: Car Covers

slk230mb
12-11-05, 05:18 PM
My mom wants to get a car cover for her 2003 LS430. Any suggestions on where/what to buy?

EcSTSatic
12-12-05, 09:01 AM
You could try carbras.com. Or, 3M makes a clear film that is applied directly to the body. Your '03 may be in good enough shape to justify going that route.

slk230mb
12-12-05, 09:54 AM
I'll have to check it out. She justs wants a cover so we can cover the car while it's on the driveway during house construction.

EcSTSatic
12-12-05, 11:34 AM
Is a car cover enough protection at a construction site? I wouldn't park a nice vehicle anywhere near there. If it's after they've all gone home, that's okay.

slk230mb
12-12-05, 11:43 AM
Is a car cover enough protection at a construction site? I wouldn't park a nice vehicle anywhere near there. If it's after they've all gone home, that's okay.

The construction is going on inside the house. She just wants to avoid putting it on the crowded street (the car narrowly escaped being hit on the corner when someone ran a stop sign last week) when the guys are cutting bricks or wood. My street is narrow, two-way and has a huge dumpster on it. Add my dad's Yukon XL, Suburban, Avalon, and my truck when I'm home + all the neighbors cars, its gets packed quick. I was looking at some of the covers JC Whitney has available, but I have to look up how long the car is. Normally the car is in the garage, but that's become storgage for now.

brougham
12-12-05, 01:41 PM
The car has to be clean when you put the cover on it. Unless she's not driving it at all just park it. If you just want one to put over it to keep the dirt off it you should be able to find a store near you to get one at. The last time I bought one that's supposed to fit a bunch of different cars I had to bring it back to get a smaller one because the size the book said was for my car was too big. I definately wouldn't buy something like that over the internet when you might have to return it for another one that fits better.

Caddy Man
12-13-05, 02:00 AM
i have a custom cover for my CTS it was from www.autoanything.com

They have a lot of differnt types, indoor and outdoor and differnt types depending on price and how much protection you want. Check them out, it will show you differnt options and they are all custom fit.

slk230mb
12-13-05, 07:48 AM
i have a custom cover for my CTS it was from www.autoanything.com
They have a lot of differnt types, indoor and outdoor and differnt types depending on price and how much protection you want. Check them out, it will show you differnt options and they are all custom fit.

Thanks, there was a cover-craft cover that we both liked, so I googled it and found the cheapest price online, should be here by the end of the week.

terrible one
12-13-05, 07:55 AM
There is a company called Noah that makes really nice car covers but they are pretty expensive.

slk230mb
12-13-05, 10:50 AM
There is a company called Noah that makes really nice car covers but they are pretty expensive.

My dad has those for the 2 1959s we have. Very nice covers, but very expensive. They are the only ones so far that the fins don't rip through. But it's worth it for those cars.

EcSTSatic
12-13-05, 11:22 PM
Anyone know if there's a cover available to protect against hail? They would sell real well at work.