: Just bought 06 Black on Cashmere 12/10/05

Davidstan
12-13-05, 08:28 PM
Newly converted from being a Ford guy the past 4 years. Henessey Cadillac in Atlanta made me a deal and I bit.

Love the car but have been read only on this site for the last month learning about the car and decided the pros outweighed the cons at this price point.
I've driven the car for 3 days and WOW. No problems that i can tell (no clunk and whineing) Babyied it so far....how many miles appox. does one need to baby this car before letting loose?

Not used to the GM homelink and having trouble programming my opener. Followed the owners manual and still no luck. No smart button on the receiver but i'll keep trying.

Again, love this car and this website makes the ownership experience even better.

Davidstan:yup:

Joey'sVee
12-13-05, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the site! What's going to be your first mod???

CVP33
12-13-05, 08:43 PM
500 mile break in should suffice. Be sure to change your oil. First couple of changes will surprise you. Lot's of metal. Around 1,500 you'll want swap the rear diff' fluid too. More metal. It's all normal and nothing to worry about. Welcome to the party.

HM will be along shortly :duck:

GT04CTS-V
12-13-05, 08:46 PM
Yep. 2500 miles - swap out the radiator, 4500 miles - swap out the diff, 5000 miles - new nav/radio.......

Nawww - just joking - Welcome to the forum.:welcome: Time to mod.

GT

Davidstan
12-13-05, 08:52 PM
Not sure about mods yet. I put a borla on my 2002 T bird and that was a great Mod as the Ford exhaust sounded like a Tauras. Probably appearance mods first like tint windows. My V had no options, sunroof now std. RSA tires.
Would like to have polished wheels instead of the stock ones i guess. Corsa maybe later. Maggies would be too much for me....cant imagine 500 HP.

lawfive
12-13-05, 09:08 PM
Not sure about mods yet. I put a borla on my 2002 T bird and that was a great Mod as the Ford exhaust sounded like a Tauras. Probably appearance mods first like tint windows. My V had no options, sunroof now std. RSA tires.
Would like to have polished wheels instead of the stock ones i guess. Corsa maybe later. Maggies would be too much for me....cant imagine 500 HP.

585 HP :cool2:

:welcome:

stkshkr
12-14-05, 03:17 AM
Did you get rid of your Tbird? I had a black 2003 with lots of mods and loved it....but not as much as the V
Welcome!

heavymetals
12-14-05, 03:30 AM

Your in for it now!

(Someone else can tell you your DOOMED!)

:histeric:

Davidstan
12-14-05, 08:32 AM
Traded the Bird in w/ 18 000 miles. I was looking for some more tech and performance than the Bird could offer.

Staxxin
12-14-05, 09:32 AM

thefly
12-14-05, 10:06 AM
Not used to the GM homelink and having trouble programming my opener. Followed the owners manual and still no luck. No smart button on the receiver but i'll keep trying.

i had a lot of trouble with mine. if you have a rolling code garage door opener. you need to do steps 1-4 first (basically get homelink mated to the current code from your remote), then press the learn button on the opener and press the homelink button for 2 seconds and release and press again. it seems if it doesn't get programmed with the previous code it will not learn. i agree it was confusing, have had homelink before i don't remember it being this hard, or working this way.

chesrowncadillac
12-14-05, 07:14 PM
Thank You David for giving me a shot to earn your business,if it could have been a different color we would have been in good shape.Congrats...and welcome to the site!

crowan
12-14-05, 07:28 PM
Traded the Bird in w/ 18 000 miles. I was looking for some more tech and performance than the Bird could offer.

Well, you found it. Congrats on the purchase.

Get yourself an exhaust. When you can hear and feel the 400 ponies, it is an entirely different car.

CR

ahahnu
12-14-05, 11:00 PM
Welcome, I'm sure since you've been reading your addicted. Enjoy your new favorite toy!