: Pics of my 02 - 22's / Custom Speakers etc.

demjjm
12-12-05, 03:49 PM
I have been a member here for awhile but just now started really checking the place out. On a couple of threads, members have asked to see the ride, so here we go.

This pic is when it was dropped, it has since be raised back to stock height for several reasons, but it did look sweet :yup:

demjjm
12-12-05, 03:54 PM
I went with the clear lenses in the rear, HID's up front, a nice vertical grill (the escalde emblem has since went back on) and a decent hitch cover.

demjjm
12-12-05, 04:18 PM
For the systems, I stayed with the stock head unit, this allows the steering controls and rear controls to work. I also left the internal console speakers, and the rear pillar speakers in place, for onstar. I had a custom fiberglass box built into the tailgate. It houses, 4 JL 6's, they hit pretty good. The JL mono block amp went in place of the stock rear sub enclosure. I ran another JL amp under 2nd row, and went with Planet audio mids and highs. I am getting ready to take out the planet audio and replace them with JL component sets. Video will be the last thing, since I am still undecided on what to do.

demjjm
12-12-05, 04:56 PM
I added the chrome tow hooks, and fuel door. The light up door sills, and I even found a guy on ebay who had blue puddle lamps replacement bulbs. I went through so many blue / white xenon and led running lights that I took 2 bad bulbs, left them in there, and no longer woryy about DRL :thumbsup: I have some decent blue xenon high beams that never get used, due a good aftermarket HID system. I need to find a better replacement fog light bulb but I have tried many and have them fairly white right now. The truck has true dual exhaust which sounds awesome, except on long trips, and I did have to remove the spare, but I guess that is what AAA is for :)

jrs05caddyext
12-12-05, 05:06 PM
Nice looking Caddy. I like the mods you have done. Were did you buy those light up door sills?

demjjm
12-12-05, 05:47 PM
I bought them from my service advisor at the dealer. There are some nicer ones on ebay right now, that have Escalde in script, plus the caddy logo. You will need to trim your stock sills, and then you just wire into the door light circuit, which is very easy. The whole thing took about an hour.

Boombotz
12-12-05, 07:54 PM
Looking real good.:thumbsup:

demjjm
12-12-05, 08:20 PM
Looking real good.:thumbsup:

hcvone
12-13-05, 07:59 AM
Very nice. :)

slk230mb
12-13-05, 10:21 AM
Very nice, very clean :thumbsup:

genovese45
12-13-05, 10:24 AM
She looks great. What made you raise the truck back to stock height. Just curious.

genovese45
12-13-05, 10:25 AM
I was thinking about lowering my truck, but still in the in between stage. Still researching.

demjjm
12-13-05, 10:47 AM
When I lowered it, I used the the ground force kit and it was several years ago. The first reason for going back to stock height was the fact that no one could get the "service ride control light off" (there may be a fix for this now but there was not when I did it). The second reason, is that while the truck looks great dropped and it handles like it on rails, the ride is rough, and I could never get rid of all of the rubbing. In my opinion you lose some of the great ride feel when you go to 22's or larger, but when you add a drop in addition to the larger rim, the ride just sucks. I have ridden in several dropped Escalades and they no longer even feel like a Cadillac.

slk230mb
12-13-05, 10:54 AM
What about using the Mcgauhey's kit. That kit seems to get good reviews on this forum...

Sky High Ent.
12-13-05, 12:18 PM
IF I got those door sills, but the one's that don't light up, do I still have to trim the factory one's? I thought they just stick right over

LittleB
12-13-05, 12:23 PM
Looks good :thumbsup: :D

mskdbandit
12-31-05, 02:24 AM
i like the pics. i never thought about putting subs into the tailgate. seems like it would rattle back there. is it deep, pounding bass or just more like solid bass?

i'm trying to figure out where to put mine without sacrificing the entire back. i've got an 03 with captain chairs, so those stealthboxes that go under the seat won't work for me.

