: Urby...speak to us the truth of deadening 101

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:11 PM
So, how much difference has your extensive deadening attempts really made?

The real reason the xpipe/headers might come off is an attempt to keep the wife/neighbors happy, however, I've been know to trade those in too :eek:

Give me the run down, please, of which areas you'd recommend and how much material...

WW

ssmith100
12-12-05, 11:26 PM
Make's a 100% difference in sound in the car. I can barely hear my B&B now. All exhaust noise is also no coming from the rear of the car.It takes a lomg time to do it right and at least 2 bulk packs to do the rear of the car. No more rattles and creaks. To do the rest of the car (doors) probably another bulk pack.

Shane

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:35 PM
How about floorboard area?

ssmith100
12-12-05, 11:47 PM
I'm pulling carpet and seats after the rear portion of the car is done. Having to take a break from that a while because of finger pain. After the racks in I'll pull the front seats.

Shane

urbanski
12-13-05, 08:25 AM
ww, in all honesty, cruising on the highway neutral throttle, i hear as much wind noise and exhaust noise. Road noise it better, too.
Low speed, like though my neighborhood, i actually hear the engine noises over the exhaust. It's 100% wife friendly now.
The 36ft i just bought i plan to redo the front doors, a-pillars, some of the very back of the trunk, front floor, and whatever firewall i can reach. I have no plans to rip the front seats out since IMO not much noise comes from under the floor directly.
Call Anthony at secondskinaudio (their web is down right now) 800.679.8511
ask if his 36ft pack of Damplifier Pro is still on sale (it was about 80 bux, 17 shipping) and get three packs. Ask him to join here, too, like I did :)
peace

urbanski
12-13-05, 03:54 PM
Got the 36ft Damplifier Pro today,
17Lbs.
Remember, that's with the paper backing in place, so you lose some weight with application. For those concerned with weight, 3 x 17 = 51.
I can't see how anyone would object to adding less than 51lbs to their car, for the tremendous benefit it would serve you.

lawfive
12-13-05, 04:40 PM
Heh... WW's decided to go stealth on the inside instead.

TXSilverV
12-13-05, 11:16 PM
hey law what is TB bypass and what does it do?

lawfive
12-14-05, 12:31 PM
It's the world's cheapest mod. Pull off the rubber tubes running coolant through the throttle body and connect them together. The smart guys here say that the coolant is actually hotter than the TB gets by itself, so the air charge stays cooler with the bypass.