: Darn driver seat 4th time to dealer

DBrisson
12-12-05, 09:28 PM
04 escalade has been to the dealer 3 times already for driver seat problems and now the 4th.

First time: A cable got pinched and torn between the track needed a new harness, the short cause havoc with memory and heater controls

Second time: Front tilt motor bad

Third time: Resulted from a bad install on the second time which had 2 stripped bols and the electronics not placed correctly under the seat. So the whole thing was rocking and making noise plus the memory was intermittant

Now again the front tilt assembly locks up intermittantly, especially when cold, you can see the motor try to drive past it but it cant due to the breaker.
Plus the front slider motor mounting plastic is broken and laying under the seat.

I hope they get this right sometime soon..

:banghead:

hcvone
12-13-05, 08:56 AM
That really sucks, I have been very lucky, 1 time to the dealer within the first week for a bad HID ballast, since then not a problem, that was 3 years ago.

DBrisson
12-13-05, 07:40 PM
I cannot fault the dealer to much they have been great with the exception of attention to detail under the seat. We will see tomorrow

hcvone
12-13-05, 10:04 PM
Their poor work did cost you another trip to see them. :(

DBrisson
12-14-05, 09:14 PM
Looks like the from motor plastic was broken and the entire seat riser assy was ordered again. Hopefully it will be in and completed tomorrow.