: simple question...interior noise(s)

obzidian
12-14-05, 04:47 AM
Ok, basically, i have noticed a few squeaks and rattles that i havent really seen on this board. MAybe im wording the search wrong, but nothing.

One, is the sunroof. Whenever its close completely, it sqeeks over any kind of bump or imperfection in the road surface. For example, if im going into a raised driveway for a gas station, it will sound like its shifting and squeak.... the ame sound if you push up on the rear section of the glass.

Two, the interior door locks seem to also shift around a rattle alot!!! It sounds like they are either causing a sound due to the friction between the lock and the pocket that there are in OR.....the lock it self is rattling around because its a bit loose on its mount. Also, ALL of the locks rattle!!!!!

Another is a newer sound coming from the rear which i feel that it sounds like a squeaky bushing, might be the GM TSB bushings but will check that.

Oh, got a few others but they are minor. Im really not this pick but this car is the most i have ever spent on a new car and find this a bit unacceptable, though i rode in a 04' s500 which had its fair share of interior noise.

So, any ideas......

Im going to, which is quite hard when i love driving this car......taking the car to the dealer, and having the all of this looked, including the trans and the shifter, got a weird clicking noise when shifting into/out of 4th, 5th, or 3rd gear. Also, the shifter wont buged and i think either the clutch isnt fully disengaging or the syncro'z might be done.....

The rear is whining bad and will be replaced, has been looked at already and having them check for the tsb on the sticky clutch pedal...

ayways. its late...any ideas on these rattles....am i the only one with this much of an obsession?! :)

04CTSVforMe
12-14-05, 12:04 PM
On occasion I seem to hear something from over my left shoulder, but the one that drives me nuts is in the center stack.

It has to be on the lower left hand side, like next to or behind the "ashtray", because if I push my right knee against the console it stops.

Very minor, and my wife thinks I'm crazy for even hearing it, but it is always there and it bugs me.

Also, I noticed the exact same noise and "knee fix" on a CTS loaner they gave me while I had the V in the dealer shop. :rant2:

obzidian
12-14-05, 12:25 PM
dude, i hear ya. MY wifie thinks im going nuts with all of these issues with the V.

She loves the car and wouldnt change it, not even a simple full exhaust!!! I sometimes, when we're just cruising around, i turn the volume down and ask her "do you hear that?"

I get the same face everytime now...."No, i dont hear anything."
ARGHHHHH!!!! Bullsh*t!! I love her to death but man... :) :) I know im not going crazy!!!

Barak
12-14-05, 12:28 PM
On occasion I seem to hear something from over my left shoulder,

Two, the interior door locks seem to also shift around a rattle alot!!! It sounds like they are either causing a sound due to the friction between the lock and the pocket that there are in OR.....the lock it self is rattling around because its a bit loose on its mount.

I had the same thing. I found that it is caused by the way the door panel clips are secured to the door panel. If you remove the door panel you will see that they are able to rattle like mad. I took each clip off the door panel and wrapped them in teflon tape.

lawfive
12-14-05, 12:34 PM
...but the one that drives me nuts is in the center stack.

It has to be on the lower left hand side, like next to or behind the "ashtray", because if I push my right knee against the console it stops.

Very minor, and my wife thinks I'm crazy for even hearing it, but it is always there and it bugs me.

Also, I noticed the exact same noise and "knee fix" on a CTS loaner they gave me while I had the V in the dealer shop. :rant2:

I had that. I put a slice of that fake foam rubber you can buy at an arts & crafts store in the little space between the center stack (under the ash tray) and the center console; just enough to put a little upward pressure on the stack. Noise gone.

I also have a "comes and goes" loud squeak when I open my front windows. If I take a dry rag to the rubber molding that the window slides against, the squeak goes away for months. Eventually comes back on one side or the other, though.

No sunroof noise or door lock rattle. I use the lasstss billet door lock knobs; they be nice and tight. "Mmmm, nice & tight..."

DrivingAmericanNow
12-14-05, 12:50 PM
Funny, I haven't got any of the rattles you all have mentioned yet, but I do have one from the steering column, or maybe from the collar that's wrapped around it. I've since shoved a folded up piece of paper under that collar to give a constant pressure and the rattle seems 85% gone.

I'm with you guys who get driven wacky by these rattles. I can't rest until I shut them the |= (_) ( |< up

CVP33
12-14-05, 05:49 PM
Obzidian,

You're not alone. I have all the rattles and squeaks you mentioned. I chalked it up to torque and I'm living with it for now.