: Can some offer some input on this.

04CTSVFLA
12-14-05, 08:00 PM
Is this worth 325? What will I gain?... in addition I plan on having volant cai and a ported tb from lingenfelter o katch.High Horse Performance, Inc. Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensors for 2004 Cadillac CTS-V LS6; Black w/Cold Air Tuning (http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=398). Thanks!

lawfive
12-14-05, 08:07 PM
I asked this same question. Consensus from the experts: the Granatelli MAF sensor offers no gains.

04CTSVFLA
12-14-05, 08:15 PM
even when applied with the ported throttle body and the cai???? I wouldnt expect gains, strictly from the Gran. MAF sensor, on a stock car. But I think maybe with the addition of a ported tb and cai you might expect gains, strictly from the Gran. MAF sensor maybe close to 5rwhp? Listen to what they advertise :
In addition, they are Dyno proven to add 10-23 rear wheel horsepower and Flow bench tested to provide 47% more air than stock mass airflow sensorsIn addition, they are Dyno proven to add 10-23 rear wheel horsepower and Flow bench tested to provide 47% more air than stock mass airflow sensors

crowan
12-14-05, 08:31 PM
even when applied with the ported throttle body and the cai???? I wouldnt expect gains, strictly from the Gran. MAF sensor, on a stock car. But I think maybe with the addition of a ported tb and cai you might expect gains, strictly from the Gran. MAF sensor maybe close to 5rwhp? Listen to what they advertise : In addition, they are Dyno proven to add 10-23 rear wheel horsepower and Flow bench tested to provide 47% more air than stock mass airflow sensors

Dyno proven? What they advertise? Stop, you're killing me!!:histeric: :histeric:

Now I know who is buying all the Enzyte!

CR

lawfive
12-14-05, 09:13 PM
Methinks Crowan is hesitant to accept the veracity of their claims at face value...

When I asked (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45869&highlight=granatelli), I was pointed to http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40084&highlight=mass+air and http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44140&highlight=granatelli. I quit thinking about it. YMMV.

04CTSVFLA
12-14-05, 10:12 PM
uhh crowan if you read what i said than u would take that back.

I said the gains would be closer to 5 rwhp if you also have the addition of volant + ported tb which would maybe total equal 15-25 rwhp. I was simply noting that Granatelli advertises gains of 10-23 rwhp plus flow bench tested to give 47% more air than stock mafs. I understand thats unreasonable.

ace996
12-14-05, 10:31 PM
04CTSVFLA,
I assume that those advertised gains are from a motor that has extensive work. You'd need a much greater airflow requirement (heads/cam) to see real gains from it. For the money, IMO, not a worthy mod. For cheaper you could delete your cats and probably pick-up more power.
-ace

04CTSVFLA
12-14-05, 10:46 PM
thanks ace.

crowan
12-14-05, 10:50 PM
uhh crowan if you read what i said than u would take that back.

I said the gains would be closer to 5 rwhp if you also have the addition of volant + ported tb which would maybe total equal 15-25 rwhp. I was simply noting that Granatelli advertises gains of 10-23 rwhp plus flow bench tested to give 47% more air than stock mafs. I understand thats unreasonable.

Hence, my point about their claims: Companies making ridiculous claims for products costing top dollar should probably be avoided entirely, not rationalized by assuming that the product must have some redeeming value.

Buyer beware. Spend your money somewhere more productive.

CVP33
12-14-05, 11:11 PM
A plastic dashboard Jesus statue and rosery beads hanging from the rear view mirror will add more rwhp. The Pope told me so. As for Granatelli, the Pope says he's FOS.

lasstss
12-14-05, 11:26 PM
A plastic dashboard Jesus statue and rosery beads hanging from the rear view mirror will add more rwhp. The Pope told me so. As for Granatelli, the Pope says he's FOS.
I got the plastic Jesus ridin on the dashboard of my car.
I can drive a hundred miles an hour as long as I got the almighty power hanging there beneath my fuzzy dice!:thepan:

ace996
12-15-05, 12:12 AM
Guys, I also roll on HolyGhostPower, but for the times when I'm looking to really make extra power...

I always thought one's mind held the most potential for improvement but on second thought...yes..definately...gauges add the MOST power. Just make sure to get the electronic fluid-filled gauges , as they add the MOST power of any gauge. Second, I'd go with the lighted valve-stem caps, matching the new gauge color, as those are the second best power adders. And finally, the cherry-on-top of all tuner cars, yep..the one that will force everyone to grab their crotches in envy-inducing pain and $hit themselves silly over how much power is added when you rev the engine in the Crispy Creme parking lot is....the dashboard mounted hula girl. You can find these at car-washes nationwide, although you'll need to know someone who works there and even then you'll owe them big time for the install, as it is quite complicated and time consuming. Many powerful hydrolics needed for laser leveling and positioning for optimal adhesion.

*****Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for longevity or reliability of your engine with these mod recommendations as most dealers will void warranties at the mere mention of Hula Girl. Only correctly color-matched gauge-stemcap-hula girl power packages will be warrantied, excluding the green-skirt hula girl (StageIII) as proper dyno testing has not been completed. Any hula skirt that has been removed or altered(shortened) will void warranty in full and may require the vehicle owner to attend an eight-week cronic masturbation rehabilitation program and excellerated potty-training course at local DMV*****

Have fun and don't do drugs,
ace996

wildwhl
12-15-05, 01:12 AM
Hence, my point about their claims: Companies making ridiculous claims for products costing top dollar should probably be avoided entirely, not rationalized by assuming that the product must have some redeeming value.

Buyer beware. Spend your money somewhere more productive.

Sorry, I can't resist here...but isn't this an accurate description of the CTS-V? Sure, I love her - but 0-60 in 4.7...only one diff/recall/sunvisor/radiator per car...ahhh...I digress...it just seems like a Cadillac claim, but it does have some redeeming values :stirpot:

Don't buy the MAF, it is a waste of money, I can assure you.

crowan
12-15-05, 01:35 AM
Sorry, I can't resist here...but isn't this an accurate description of the CTS-V? Sure, I love her - but 0-60 in 4.7...only one diff/recall/sunvisor/radiator per car...ahhh...I digress...it just seems like a Cadillac claim, but it does have some redeeming values :stirpot:

Don't buy the MAF, it is a waste of money, I can assure you.

:histeric: There's always a troublemaker.:want:

Actually I thought about Caddies advertising when I wrote the first post, but the V does delivery real speed performance (albeit not 4.7), great handling, and can be had for a relative bargain. So, the V escapes the title of "Automotive Enzyte," but some dealers and their sad service departments are trying their best to pull it in that direction.

CVP33
12-15-05, 02:01 PM
Guys, I also roll on HolyGhostPower, but for the times when I'm looking to really make extra power...

I always thought one's mind held the most potential for improvement but on second thought...yes..definately...gauges add the MOST power. Just make sure to get the electronic fluid-filled gauges , as they add the MOST power of any gauge. Second, I'd go with the lighted valve-stem caps, matching the new gauge color, as those are the second best power adders. And finally, the cherry-on-top of all tuner cars, yep..the one that will force everyone to grab their crotches in envy-inducing pain and $hit themselves silly over how much power is added when you rev the engine in the Crispy Creme parking lot is....the dashboard mounted hula girl. You can find these at car-washes nationwide, although you'll need to know someone who works there and even then you'll owe them big time for the install, as it is quite complicated and time consuming. Many powerful hydrolics needed for laser leveling and positioning for optimal adhesion.

*****Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for longevity or reliability of your engine with these mod recommendations as most dealers will void warranties at the mere mention of Hula Girl. Only correctly color-matched gauge-stemcap-hula girl power packages will be warrantied, excluding the green-skirt hula girl (StageIII) as proper dyno testing has not been completed. Any hula skirt that has been removed or altered(shortened) will void warranty in full and may require the vehicle owner to attend an eight-week cronic masturbation rehabilitation program and excellerated potty-training course at local DMV*****

Have fun and don't do drugs,
ace996

Please no, not the Hula Girl. Freakin' hilarious. :histeric: