: Ok Just missed third really bad....

04CTSVFLA
12-12-05, 07:10 PM
Was racing a Mustang GT, when I shifted from 2-3rd I missed 3rd and heard a loud pop bang sound. I got worried. What could of happened? It might of just been me being paranoid but my rear end felt a little wierd afterwards.

also how do i go about getting my synchros and transmission looked at. I have told my dealership that something feels wierd with my clutch/synchos/tranny...but they havent done anything about it.
Would these parts be covered under warranty and replaced at no extra charge?

GOTTSPD
12-12-05, 07:15 PM
With all due respect, the dealership should not cover it. They may, but they shouldn't. You've just told the entire online that you did something that broke your car. Why should GM have to pay for your actions? If you were shifting normally and it broke, then GM should pay, but you said you did it.

lawfive
12-12-05, 07:17 PM
Did you miss the gear entirely (free revs) or did you deactuate the clutch in mid shift (grind-grind)? Or did you hit fifth instead of third?

With respect to your transmission weirdness: dealer performance on warranty claims appears to be all over the map. It's a part of the drivetrain that SHOULD be covered under both normal and extended warranty, but YMMV based on your mods and whether it's your dealer's time of the month.

lawfive
12-12-05, 07:18 PM
With all due respect, the dealership should not cover it. They may, but they shouldn't. You've just told the entire online that you did something that broke your car. Why should GM have to pay for your actions? If you were shifting normally and it broke, then GM should pay, but you said you did it.

I thought about saying that, but wimped out. Something about the Cadillac being built for performance makes me think that fast acceleration and rapid shifting should be within the relm of normal driving. But if you blow a shift, you blow a shift.

lawfive
12-12-05, 07:21 PM
Urby will pull this thread if you ask nicely.

Luna.
12-12-05, 07:22 PM

I suppose I'm confused.

When do we NOT do "something" that breaks our car? If you really break it down, the only way we aren't doing "something" is when the car is parked!

It's a VERY grey line and I'm not sure the answer is so cut-and-dry that the dealership should not cover it.

V Amazed
12-12-05, 07:22 PM
sounds to me like you just grinded the gear. You're not the first person to do that. Car will be fine. I Miss 3rd every once in a while, sometimes just miss it, sometimes grind it, and everything still runs perfectly. woudln't worry too much

Ben

04CTSVFLA
12-12-05, 07:29 PM

Are you being serious. Look at Gm's advertisements for this car. "BANG 0-60 in under 5 seconds. BANG - shows 2 V series cars driving aggresively through the woods. BANG the new performance V series "for the enthusiast"

How can they market the car to be DRIVEN. And then the Consumer doesnt DRIVE it. This car was built to be driven, and if shit happens from pushing it to the limit CADILLAC AND GM should cover it no questions asked. If they didnt expect lots of abusive/agressive drivers to buy this car, then they wouldnt of marketed it as such.

I understand I miss-shifted, but still I dont think saying simply because I drive the car like it was advertised that my dealership shouldnt cover items.

Lawfive - I cant really remember what happened. I believe I went to put it into third and just missed. Not into 5th. There wasnt really a grind just a loud noise that was very BANGISH :gun: I would have to say out of the three things u mentioned it was most like a free rev miss.

Thanks for any help offered.

04CTSVFLA
12-12-05, 07:30 PM
I dont think i BROKE anything by the way.

04CTSVFLA
12-12-05, 07:31 PM
is there anything to look for/feel for if my diff is cracked or w/e. I didnt hear any whining or anything. definetly always lots of clunking tho - but that has been happening ALL THE TIME, and even after numerous dealer visits my clunk is still as loud and obnoxious as day 1 - the clunk makes it sound like my cars going to break when I shift gears.

CVP33
12-12-05, 08:06 PM
I had the dealer tell me when my transmission was rebuilt that I was over reving the transmission and it was "outside the design parameters". To which I replied huh? After a little back and forth while the tech tried to show me how smart I wasn't, I reasoned with him that the LS6 was rev' limited correct? He replied yes. Then how could I over-rev the transmission that is in fact attached to the engine? Did GM actually attach a transmission that was not matched to the performance of the engine? I mean that would be like installing a rear differential that was meant to be behind a V6 or something. GM wouldn't do that would they? He quickly changed the subject. :rolleyes:

lawfive
12-12-05, 08:06 PM
If the diff internals were bad you'd hear it: whine at a minimum; worse noises more likely. If your case is cracked you'll most likely notice that you're leaving puddles of fluid.

Luna.
12-12-05, 08:10 PM
I had the dealer tell me when my transmission was rebuilt that I was over reving the transmission and it was "outside the design parameters". To which I replied huh? After a little back and forth while the tech tried to show me how smart I wasn't, I reasoned with him that the LS6 was rev' limited correct? He replied yes. Then how could I over-rev the transmission that is in fact attached to the engine? Did GM actually attach a transmission that was not matched to the performance of the engine? I mean that would be like installing a rear differential that was meant to be behind a V6 or something. GM wouldn't do that would they? He quickly changed the subject. :rolleyes:

LMAO--great story... and perfect logic...

ahahnu
12-12-05, 08:33 PM
I kinda have the same clunking noise really bad. I took her in and had the diff replaced. No noises, clunks, whines etc. 500 miles of easy driving. I didn't bash on it no hard shifts, I still think there is some glass back there. Than one day when pulling into the gas station I didn't put the clutch in fast enough, so I couldn't gently ease it in and bang. Then pulling out I could swore I herd something break. I was late to work, so I had to get there, looking in the rearview I didn't see anything (bolts or anything larger) so I kept going. Now she clunks worse then before I brought her in. In the snow. besides the wheels just sliding, I get a stuttering noise that sounds like wheelhop, but how can it be? There is no pavement to get intermitent grip.

DrivingAmericanNow
12-12-05, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned if you haven't heard anything since. I can't ever recall missing 3rd, but I've missed 5th twice. Oddly enough, the second time was with a Mustang GT, at 7,000 RPM, approaching 140. Youch....:eek:

The POP sound was probably the sound the shifter mechanism made after your "partial" gear insertion was rejected and thrown back out into neutral. Either that it was the gears coming together out of synch, but we don't want to talk about that. :thehand:

lawfive
12-12-05, 09:00 PM
New failure mode?

ctsvett
12-12-05, 09:08 PM
Luna,
Somthing breaks when its parked and its coverd, huh?!?

I believe that Barak's car was parked when his battery kept going dead and they still would not fix it without some "issues." So there goes that theory...

I guess they wont cover anything by that logic (and the funny thing is, I agree with that logic!)

Reed

Luna.
12-12-05, 09:28 PM
Luna,
Somthing breaks when its parked and its coverd, huh?!?
Reed

Well, if something breaks when it's parked and covered, I think someone would have a hard time stating that the driver/owner did something to the car to make that happen.

I believe that Barak's car was parked when his battery kept going dead and they still would not fix it without some "issues." So there goes that theory...

I guess they wont cover anything by that logic (and the funny thing is, I agree with that logic!)

Reed

Apparently, it was the fact that Barak DROVE his car that was causing the battery to die---oh--wait a minute---no--that is incorrect---it was that he left his ignition on for over 5 minutes!! :banghead:

LOL--these guys crack me up

GT04CTS-V
12-12-05, 10:14 PM
:bonkers:

The Tony Show
12-12-05, 10:15 PM
Are you being serious. Look at Gm's advertisements for this car. "BANG 0-60 in under 5 seconds. BANG - shows 2 V series cars driving aggresively through the woods. BANG the new performance V series "for the enthusiast"

How can they market the car to be DRIVEN. And then the Consumer doesnt DRIVE it. This car was built to be driven, and if shit happens from pushing it to the limit CADILLAC AND GM should cover it no questions asked. If they didnt expect lots of abusive/agressive drivers to buy this car, then they wouldnt of marketed it as such.

I understand I miss-shifted, but still I dont think saying simply because I drive the car like it was advertised that my dealership shouldnt cover items.

That's just ridiculous "logic". If you drove a Hummer off a tall rock and wrecked it, GM wouldn't pay for it just because they have a commercial showing a Hummer climbing a rock.

The "Bang" commercial you referenced did not show someone missing a shift. You weren't "pushing it to the limit", you screwed up and did something dumb. It happens, but that doesn't make it GM's fault.

04CTSVFLA
12-12-05, 10:36 PM
ok

BeagleBrains
12-12-05, 10:39 PM
Was racing.....heard a loud pop bang sound. I got worried. What ..... a little wierd afterwards. also, how do I go about getting my dealership ...to...do anything.... .. under warranty?

Let's just put this poor 04CTSVFLA out of his misery and suggest that no one ever ask advice. Maybe even MORE torture before final termination.
He should be allowed one phone call and be provided representation by a warranty attorney, if he so choses.
:thepan: Sorry, O4CTSV...

04CTSVFLA
12-12-05, 10:49 PM
take that crap to another forum...
urbanski

arr0gant
12-12-05, 10:51 PM

Lawfive - I cant really remember what happened. I believe I went to put it into third and just missed. Not into 5th. There wasnt really a grind just a loud noise that was very BANGISH :gun: I would have to say out of the three things u mentioned it was most like a free rev miss.

WORD!

The Tony Show
12-12-05, 11:03 PM
Actually no, I don't. If I want to "push it to the limit", I press the accelerator firmly, or go around a corner quickly. If I do screw up and damage something, it's my owne fault, and I don't try and stick someone else with the cost of repairs.

A warranty guarantees parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship, not that they won't break if abused. Abuse or poor shifting is abuse and does not constitute a warranty claim.

Really, some people on here kill me.

"Hey guys, why do you think GM is in financial trouble lately? I'll talk to you later, I have to go file this bogus warranty claim."

*Edit* Ha! Way to delete all the inflammatory comments you made. Sticking to your guns is so overrated anyway...*

chuckdobbins
12-12-05, 11:04 PM
give the poor guy a break. so he got a little anxious with ONE shift, and now everyone is ready to tar and feather the bastrd? seems a little harsh to me.

you're all gonna miss, one of these days.

delete this thread, its only gonna get worse and hasnt been good for anything but insults so far.

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:08 PM
That's just ridiculous "logic". If you drove a Hummer off a tall rock and wrecked it, GM wouldn't pay for it just because they have a commercial showing a Hummer climbing a rock.

The "Bang" commercial you referenced did not show someone missing a shift. You weren't "pushing it to the limit", you screwed up and did something dumb. It happens, but that doesn't make it GM's fault.

:hmm:

Anybody remember a Toyota commercial where a T100 is shown climbing a log deck?

My brother did that - stripped the front diff in the process - leased vehicle no less. Initially the denied warranty. Then he taped the commercial (it had no disclaimer other than professional driver on closed course - he's a professional and it was a closed course as well).

No argument - truck was repaired under warranty.

My point? I would never assume that a little fuzzy logic applied to a situation won't place things in your favor..just a thought.

However, I do agree that missing a shift with a properly designed shifter is a bad thing...too bad all of us are replacing GM's "properly designed shifter" with deffective units that make missing a shift so much more difficult (and strangely enough, reduce the necessary shift motion while increasing shift effort). The stock shifter surely is superior...yet I haven't missed a shift since the modified Mallett went in (well, once, but that was my fault).

