: 06 with dvd nav - can it do MP3

vertex117
12-13-05, 07:55 AM
I just bought an 06 escalade, and it has the DVD nav / Bose system in it.
I know the 05s cannot play mp3 discs, but the 07s can. anyone know if the 2006 model has this capability?
http://www.vertexpc.com/e.JPG

slk230mb
12-13-05, 10:22 AM
My guess is no, since the 06 most likely got the same head unit as the 05.

vertex117
12-13-05, 10:27 AM
well, as soon as i get a chance, i will test it, and let everyone know for sure.

loanman
12-13-05, 02:19 PM
I have an 03 escalade with 05 touchscreen nav and I can play mp3's downloaded from my I-tunes. The trick is that it has to be a writable disc not a rewriteable disc. The difference is that the writeable disc once burned cannot be burned again and is locked with that info. I tried putting in a rewritable burned disc and it did not work, but the writeable one did! Now I have about 17 songs that I downloaded from Itunes on that writeable disc and it works great!

vertex117
12-13-05, 04:15 PM
I have an 03 escalade with 05 touchscreen nav and I can play mp3's downloaded from my I-tunes. The trick is that it has to be a writable disc not a rewriteable disc. The difference is that the writeable disc once burned cannot be burned again and is locked with that info. I tried putting in a rewritable burned disc and it did not work, but the writeable one did! Now I have about 17 songs that I downloaded from Itunes on that writeable disc and it works great!
that sounds more like mp3s that were converted to regular cd audio
I am looking to pack 100-200 songs on a cd in mp3 format.

....unless someone makes a device to interface with an ipod through the touchscreen....hmmm

loanman
12-13-05, 04:27 PM
GOTCHA, you can hook up the ipod though. There are plenty of companys out there that you can do that with. I have a Ipod nano that I run directly through the touchscreen and can control through the steering wheel functions. The functions are limited but you can scroll through songs, change tracks etc. I used a soundgate kngm1 because I wanted to put Sirius radio in and then bought a kenwood ipod converter and daisy chained through the sirius to be able to pick up without loosing the cd player. You can also do the same thing and hook up the Ipod without the Sirius radio, just need the soundgate converter and the kenwood ipod converter. There are alot of companys that will allow you to hook up the ipod to the touchscreen just do a search here for ipod and I am sure you will find plenty of choices.