: DAMNIT it's cold outside.....

danbuc
12-14-05, 02:01 AM
I just went out to 7-11 to get a snack (Snapple mint iced-tea and nachos) and it was 7 degrees outside. I knew it was supposed to be cold, but damn. I had a t-shirt and my leather jacket on and that was it. Went to open my car door, and had to wrestle with it for a second to get it open. I can't wait to get down to Florida, so I don't have to deal with this anymore. To anyone here on the Eastern Seaboard in the Northern Tri-state area, I would seriously think twice abotu driving anywhere right now, unless you want to freeze to death waiting for the car to warm up. It's sucks too, becuase the 7-11 is like a block away from me, so the coolatn temp barely moves at all. All I've got to keep from freezing is my asswarmer......and that's nowhere near enough heat.:annoyed:

DopeStar 156
12-14-05, 03:35 AM
Leather ain't too great in the cold. I have a leather long coat I wear and it's not that great.... However it looks hot on me so I wear it anyway. Haha. layers is the key, and buy some thermals. Thermals are God.

danbuc
12-14-05, 03:40 AM
Ehhh....I was only out for about 10 minutes, so it wouldn't have been worth it to put all those layers on for such a short trip. On the other hand......maybe it would have been, seeing as I froze my ass off on the way there and back.

DopeStar 156
12-14-05, 03:48 AM
Hahaha. You'll find yourself huddling by the coffee machines in 7Eleven for warmth. 7Eleven is also God by the way. I love that place! Cappuccinnos in the winter and Slurpees in the summer...... I developed a pretty bad Slurpee addiction last summer when they had the Star Wars hologram cups with Vader lids. I bought one every day until I had all the cups and a lid for each one.

danbuc
12-14-05, 04:22 AM
I've got one of those Darth Vader cups sitting on my shelf in my room. They just opened this 7-11 here recently, and it's usually pretty quiet there early in the morning. I was the only one there when I walked in.

danbuc
12-14-05, 04:26 AM
Hmmm....just checked weather.com and now it says it's 3 degrees outside. Glad I went when I did. I'm kind of thirsty now though...:( I think I've got some root beers in the fridge...OUTSIDE....damnit. Oh well, I guess it's outside I go.:thumbsup:

edit:You know it's cold outside, when you huddle next to the open refrigerator door in your garage for warmth. I got my two cans of root beer. I was too lazy to put on a jacket, so I just went out there in my t-shirt.....which sucked. I have to say though, that it wasn't all that bad. I couldn't feel my finger tips after I walked back inside and put down the sodas for abotu 3 seconds, but that's cool. Whatever, as long as I'm not thirsty anymore.

turbojimmy
12-14-05, 06:19 AM
I had a t-shirt and my leather jacket on and that was it.

I froze my ass off on the way there and back.

Pants might have helped in that situation :p

It's 5 degrees right now and I gotta go to work soon. I still have to work some bugs out of the new remote starter, but I've been lovin' it the past couple of days. I hit it about 10 mins before I need to go and the car is toasty when I get in it. Nevermind that there's a rats nest of wires dangling by my feet.

Jim

davesdeville
12-14-05, 06:32 AM
It's 4:30 am and it's 27* here. There was a cold snap when it got down to like 13*, and that just plain sucks.

Oh, and SCREW 7-11. I went there on Black Friday before work, and the douchebags have it so their coffee machine doesn't work until 5am. Damn them.

Sandy
12-14-05, 07:53 AM
DANBUC, move down to Essex County. Heatwave in Bloomfield! 13 degrees out there.

Boombotz
12-14-05, 09:13 AM
It is 50 degrees here. I am freezing!!!!:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

slk230mb
12-14-05, 09:22 AM
Its -2* in lovely Binghamton right now.

dbdartman
12-14-05, 12:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing... :cookoo:

It's 5 degrees right now and I gotta go to work soon. I still have to work some bugs out of the new remote starter, but I've been lovin' it the past couple of days. I hit it about 10 mins before I need to go and the car is toasty when I get in it. Nevermind that there's a rats nest of wires dangling by my feet.
Jim

Greatest accessory since factory A/C! I'm LOVIN' the remote start these last couple weeks.:D

mccombie_5
12-14-05, 01:00 PM
Its 3*C here at the moment, it was -1 last night though, pretty cold this morning, little patches of ice about on the roads.

thu
12-14-05, 01:00 PM
I just went out to 7-11 to get a snack (Snapple mint iced-tea and nachos) and it was 7 degrees outside.

You drove ONE BLOCK??!?!?!? LOL. What a nasty thing to do to an engine. :(

gdwriter
12-14-05, 04:35 PM
It is 50 degrees here. I am freezing!!!!:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

You deserve all those snowbirds, then. :D

When I lived in Phoenix, people would bitch when the temperature dropped below 60.

It's been in the 20s most mornings the past couple of weeks in Oregon. But the skies are relatively clear.

Thank goodness I got the heat working in my Caddy.

Betty doesn't like to start in the cold weather; still futzing with the automatic choke on the old Rochester 4GC carb without success. But once she warms up, she runs fine, and her heater blows hot, too.

Playdrv4me
12-14-05, 06:16 PM
I am such a wimp... I lived in Wichita, KS and Scranton, PA of all places... and Im already turning on the heater in my apartment here in Florida for 45-50F!!!

Its amazing how fast that winter skin wears off. I can NOT STAND cold though, I hate it with a passion.

danbuc
12-14-05, 06:20 PM

Oh, I had pants on. I was just saying I was too lazy to put on a coat. Walking outside in 3 degree weather with no pants sounds like something Ralph would do...hehe.:shhh:

DopeStar 156
12-14-05, 08:32 PM
LOL! It's supposed to warm up here this weekend. I still have the same snow on my Caddy since last Friday. I haven't started that car in a week....