05 Cadillac Escalade
12-31-05, 01:10 PM
demjjm, where are you located in South Florida? I think I might of seen your car off of Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale. Is this correct? I have an 05 and just got my 22's and Classic Vertical Grille.

Thanks.

demjjm
01-08-06, 03:08 PM
MSK, a custom laid fiberglass box was fabricated, so it is a nice solid sealed box. It was painted to match the interior. Stronger lift shock were then added to support the addtional weight. There are two latches on the tailgate, and it was a small challenge to work around them, but it turned out awesome and the bass is real crisp. Everyone is amazed what kind of sound I am getting our of 4 JL 6's.

05, I used to be down in Broward, but now we are up on Palm Beach.

jordan00escalade
01-08-06, 03:18 PM
The install on your system is clean and precise. I like what you did with the tail-gate, I'm going to check out the the specifics on that. I have the barn doors, and plan on using bigger speakers though. You have a very nice looking truck.

demjjm
01-08-06, 03:26 PM
Thanks Jordan, I am not sure about the barn doors on an Escalade, but the shop that did my install has pics of a Ford, that they were able to fit 2 12's in the barn doors after they did my install. My biggest thing was no to lose any interior space, and to mantain all stock stereo feautres (i.e. onstar, rear controls, etc). When I looked at the space requirements and speaker dimensions, all of the numbers just fell into place. Post pics of your install when it's done.

jordan00escalade
01-08-06, 03:40 PM
I feel you with keeping the stock functions operational.. I changed out my headunit and lost my indash cd player, 6 disc changer and my rear control options. I replaced the indash cd player with a dvd/cd/mp3 player(had to do a custom cut into the dash), just to have something with a function because the player became useless. I bought a PAC part that intergrated my aftermarket stereo with onstar/chimes. I probably won't get into further upgrading my audio until sometime this summer (budget). That gives me plenty of time to get ideas and put something together that looks clean and sounds good though (budget). I have some pictures of my indash on the forum.. should be under 2000 escalade pictures, you can see it there.

Justin Sane
01-16-06, 09:54 PM
which grill did you use?

40 Acres
01-16-06, 10:09 PM
Do you have to remove the spare if you run pipes from both sides?

demjjm
01-16-06, 10:14 PM
Yes, I no longer have a spare.

40 Acres
01-16-06, 10:26 PM
Must the spare tire be removed inorder to run the exhaust from both sides?

demjjm
01-16-06, 10:31 PM
Most of the work on my ride was done some time ago. My exhaust is a custom bent, true dual exhaust, and I had to remove the spare tire. I have AAA and roadside from insurance company.

40 Acres
01-16-06, 11:00 PM
I have a magna Super Charger and want to run duals put ain't gonna give up my spare. I may just split my exhaust.

Justin Sane
01-17-06, 08:06 AM
which grill did you use?

which grill? and were did you buy?:confused:

05 Cadillac Escalade
01-17-06, 08:39 AM
which grill? and were did you buy?:confused:

Looks like an E & G Classic Vertical Grille. You can buy it online or at any local dealership. They also have some good looking knock-off's if you don't want to spend the money on the original E & G.

Thanks.

demjjm
01-17-06, 10:09 AM
Sorry, you are right on E&G, it was bit on the expensive side, but I wanted that grill.

05 Cadillac Escalade
01-17-06, 10:53 AM
Sorry, you are right on E&G, it was bit on the expensive side, but I wanted that grill.

Check EBAY every once in a while. Every now and then there will be a knock-off E&G Classic Vertical Grille which you can get for a lot less. I know for a fact that you can talk to your local dealership and get a pretty good deal. I bought my E&G from the dealership and I paid like half of what it was listed for because I also purchased rims.

Thanks.

Justin Sane
01-17-06, 02:15 PM
I Don't Really Like The Idea Of An Overlaying Grill Or Cutting The Factory Grill. I Want A Bolt On, And I Want The Vertical Posts, So I Think That's My Only Option.

Thanks For The Info!