: Speed World Challenge

V400HP
12-11-05, 10:33 PM
For those of you that have not seen the CTSV-R in person, I would encourage you to go see one of the “Speed World Challenge” races in 2006. I went to the Cleveland race and it was nice to see the CTSV-R beat up on the Vipers and Vetts. :want:

For those of you that do follow the series I have a question for you. I’ve seen conflicting information regarding the 2006 schedule.

On the Speed TV web site they don’t show the July 4th race in Lakeville Conn. They had this race in 05' I couldn’t make that race but was hoping to make it in 06.

Any info please share

Thanks

Les

calicadi
12-11-05, 11:22 PM
SWC has their own web site and the schedule so far is here:
http://www.world-challenge.com/2006/schedules.html

Looks like the 7/4 date has not been firmed up yet.

And if you'd like a nice reference book that captures Cadillac's 2005 victory... check this out.

http://www.speedvisionwc.com/news/05press200.html

sefa01
12-11-05, 11:35 PM
For those of you that have not seen the CTSV-R in person, I would encourage you to go see one of the “Speed World Challenge” races in 2006. I went to the Cleveland race and it was nice to see the CTSV-R beat up on the Vipers and Vetts. :want:

For those of you that do follow the series I have a question for you. I’ve seen conflicting information regarding the 2006 schedule.

On the Speed TV web site they don’t show the July 4th race in Lakeville Conn. They had this race in 05' I couldn’t make that race but was hoping to make it in 06.

Any info please share

Thanks

LesIn 2004, this race-Lime Rock-was held Memorial Day weekend, not July 4th. My son and I were there in the Cadillac hospitality tent. Didn't make it last year because we ran at VIR July 4th weekend. We'll see where it is on the schedule this year.

benjet
12-12-05, 02:46 PM
Have we confirmed that Cadillac will be back in 2006? I was at the last race in 2005 and from the Team mgr (at that time) no final word had been said either way.

Anyone?

sefa01
12-12-05, 05:02 PM

Any info please share

Thanks

LesThis from the Team Cadillac web site:
SHARING IS NOT OUR STRONG SUIT.
In only our second year on the track, Team Cadillac claimed the Manufacturers' Championship and CTS-V driver Andy Pilgrim claimed the Drivers' Championship. We've made more than a reputation at the SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT Series. With the 500-hp V8 CTS-V race car reaching 0-50 in just 3.05 seconds, we're not leaving much room for the competition.
Read more about the races from this winning season, and check back next year for previews of the 2006 racing season.

alcast082
12-12-05, 05:38 PM
damn, they have wheel hop???? THEY MUST JUST MAKE ONE GIANT HOP TO 50:bonkers: