSTS42005
01-08-06, 02:56 PM
ah sorry missed that in the previous post lol

Tim99ws6
01-08-06, 02:57 PM
To be honest, to "ice" a TB, you'd have to be in near sub-zero climate, and the motor would have to be completely cold. Then you would have to start the car and IMMEDIATELY rev to redline, while driving(to get fresh air), and all this would have only an effect for no more than 2 minutes....

I tell ya what, start your car one morning, hold your hand on the METAL TB, and see how long it takes before it starts to burn, just idling.

Sorry, there simply is no loss in driveability for doing a TB bypass. the hp gain is insignifigent, and should not be why you do it. It is much more to free up some clutter in the engine bay. I wouldn't drive the car in -0 conditions anyway, so i guess if i was WAY up north i probably wouldn't do it. I'm talking Alaska here people! haha

eldorado1
01-08-06, 11:57 PM
ah sorry missed that in the previous post lol

I'll take that as a "no".

CadillacSTS42005
01-09-06, 12:08 AM
take what as a no?

eldorado1
01-09-06, 12:24 AM
PM sent

caddydaddy
01-09-06, 09:36 AM
To be honest, to "ice" a TB, you'd have to be in near sub-zero climate, and the motor would have to be completely cold.

Piston engined aircraft can have problems with the carbs icing up to the point that it stalls the engine. So it's very possible that it can happen, but it has to be very cold and you need the moisture in the air to "ice".
I have heard of it happening on carb'd cars before as well, but I'm not sure at what temp that was.

94CaddyConcours
01-10-06, 05:03 PM
Piston engined aircraft can have problems with the carbs icing up to the point that it stalls the engine. So it's very possible that it can happen, but it has to be very cold and you need the moisture in the air to "ice".
I have heard of it happening on carb'd cars before as well, but I'm not sure at what temp that was.

Well that is likely to happen in carburated engine. But in aircraft we use exhaust to help deice the carb, no liquid cool engine.
Like I said, it moslt likely happen to carburetor, in car not common as aircraft flying over 15k feets why -> fuel/air mix atomizing the vapor causing a decreasing in temp which lead to icing blah blah blah I'm sounding like my professor.:thepan:

Well I was looking at Caddyinfo.com and some gut did do a TB with RSM. He gain 8HP, while he had other modiffication. That doesnt prove anything since it wasnt a stock car. http://www.caddyinfo.com/nsmodsummary.htm

nash8
01-13-06, 03:41 AM
I feel your pain on being a poor college kid i just had to pay my tuition this year because I lost my scholarship, but I'm very interested in the throttle body if you can still do this in about a month I will be very interested. Don't worry bout people not buying em. Once people start realizing that they make hp, which i dont see why they shouldn't, sales will come.

Tim99ws6
01-13-06, 04:31 AM
Well that is likely to happen in carburated engine. But in aircraft we use exhaust to help deice the carb, no liquid cool engine.
Like I said, it moslt likely happen to carburetor, in car not common as aircraft flying over 15k feets why -> fuel/air mix atomizing the vapor causing a decreasing in temp which lead to icing blah blah blah I'm sounding like my professor.

:werd:
couldn't have said it better myself....wait, except for this smiley....
:horse:

LT5
01-13-06, 05:46 PM
When will the 93-95's TB's & Spacers be ready ?

eldorado1
01-13-06, 08:26 PM
Working on it... Can't give an exact date yet, they were supposed to be ready this week, but things have been pushed back.

LT5
01-13-06, 09:40 PM
Fine.........PM me when you are ready.
Thanks

speedyman_2
01-16-06, 11:37 PM
Wow, I just saw this thread. Is this guy still doing this. I have a spare TB and spacer from my old N* just sitting around waiting for this. It's for a '98 STS. I'd love to get this done!!

eldorado1
01-17-06, 01:45 AM
Wow, I just saw this thread. Is this guy still doing this. I have a spare TB and spacer from my old N* just sitting around waiting for this. It's for a '98 STS. I'd love to get this done!!

You mean me? :D

YES!!

Send me a PM for more details...

speedyman_2
01-17-06, 01:56 AM
Yes I mean you :D What do I gotta do to get one. I've got the TB and spacer.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/speedy_3/TB.jpg

Overkill
01-18-06, 03:42 AM
Hey there, for some reason the site won't let me PM you, can you shoot me an email at willoverkill@sympatico.ca so we can chat :)

davesdeville
01-19-06, 08:42 AM
Let us know when the 93-95s are ready. I'll have the cash in maybe a month or so.

eldorado1
01-19-06, 12:29 PM
Roger that.

CadillacSTS42005
01-19-06, 12:33 PM
eldo ill have the cash and the appointment for the dyno set in 2 weeks time

eldorado1
01-19-06, 03:46 PM
Cool, let me know. I figured you'd changed your mind.

CadillacSTS42005
01-19-06, 05:03 PM
naw its just paying for college and my etc not to mention my job is at dennys money aint exactly lining the floors i got a 240 paycheck (minus 150 this time for carpayment) and probably 240 again (minus 100) i shoulg have enough

Night Wolf
01-21-06, 12:48 AM
awesome. stop by sometime and see the northstar fiero :yup:

To keep everyone updated, I will (should) have 3 throttle bodies, and 1 spacer in stock ready to ship next week.

woha woha woha!

So you are in Orlando and have a Northstar Fiero!?

I am in Clearwater, I was in Orlando last week to meet a friend...

are you faimler with the Florida Pontiac group, Wide Track Warriors? He is part fo that group, there was a guy there with a Fiero 4.9, I was talking to...

but damn, next time I am in Orlando... hell, I'll make a trip out for the hell of it (close enough and I love to drive :) ) I would love to check out that car, if you don't mind that is :)

danbuc
01-21-06, 01:16 AM
I still wanna see that Fiero too.

SLICKK27
01-21-06, 02:25 AM
HEy has anyonw bought one yet? Any gains in power...come on now...some one buy one so that i can buy one after you do ...Eldo im definately interested let me know as soon as you get a dyno and good results and IM in ....heres my email for the info j_varo@hotmail.com...

eldorado1
01-21-06, 02:34 AM
Hey guys...

Just to let you all know, I'll be taking my car to the dyno in the next few weeks, as soon as my student loan comes in.. :devil:

You'll get a before/after as soon as it's in my hands... Danbuc, you're welcome to tag along..

eldorado1
01-21-06, 02:37 AM
So you are in Orlando and have a Northstar Fiero!?

I am in Clearwater, I was in Orlando last week to meet a friend...

are you faimler with the Florida Pontiac group, Wide Track Warriors? He is part fo that group, there was a guy there with a Fiero 4.9, I was talking to...

Yep. Never heard of WTW... You're welcome to stop by on the dyno day too... :)

thdoug28
01-21-06, 05:44 AM
How well does the MAF mate to the TB? I haven't had the TB apart for a while, so I don't recall the approximate diameter... is it an essentially straight path, i.e. without reduction, through the MAF into the TB?

thdoug28
01-21-06, 05:46 AM
Oh yeah... I assume that the stock spacer is less than 80 mm... is the spacer included in the $200, or is an additional $75, bringing the total upgrade to $285, including shipping to the contiguous states?

danbuc
01-21-06, 11:11 AM
Hey guys...

Just to let you all know, I'll be taking my car to the dyno in the next few weeks, as soon as my student loan comes in.. :devil:

You'll get a before/after as soon as it's in my hands... Danbuc, you're welcome to tag along..

Nice...just let me know when and where before you go, and I'll be there. I want to see this, and I also might want to throw my car on there as well....just curious to see what it makes at the wheels.

eldorado1
01-21-06, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah... I assume that the stock spacer is less than 80 mm... is the spacer included in the $200, or is an additional $75, bringing the total upgrade to $285, including shipping to the contiguous states?

The stock spacer is less than 80mm, it's just about 75mm stock. The total is $285 for everything, shipped, if you send both parts in for cores with payment.

As for the MAF, I don't know, because I don't have one handy.