If something is broken due to a simple missed shift (I wasn't there, I don't know the details) I'll bet it will be covered under warranty - right or wrong. I doubt something is broken though - save for 04CTSVFLA's ego :shhh:

moldowan
12-12-05, 11:15 PM
your guys are all wrong!!!! You really don't understand the marketing of cadillac!
Its "0-60 in under 5 seconds and BANG-something broke!!!!!":rofl:

Urby, I had a dream last night i went into the dealer and did a huge burn out in the service bay right in front of Ken's office. Smoked them all out of the damn place and then screamed "wheres my new differential!!!!"- LOL

CVP33
12-12-05, 11:21 PM
What a country! Pay $50,000 for a new performance vehicle but don't you dare drive in the manner for which it was designed or marketed. And as far as me feeling sorry for GM, c'mon. I feel sorry for kids with cancer. I feel sorry for families that can't afford health care. But feel sorry for a corporation built on the backs of scores of workers for nearly 100 years who's now struggling financially because of mismanagement? I'm sorry but I reserve pity for those who truly deserve it.

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:30 PM
I feel sorry for GM because it has taken two additional diffs, one power steering pump, one clutch, one clutch master and slave cylinder, two center console/armrests, three homelink sunvisors, one airbag recall, one control arm washer recall, some other recalls I forget, one sunroof and control module, one headliner, two replacement sail panels, one replacement door panel, one radiator and some other stuff I forget to get my car the first 19,000 miles...no wonder they're bankrupt.

Oh, forgot to mention, I can't play MP3's, the Onstar is a joke, my XM has terrible reception, the DIC gets all funky at times, the hands free phone can't be understood by anyone that I call, the dealer isn't really sure what a V is (V6?) and when they find a performance enthusiast buying their car for sticker they're shocked that the same guy wants it to be right...

But really, GM really needs our help...so, I'll help. I'll keep this car because I've turned it into something I really enjoy...and will deal with the poor quality where necessary. Just don't whine to me about GM. They've made their bed...quality should be job 1, and today in many American cars (and institutions) sadly it is not. Getting better - yes. Up to the competition - close. But close doesn't cut it, does it?

CVP33
12-12-05, 11:37 PM
I feel sorry for GM because it has taken two additional diffs, one power steering pump, one clutch, one clutch master and slave cylinder, two center console/armrests, three homelink sunvisors, one airbag recall, one control arm washer recall, some other recalls I forget, one sunroof and control module, one headliner, two replacement sail panels, one replacement door panel, one radiator and some other stuff I forget to get my car the first 19,000 miles...no wonder they're bankrupt.

Oh, forgot to mention, I can't play MP3's, the Onstar is a joke, my XM has terrible reception, the DIC gets all funky at times, the hands free phone can't be understood by anyone that I call, the dealer isn't really sure what a V is (V6?) and when they find a performance enthusiast buying their car for sticker they're shocked that the same guy wants it to be right...

But really, GM really needs our help...so, I'll help. I'll keep this car because I've turned it into something I really enjoy...and will deal with the poor quality where necessary. Just don't whine to me about GM. They've made their bed...quality should be job 1, and today in many American cars (and institutions) sadly it is not. Getting better - yes. Up to the competition - close. But close doesn't cut it, does it?

Can I get an AMEN!? A-freaking-MEN! :rant2: I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:39 PM
Hallelujah!

Whoops...you said Amen...

Amen Brother!

GOTTSPD
12-12-05, 11:41 PM
I'm surprised at the responses here. I don't know... Maybe its the lawyer in me, but this seems pretty clear. I love to drive and I have tracked several cars (not the V). However, the original poster acknowledged that he missed the gear. That's not what the warranty is supposed to address. I agree its not always clear. You do a 5K RPM clutch drop and the diff blows, should GM cover it? Well, probably not, but on the other hand, you guys are right, they show it as a performance car and it should be able to take some aggressive driving, but they should not have to protect us from ourselves. The guy made a mistake, he should own up to it and move on (if there's even damage). Again, I completely agree that if he hadn't missed the shift and something broke, that the warranty should cover it. In that case, I think we all agree that the product failed. But this is no different then him driving 70 mph and hitting a speedbump and causing a mechanical failure. GM/Tremec didn't design the trans to deal with missed shifts. Don't go crazy here, it's just a matter of understanding what the purpose of the warranty is. Its to protect the consumer against manufacturing defects.

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:44 PM
I'm surprised at the responses here. I don't know... Maybe its the lawyer in me, but this seems pretty clear. I love to drive and I have tracked several cars (not the V). However, the original poster acknowledged that he missed the gear. That's not what the warranty is supposed to address. I agree its not always clear. You do a 5K RPM clutch drop and the diff blows, should GM cover it? Well, probably not, but on the other hand, you guys are right, they show it as a performance car and it should be able to take some aggressive driving, but they should not have to protect us from ourselves. The guy made a mistake, he should own up to it and move on (if there's even damage). Again, I completely agree that if he hadn't missed the shift and something broke, that the warranty should cover it. In that case, I think we all agree that the product failed. But this is no different then him driving 70 mph and hitting a speedbump and causing a mechanical failure. GM/Tremec didn't design the trans to deal with missed shifts. Don't go crazy here, it's just a matter of understanding what the purpose of the warranty is. Its to protect the consumer against manufacturing defects.

AMEN!

(did I get it right that time CVP33?)

GT04CTS-V
12-12-05, 11:45 PM
Everyone who owns a car with a manual transmission, sooner or later will miss a shift. :tisk:. The only way not too, is to leave the car parked!

GT

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:48 PM
Of course, GT04CTS-V, if it is parked the only thing that might happen is when you pop the hood the car rolls out of the driveway into the street and gets nailed by your neighbor... :histeric:

I've missed several shifts in the V - and no damage has resulted to my knowledge. I'm sure the car is fine...we're all being bastards here...but it is Monday and who is to blame?

GOTTSPD
12-12-05, 11:49 PM
hey wildwhl, i think you're playing politician and trying to placate both sides of the aisle! ;)

wildwhl
12-12-05, 11:50 PM
hey wildwhl, i think you're playing politician and trying to placate both sides of the aisle! ;)

No, not me :lies:

I am drinking a bottle of Decoy, if that helps :hide:

CVP33
12-12-05, 11:53 PM
GOTTSPD,

My issue is not with you, it's with GM and their refusal to properly train ASM's, dealerships, technicians and service writers. You can't just build the product and walk away. We've met with GM with regard to the faulty rear differential. They've upgraded it for 2006 after realizing it's shortcomings and still we fight warranty claims on a known defect. The same goes for the poor performing runflat tires, peeling NAV buttons, leaking radiators, detaching sail panels, failing batteries and on and on.

If GM truly wants to be world class and earn their way into this playing field the investment needs to be made. Far too many of my V brethren are working too hard to love a car with obvious faults. Faults we could all overlook were it not for the treatment that nearly each of us receives in our visits to our service centers. I've argued, fought, written countless emails, made numerous phone calls all in an effort to get my V fixed properly and maintain my warranty. A fight that with each passing day I have to ask myself, "is it really worth all this?"

GOTTSPD
12-12-05, 11:56 PM
Just because you miss a shift though doesn't mean that the manufacturer should pay for it though. They can't protect us from our own mistakes. They shouldn't have to either. I have missed shifts as well, but you guys keep making the same arguments... GM says its a performance car, so it should be able to take whatever punishment I dish out. That's just silly. It should be able to take it if that's what it was designed to do. Its designed to go fast. Its designed to handle well. The radio buttons aren't supposed to peel apart. But when you do something with the car that they fundamentally didn't intend, like missing a shift, that should not be covered.

GOTTSPD
12-12-05, 11:59 PM
I hear ya. I just got my V and I'm concerned about the diff, but I'm also very, very, very fortunate to live in the DC area and have James/Lindsay Cadillac to cover those things that GM should have done better.

I hope not to miss any shifts on my way to work tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!
;)

GOTTSPD,

My issue is not with you, it's with GM and their refusal to properly train ASM's, dealerships, technicians and service writers. You can't just build the product and walk away. We've met with GM with regard to the faulty rear differential. They've upgraded it for 2006 after realizing it's shortcomings and still we fight warranty claims on a known defect. The same goes for the poor performing runflat tires, peeling NAV buttons, leaking radiators, detaching sail panels, failing batteries and on and on.

If GM truly wants to be world class and earn their way into this playing field the investment needs to be made. Far too many of my V brethren are working too hard to love a car with obvious faults. Faults we could all overlook were it not for the treatment that nearly each of us receives in our visits to our service centers. I've argued, fought, written countless emails, made numerous phone calls all in an effort to get my V fixed properly and maintain my warranty. A fight that with each passing day I have to ask myself, "is it really worth all this?"

CVP33
12-13-05, 12:04 AM
James Pollack is a saint. It was worth my 3.5 hour drive to have him install my short shift, rims and rotors. Seriously, if my V was getting serviced at Lindsay all the time I'd be wondering what all these V owners were whining about with regard to service. I can't say enough good about James and TEAM. :thumbsup:

GOTTSPD
12-13-05, 12:05 AM
Yup, he's awesome. I hope I get a survey to fill out to help him hit his customer service targets!

Luna.
12-13-05, 12:10 AM
"Hey guys, why do you think GM is in financial trouble lately? I'll talk to you later, I have to go file this bogus warranty claim."

Oh, this is such a bunch of bullsh*t...

GMs woes have little to do with so-called bogus warranty claims, especially as they relate to the CTS-V. I thought we covered this at length in a recent, different thread.

If something is broken due to a simple missed shift (I wasn't there, I don't know the details) I'll bet it will be covered under warranty - right or wrong. I doubt something is broken though - save for 04CTSVFLA's ego

Agree

wildwhl
12-13-05, 12:14 AM
Luna -

But it is Monday and we're bored :)

What ever happened to the pics of those boobs anyway :thepan:

threadjack: Zoomers exhaust. Can you compare it to an x-piped B&B (have you had your V next to one witht he B&B installed)???

Luna.
12-13-05, 12:19 AM
Luna -

But it is Monday and we're bored :)

What ever happened to the pics of those boobs anyway :thepan:

threadjack: Zoomers exhaust. Can you compare it to an x-piped B&B (have you had your V next to one witht he B&B installed)???

LMAO--what is your email and I will send you those boobs...I can't remember whose avatar that most every man on this board wishes he didn't have the black bar covering her up, but I have 5 shots of her in action...no black bar...if you want... :lildevil:

I did *not* have my car next to an x-piped version--only a non-x-pipe (my understanding of course--I didn't get to lift the car up and view personally). Zoomers was much more "throaty" in my mind. Consider, however, that I have many more mods (including the beloved maggie) which may influence exhaust melodies...:bouncy:

Joey'sVee
12-13-05, 12:22 AM
I like pictures too....jmed99@hotmail.com

wildwhl
12-13-05, 12:22 AM
Actually, I sort of like GTP's avatar best...but that's just me.

Where in Cali are you...might need to take a listen.

I wonder if the boobs were installed aftermarket on the V if it would void any part of all of the warranty...oh wait a minute...boobs drive Daimler/Chrysler products with names like SRT8 (sure, they're trying to suggest they're STR8, but we know better :nono: )

lawfive
12-13-05, 12:23 AM
LMAO--what is your email and I will send you those boobs...I can't remember whose avatar that most every man on this board wishes he didn't have the black bar covering her up, but I have 5 shots of her in action...no black bar...if you want... :lildevil:

I did *not* have my car next to an x-piped version--only a non-x-pipe. Zoomers was much more "throaty" in my mind. Consider, however, that I have many more mods (including the beloved maggie) which may influence exhaust melodies...:bouncy:

S'OK. Jack this thread. Jack it. Jack it, jack it, JACK IT!!!

