: Temperature sensor - another problem...

Flyerfan
12-18-03, 01:35 PM
My climate control thinks that it's 89 degrees outside. Not a bad thought...but it's December and I'm in Connecticut. Sometimes, it goes to the mid 90's and rarely goes as low as the 70's....

Where is this damn sensor located?...Oops...the language. I was told the part is about $15, but it does no good if I can't find out where to put the part...(hold that thought).

Anyway, my climate control is all whacked out because of this. I'd appreciate anyone helping me out with how to change this sensor...or should I just let Mr. &$%@ Wrench fix it?

Rich
Senior Pilot, 94 Deville Concours
_________
'73 Fleetwood
'77 Coupe
'78 Fleetwood
'93 DeVille
'93 Eldo

DaveSmed
12-18-03, 05:08 PM
I think the car is trying to give you a hint.... ;) The sensor is usually located behind the grille in front of the radiator.

mike98c
12-18-03, 07:52 PM
I think the car is trying to give you a hint.... ;) The sensor is usually located behind the grille in front of the radiator.On my car looks almost like a bullet with a wire harness.

JimD
12-18-03, 08:06 PM
The outside temperature sensor located somewhere between the grille and the A/C condensor coils (as in "outside" the car) only controls the OUTSIDE TEMP display wherever it is located on your particular dash panel.

Not connected in any way, shape, manner, or form to the temperature control inside the car.

There is also a temperature sensor located somewhere inside your car.

You have two unrelated problems.

Jim

Yaemish
12-21-03, 08:41 PM
DI dyou ever find the temp sensor? I also need one and autozone doesn't have one, anyone know where I can find it?

Flyerfan
12-22-03, 08:20 AM
DI dyou ever find the temp sensor? I also need one and autozone doesn't have one, anyone know where I can find it?
If I can stop Christmas shopping, I could devote time to fixing it. The price quote I got for the sensor (outside) was from the dealership and it was around $15...that's cheap enough for me.

PerryT
12-22-03, 09:15 AM
I just started having the same problems with my car. Turned out the sensor was working fine. It just came loose and sandwiched itself between the a/c condensor and the radiator. The clip that secures it was broken so I just tie wrapped it back on.

Perry

airbalancer
12-22-03, 05:24 PM
I had a bad temp sensor replaced at the dealership it was only about $80 with parts and labour