Danbuc- I'll let you know. I had a place picked out, they give you 3 runs for $60, but I seem to have lost the paper I wrote their name and info on.. I'll let you know.

danbuc
01-21-06, 07:20 PM
Cool, $60 for three runs isn't bad at all.

davesdeville
01-21-06, 10:10 PM
The Dyno Edge here does 3 runs for $55 I believe, but I don't think 3 runs is actually enough to get a good dataset. I'd just go for the extra $25 (or whatever the going rate is there) for an hour of time.

eldorado1
01-24-06, 12:14 AM
Danbuc/anyone else interested in coming,

Plan is for Friday at noon, or there abouts. The place (I think*) is Titan Motorsports, at 1714 N. Goldenrod Rd Blg A : Orlando. I need to confirm tomorrow this is/was the place, but I'm pretty sure it is.

I'll probably do 2 runs before and 2 runs after, same day, same engine temp, hopefully same weather. Should be a cloudy, but warm 70 degrees. If I can get 6 or more runs for about $70, I'll do that instead.

danbuc
01-24-06, 12:34 AM
Damn, I get out of class at 1:30. That place is about 6 miles from me though, so it's really close. Even if you go at 12:00, I shoudl be able to make it there before your done if I leave right from class. I've managed to scrape some money together, so I'm really interested to see the difference it makes. If it shows a decent improvement on the old dyno there, I'll definitely be considering purchasing the TB and spacer. If you can, send me a PM thursday night or something just letting me know exactly when your going. Thanks...hopefully I'll see ya there.

eldorado1
01-24-06, 12:41 AM
Will do. I don't know how long I'll be there, it probably takes 30 minutes to set up the car, 30 minutes of dyno time, maybe an hour to swap TB's worst case, another 30 minutes dyno time? Hopefully will be done before dinner time hehehe... :thepan:

danbuc
01-24-06, 12:45 AM
Hehe..that's cool. I don't do anything but go home and sit on my ass and watch TV, so hangin out at the Shop while they dyno your car will certainly be a nice change of pace for me. Finally something interest for me to do...

eldorado1
01-24-06, 01:37 PM
Friday filled up, so I made an appointment for monday at 12. The forcast is a 30% chance of rain, so I'll keep an eye on that. Since I'll be working in the parking lot, rain won't help.

danbuc
01-24-06, 03:44 PM
hmm...Monday is cool, I'll still have to leave from school, but that's fine. I guess I'll see you there hopefully around 2:00 or so I guess.

96-deville-man
01-24-06, 07:09 PM
i have my 96 with flowmasters and would really like to do this. i wouldnt be able to make it monday because i dont get outta school till 1:50 plus my dad is working. so ill let you guys make the runs then if its 10-15hpgain we can setup a meeting and me and my dad will just drive up and run on the dyno then swap and dyno.

eldorado1
01-24-06, 09:18 PM
FYI, the $50 discount will be null and void after I get it dyno'd :yup:

96-deville-man
01-25-06, 02:47 PM
i understand that. there is really noway i can get out there to do it this weekend because ill be in daytona. i cant do it till like wed or thru next week. i want to have my car dyno`d anyway so i figured this would be the best time to do it. with no down time.

eldorado1
01-31-06, 11:06 AM
Dyno was rescheduled to tomorrow (wed) due to weather

danbuc
01-31-06, 07:17 PM
Sweet...I'll be there. Supposed to be real nice tomorrow.

eldorado1
01-31-06, 07:20 PM
I know! :thumbsup:

I feel sorry for all the people who can't have 73 degrees in february. My appt is for 12, and I'll be there for at least an hour, possibly as long as two or more. I don't plan on waiting around for anyone, so if you miss the action, you'll just have to see the graphs.

danbuc
01-31-06, 11:45 PM
Hehe...that's cool. In the end...it's the graphs that really matter. If I get otu of school at 1:30, I'll probably be there around 2:00 at the latest. By then, I bet you'll be finishing up you pulls with the new TB.

eldorado1
02-01-06, 03:46 PM
I have dyno runs... :D

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I was putting down... Stand by while they're scanned

danbuc
02-01-06, 03:48 PM
Damn....I got there at 2:00, and they said you had just left liek a little while ago. Oh well....hopefully it made some descent power.

eldorado1
02-01-06, 04:00 PM
Okay, I took the best baseline and the best with the 80mm throttle body.

It does exactly what I expected it to do, it adds about 6hp all the way across the board (peak from 250 to 256). Peak torque is up 10 ft-lb (peak from 247 to 257). Sorry it's kind of hard to read, it was a light print out and I had to up the contrast to even see the lines..

The proof is in the puddin'!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/gijim/dynorun.jpg

As a side note, I got into a minor fender bender on the way home. :( Nothing was damaged luckily, but that put a damper on the fun.

danbuc
02-01-06, 04:05 PM
That wasn't you with all those cops and stuff up on 50 heading towards Semoran was it?

danbuc
02-01-06, 04:09 PM
Almost forgot....did you have the new spacer on there as well?

eldorado1
02-01-06, 04:10 PM
Nope, saw them though, er a firetruck at least... I was turning left off of colonial onto 434, and the light turned yellow, and the lady in front of me slammed on her brakes. I hit the brakes, and slid right into her. No damage, we just traded information. I think I hit my head on the sunvisor though. Ow. :rolleyes:

This run was with the spacer. It wasn't quite all I was hoping for, but +10 torque, in some spots +15 isn't too shabby.

danbuc
02-01-06, 04:46 PM
Yeah, overall it looked like a pretty decent improement over the enitre power band. Seemed pretty consistent the whole way through. On a side note....my brakes took a pretty bad beating today....on the way there and back that is. It seemed that everyone driving around me today was trying to run me off the road. I almost locked them up once on the eay down there...and locked them up once with another near lock up on the way back. They were screachin' to high hell by the time I pulled back into my apartment. I think I'm gonna have to get some new pads real soon. I'm hoping that the rotors aren't hot spotted and can be cut. The right fornt rotor has a weird groove right along the outer edge that goes in a few thousandths. If I can get them cut...then I should be fine. I just don't wanna have to buy new rotors again.

eldorado1
02-01-06, 04:51 PM
I think I'm gonna have to get some new pads real soon.

Ha! Well I left the e-brake on for the first run. (the guy told me to put it on, but we both forgot to take it off) Made 150hp, and then everyone started seeing the smoke....... oops. :bigroll:

danbuc
02-01-06, 05:22 PM
That happened to my friends Deville. It would dissengage the E-brake when you put it in gear the first time, so he would have to put it in park, and then back in Drive to get it to release. Well, we were going back to his house from this computer show, and it was the first, and last time he forgot to put it back in park to get it to release. It wasn't until we were doin' 80mph down the highway and saw smoke billowing otu the back fo the car, that we new what was wrong. The pads were literally cooked, and the rotors were completely destroyed.

You know....I'm still a bit fuzzy as to what car you had on the dyno today? Was it the Fiero? I ask because you mention the E-brake being left on.....?:hmm: I'm so confused.

eldorado1
02-01-06, 05:35 PM
I'm still a bit fuzzy as to what car you had on the dyno today? Was it the Fiero? I ask because you mention the E-brake being left on.....?:hmm: I'm so confused.

Yep.

CadillacSTS42005
02-01-06, 06:12 PM
if you tested it on a Fiero doesnt that kinda still not test it on the Cadillac N* due to drivetrain differences?

eldorado1
02-01-06, 06:59 PM
Same engine, same transmission, etc, so there *should* be no difference.

CadillacSTS42005
02-01-06, 07:44 PM
could be a minor difference due to the axles but yea i didnt realize you used the same tranny my bad lol

danbuc
02-01-06, 09:47 PM
Your not using the stock exhaust manifolds on it are you? I can't imagine why anyone would in such an application, seeing as how there's room for improvement being more space and all. Plus, you don't have to use the crossover. If this is the case......I doubt the TB would have nearly the same increase in power on an actual Cadillac, seeing as how the exhaust side would be so much more restrictive. Can you describe how your exhaust syetm is setup?

With 25% drivetrain loss, your bhp rating before the new TB was about 335hp at the crank...compared to the factory rating of 300hp in a regular car, with the factory exhaust and stuff.

I really hate to say it...but without a run on an actual Cadillac......none of the result apply to any of us. Well, maybe those few that have modified there exhaust to reduce backpressure..but we'll still never see those numbers. The regular cars dyno at abotu 225-230 or so whp, which equates to a 25% loss from 300hp (based on L37 engine). To make such an increase in hp would require a difference between your seup, and factory. I'm willing ot bet it's the exhaust.

eldorado1
02-01-06, 10:07 PM
Your not using the stock exhaust manifolds on it are you? I can't imagine why anyone would in such an application, seeing as how there's room for improvement being more space and all. Plus, you don't have to use the crossover. If this is the case......I doubt the TB would have nearly the same increase in power on an actual Cadillac, seeing as how the exhaust side would be so much more restrictive. Can you describe how your exhaust syetm is setup?

Yep. Remember I don't have power steering too. Exhaust is completely stock, withs stock crossover, and 2.5" pipe to dual cats and dual full size superturbo mufflers. Fairly restrictive, but quiet (just how I like it).

I don't have room for headers, if that's what you're asking.

danbuc
02-01-06, 10:09 PM
Hmmm......I wonder..

Are you axles factory, or are they a shorter size? What about the diameter, and weight of the rear wheels? I'm just trying to see how you got such a high number on the dyno. Unless every dyno that's been used to test a factory car thus far has been some cheapo POS..which is entirely possible. I noticed that they used a DynoJet there...which are in most cases, very accurate.

eldorado1
02-01-06, 10:14 PM
The most likely reason for the higher than stock numbers, is a good tune. Stock AFR runs about 12.6:1 (rich). I leaned it out to 13:1 at WOT. That, in addition to no power steering, and a k&n cone (I know... I know... I just haven't found a decent stock filter that will fit in my engine bay... It's on my to-do list to get rid of it)

danbuc
02-01-06, 11:15 PM
What did you do to lean it out...mess with the FPR? Or are you using an OBDI powertrain? The removeal of the powersteering probably play a larger role in that power increase then some would think. These are heavy cars, and require alot of force to steer the wheels. It's understandable how the PS pump would eat up some noticable power. With what you've mention abotu how your still using the stock exhaust (manifolds and ccrossover), I bet we might see similar result.

eldorado1
02-01-06, 11:28 PM
No, changing the FPR would be corrected by the computer. You have to go into the chip itself to change the WOT commanded AFR. I think we've strayed off topic for a bit now though...

danbuc
02-01-06, 11:47 PM
Ehh...I guess so.....

eldorado1
02-01-06, 11:55 PM
I put a new ad on ebay... C'mon people! buy buy buy! You get 10 more lb-ft of torque off idle all the way up to 4700+! You guys looooove torque! Ugh... It's like trying to sell timeshares... yeesh.

mtflight
02-02-06, 01:00 AM
It's like trying to sell timeshares... yeesh.

LOL! I think timeshares are easier to sell--how unfortunate. I hope they sell like pancakes, man.

davesdeville
02-02-06, 08:43 AM
So you have the stock crossover, then dual exhaust from there out? No Y pipe then. Maybe that's a restriction on Caddys.

I'll buy one when I have the cash (and when the 93-95s are ready.) It's second in line of "stuff to buy for the Eldo," right behind rims that will fit the nice tires I bought thinking that they would fit my current rims. But it's before a cutout, nitrous, and a lip spoiler, so #2 out of 5 is pretty good.

Aurora40
02-02-06, 01:27 PM
Okay, I took the best baseline and the best with the 80mm throttle body.

What about the other runs? How many did you make? What's the average gain of the top three runs in each configuration?

eldorado1
02-02-06, 01:37 PM
What about the other runs? How many did you make? What's the average gain of the top three runs in each configuration?

I made a total of 5 runs (actually more, but they aren't valid because of stupid things like the parking brake being left on, etc) . The "before" average was 247hp, 256tq peak the "after" average was 255hp, 257tq peak.

You know what though, now that I think about it, I'm starting to wonder if it was running long enough before the dyno pulls to get out of afterstart enrichment... In any case, I have no plans to go back.

MichSTS
02-19-07, 11:34 AM
Do you have the Throttle bodies for the 94S

eldorado1
02-19-07, 04:09 PM
No. Don't make them anymore.

Lock please...

urbanski
02-19-07, 05:01 PM
No. Don't make them anymore.

Lock please...

ok..