Oopsie, carried away again... :gnome:

Rich H
12-13-05, 12:24 AM
Let's attach some blame to the shifter for the T56 tranny in this car. The design of the shifter mechanism is flawed and shifting is so vague that it could easily contribute to a missed shift now and then. Some of us are used to shifting a manual far quicker than this tranny will allow us to do so. And simply shifting into first from neutral at a dead stop is far too difficult, far too often.

A tranny and shifter must be designed to take some degree of reasonable usage. However, when the shifter suffers from faulty design it will impose more abuse on the transmission due to inaccurate shifting that is not entirely the fault of the driver. GM bears a big chunk of responsibility for this IMHO.:stirpot:

Luna.
12-13-05, 12:25 AM
they show it as a performance car and it should be able to take some aggressive driving, but they should not have to protect us from ourselves.

While I 100% agree, as a lawyer, I'm surprised to read this from you. We have so many LUDICROUS laws that are designed for EXACTLY THAT--to protect us from ourselves, which is absolutely outrageous!! They do exist though--as mindnumbingly stupid as most (if not all) of them are...

Joey--email sent--enjoy.

Wild--I'm Ventura county, but I'm in San Diego area often as well

wildwhl
12-13-05, 12:30 AM
Let's attach some blame to the shifter for the T56 tranny in this car. The design of the shifter mechanism is flawed and shifting is so vague that it could easily contribute to a missed shift now and then. Some of us are used to shifting a manual far quicker than this tranny will allow us to do so. And simply shifting into first from neutral at a dead stop is far too difficult, far too often.

A tranny and shifter must be designed to take some degree of reasonable usage. However, when the shifter suffers from faulty design it will impose more abuse on the transmission due to inaccurate shifting that is not entirely the fault of the driver. GM bears a big chunk of responsibility for this IMHO.:stirpot:

Hallelujah!

I found a picture of the guy that layed, errrrr, designed the golden shifter :highfive:

Luna.
12-13-05, 12:34 AM
I wonder if the boobs were installed aftermarket on the V if it would void any part of all of the warranty...oh wait a minute...boobs drive Daimler/Chrysler products with names like SRT8 (sure, they're trying to suggest they're STR8, but we know better :nono: )

LMAO--you are killing me tonight... :histeric:

Lawfive (you might know him as bigfoot--I'm not sure...:D ) heard it live--perhaps he could add some thoughts. My gut reaction was that he didn't like it, but he didn't say much to me regarding how it sounded. :)

wildwhl
12-13-05, 12:37 AM
You guys do realize that CVP33 is dangerously close to catching me in post count...I'm just trying to stay ahead.

wildwhl
12-13-05, 12:38 AM
But seriously, folks...missing a shift under any circumstances with the stock shifter is much more common then it should be - especially the 2-3 shift.

Stock, I found the shifter to be the weakest feature...and would probably suggest to most to change that first, even before CAGS or a tune, but that is just me.

Did you find those pics yet Luna?

Luna.
12-13-05, 12:41 AM
Agree.

I also find that, at times, I miss (not racing mind you) shifting from 4th to 5th (just moderately hard), as the reverse lock-out SUCKS (already discussed, but adds to this thread).

I did find the pics--already emailed to Joey--I will let him comment... :Poke:

And I'm just trying to get my post count to 4 digits...

wildwhl
12-13-05, 12:44 AM
In a recent email exchange with denniscars he commented that the reverse lockout appears to stop functioning around 100 mph...go figure...precisely where you're most likely to need it!

Joey'sVee
12-13-05, 12:47 AM
HOLY F*cking cow!!!! Y'all gotta see these pics!!!!! :banana:

Luna.
12-13-05, 12:51 AM
In a recent email exchange with denniscars he commented that the reverse lockout appears to stop functioning around 100 mph...go figure...precisely where you're most likely to need it!

For me, it *seemed* to be anything above 70ish MPH. Sometimes it was just lame, as if I didn't have to push very hard to get it over into reverse. My '97 Z28 Camaro reverse lock-out is MUCH stronger (I've NEVER had that problem--I really have to force it through the solenoid), which just leaves me saying, "WHAT ON EARTH WAS GM THINKING???"

:histeric: at Joey's comment... Glad you liked them

EDIT---Email has been sent to you Wild.

wildwhl
12-13-05, 12:51 AM
Alright...send them...but if they void my warranty, I'll be back here to complain!

Thanks Luna...wow...I'm sure my warranty is void now from abuse and/or misuse!

lawfive
12-13-05, 01:02 AM
Luna,

Gee, did you have an exhaust? I was distracted by your lady.

Send the pix! lawfive@pacbell.com.

lawfive
12-13-05, 01:07 AM
Poor 04CTSVFLA... This thread is probably not what he was hoping for...

BTW: I *may* have missed third gear last week myself...

Luna.
12-13-05, 01:09 AM
Poor 04CTSVFLA... This thread is probably not what he was hoping for...

Definitely not what it has morphed into, but hey--we are great at thread jacking!! :dance:

Email sent *2!

lawfive
12-13-05, 01:12 AM
Oops... lawfive@pacbell.net...

Dennisscars
12-13-05, 02:04 AM

My "friend" also found out that about 125 the back end gets light enough for the traction control to come on with a 2.8 pulley....:holycrap: Maybe I can catch a group buy on that big ole wing that's on the VR..

Closer_2001
12-13-05, 02:42 AM
Was racing a Mustang GT, when I shifted from 2-3rd I missed 3rd and heard a loud pop bang sound. I got worried. What could of happened? It might of just been me being paranoid but my rear end felt a little wierd afterwards.

also how do i go about getting my synchros and transmission looked at. I have told my dealership that something feels wierd with my clutch/synchos/tranny...but they havent done anything about it.
Would these parts be covered under warranty and replaced at no extra charge?

M12 Synchros are not known for their strength. I toasted one in my C5 and it was replaced under warranty.
Get it replaced, upgrade the clutch if needed and upgrade your shifter.

CRZY747
12-13-05, 10:14 AM
I would think worst case from what you described, you might have over reved, which the pushrods might be bent a little. That is what will save you with this car. But that is worst case more than likely as long as you let out of it. I think the banging sound you heard was you bouncing off the rev limiter.

Joey'sVee
12-13-05, 10:34 AM
Bent push rods?!?!?!?! Wow. That sux!

GreenMachine
12-13-05, 11:08 AM
just be glad it didn't happen with a more expensive import that revs past 8 grand. Those cars are unforgiveing when you mess up with shiffting, alot can happen when things are spinning fast.

dqw1
12-13-05, 04:56 PM
woooweee, thought I was on the CTS forum watching these spears being tossed.

ahahnu
12-13-05, 05:36 PM
I like boobs. Can I get a copy of the pic, or can you make it public? Shifting sux! I never leave 1st gear.

Luna.
12-13-05, 05:43 PM
Not possible to make public... :D

keeksv
12-13-05, 06:05 PM
Of course, GT04CTS-V, if it is parked the only thing that might happen is when you pop the hood the car rolls out of the driveway into the street and gets nailed by your neighbor... :histeric:

Late to this thread, but THIS comment is downright classic. Still recovering...

Oh yeah, warranty issues and the CTS-V....ummmm this thing has a warranty?:thepan:

urbanski
12-13-05, 07:06 PM
woooweee, thought I was on the CTS forum watching these spears being tossed.
we do very well here tossing spears
lots o' spears

lawfive
12-13-05, 08:09 PM
Not possible to make public... :D

Sure it is! I didn't have any problem sticking them on a web site last night... :duck:

CVP33
12-13-05, 08:17 PM
You guys do realize that CVP33 is dangerously close to catching me in post count...I'm just trying to stay ahead.

I was actually higher than you for two days, but alas I new it wouldn't last. :lildevil: