: Stock Sub enclosure for rear? P/N?

womsterr
12-14-05, 04:32 PM
Folks. I'm wanting to add a second sub in the rear of my 05. There is a place in the rear where there used to be an enclosure. Now it looks like a speaker grill but there is nothing back there. Does anyone know the p/n for the enclosre that goes in there? I thought it might be easy to pop another 8" in the back there.

thanks...T

Sinisterj
12-14-05, 05:10 PM
I may not be 100% correct but i think that the rear panel is where the sub was in some older models and now it is in the center console. So therefore there may be no PN for the sub that was there. I have seen many people but a JL 8w0 in right there and claim it sounds pretty good. My stereo shop said that it they wouldnt put a sub in there b/c it would sound bad... but thats just thier opinion or they cant figure out how to do it. I wish I would have put one in there!

womsterr
12-14-05, 05:39 PM
Right - I know it was only on older models but I want it to fab into my new one. I just was looking to the enclosure for the back there that I can mate up and cut out the fake grill. So..anyone with the old p/n?

hcvone
12-15-05, 08:27 AM
Don't know the part number, it was used before the Bose was offered in Tahoe's models. :)

Sinisterj
01-03-06, 06:40 PM
The part number you are looking for is 15060878 its is the enclosure/amp/sub

05 Cadillac Escalade
01-04-06, 09:24 AM
Wait. Are you saying that on my 05 Escalade, the sub is actually installed in the center console and not in the rear compartment? If this is true, I will definitly look into a stealthbox for the rear and possibly replacing the stock in the center with a JL sub, depending on what fits.

Thanks.

Sinisterj
01-04-06, 10:10 AM
Wait. Are you saying that on my 05 Escalade, the sub is actually installed in the center console and not in the rear compartment? If this is true, I will definitly look into a stealthbox for the rear and possibly replacing the stock in the center with a JL sub, depending on what fits.

Thanks.

On the 2002 models the sub & amp is located in the rear panel. On the 03-up its located in the center console.

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the 02 is called enhanced audio not bose. Therefore i do not think that the sub/amp on the 02 is the exact same as on the 05. I would not mess with wiring on the factory sub/amp b/c I have heard without the factory sub/amp connected the whole bose system will not work.

I was just posting the part number for anyone who maybe wanted to buy the factory sub enclosure from an 02 to put a JL sub or equivelent and amp to compliment thier factory bose system.

rc007
05-10-06, 03:26 AM
I just had a JL 10W3 installed in my 05 escalde. I am very pleased with the outcome. Way better than I had expected. Didn't take much to pop that cover off and have them build a box that would be covered by the stock plastic piece. Used a considerable amount of dynamat and silicone, but the outcome was a hard hitting sub.

Rich

strykr
05-10-06, 06:05 PM
rc007

you used a 10" sub/box and was still able to use the stock plastic piece to cover the setup? sounds nice!! any pics? who did the work?

rc007
05-10-06, 10:23 PM
I will post some pics when I get my baby back on Friday. After getting the sub installed, I found out that the stock speaker set-up wasn't cutting it. It is now getting a full complement of Focal k2p's, JL amps and the new alpine iva-w200 and navigation unit. I wanted to keep it inexpensive, but got kind of carried away. Audio addict, I guess you could say. There is a lot more room than you expect behind the rear right plastic enclosure. I heard of another guy in town that installed a 12" sub in the same spot. Look for the pics this weekend.

fast66
05-11-06, 04:46 AM
Folks. I'm wanting to add a second sub in the rear of my 05. There is a place in the rear where there used to be an enclosure. Now it looks like a speaker grill but there is nothing back there. Does anyone know the p/n for the enclosre that goes in there? I thought it might be easy to pop another 8" in the back there.

thanks...T

I thought you owned an ext?

i didnt think the subwoofer was in the back

sorry not part no.