: Texas Vs Usc

CaddyCrisis
12-11-05, 12:15 AM
I figured this would alread be a thread but I haven 't seen it yet so here it is.

Who will the Rose Bowl: Texas or USC?

Prediction of score as well

Stoneage_Caddy
12-11-05, 12:24 AM
If i remeber how its running , im gonna go with USC .....and i dont think it will be very high scoreing for this sort of game ....

id enjoy a close game , regardless of who wins ....finnaly getting time now to cath up on the ball games ....

Elvis
12-11-05, 08:36 AM
USC by close to 30.

I'll say 44-17.

Score at the half: 30-0

Bush & Leinart become the first #1 and #2 draft picks from the same school.

I say "first" but I wonder if this has ever happened before? Davis & Blanchard had to go in the service.

fast66
12-11-05, 04:00 PM
Usc!!

Cadence
12-11-05, 04:06 PM
It would be unwise to give Texas so little credit, especially after those games USC had against Notre Dame and Fresno St.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/DSH-AtlasOrange/bevorose.jpg

As for the score, I think it's going to be tighter than some of you think, so I'm going with a 28-24 score, in favor of the stud in the above picture.

urbanski
12-11-05, 04:51 PM
BEVO!!

Hook em, that's my vote!!

fast66
12-11-05, 07:08 PM
Man everyone knows USC plays on all cylinders in the bowl, no way it will be close, did anyone see last years bowl? Cadillac couldnt even do his thing, same will go for Young this time.

fast66
12-11-05, 07:13 PM
Every bowl they outscore their oppenent by more than 2 touchdowns, Texas has no chance. sorry

Elvis
12-12-05, 09:49 AM
If Bevo isn't already a steer, he will be after USC is finished with him.

FSU_Noles
12-12-05, 10:31 AM
Man everyone knows USC plays on all cylinders in the bowl, no way it will be close, did anyone see last years bowl? Cadillac couldnt even do his thing, same will go for Young this time.

Actually Cadillac DID do his thing - since Auburn played Va Tech and USC played OU.

Oh, I say UT 36 - 28.

Swine
12-12-05, 03:22 PM
I think Texas has a good shot. USC hasn't played a good defense all year.

No offense to Reggie Bush, but the second and third string RB's at USC are averaging over 7 yards a carry, too. That O-line should be getting more credit. Will be interesting to see. I remember when Alabama beat Miami for all the marbles... people had already annointed Miami the crown... Bama was a 21 point underdog... And Bama just crushed 'em.
Anything can happen... did you just the the Dolphins beat the Chargers?:eek:

I think USC will win, but not by much.

fast66
12-13-05, 03:33 AM
Actually Cadillac DID do his thing - since Auburn played Va Tech and USC played OU.

Oh, I say UT 36 - 28.

my bad, was high when written

illumina
12-13-05, 03:40 AM
I'll go with USC. They have a real shot to make history here as perhaps the best NCAA team ever, so let's see them do it. Besides, Texas beat Ohio State early on and it's personal with me...

Elvis, we know Bush will be number one in the draft, but do you really think Lienart will go number 2?

I'm thinking no because the 49ers are in line for number 2 as of now and I don't forsee them going for him since they selected Alex Smith last year.

Blackout
12-13-05, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a 3 OT game like Ohio State had a few yeas ago to win the national title. but I'm still up in the air as to who's going to win. If USC shows up with their A game I'm going with USC but if they don't Texas is going to romp on them. So here are my score predictions:

USC A game: USC 42- Texas 30
Non-A game: Texas 56- USC 35

Elvis
12-13-05, 10:20 AM
Elvis, we know Bush will be number one in the draft, but do you really think Lienart will go number 2?

Leinart could even go #1. Sometimes there are trades involved too.

illumina
12-13-05, 03:18 PM

Nah, too much of the "Reggie Bush lottery" attitude going on much like the "Peyton Manning derby" in 1998. Bush will be number one and the Texans will likely get him because they have their QB too, and the 49ers won't go for two top pick QB's should they trade for number 1. If the 49ers do, they'll get Bush...

Now that certainly doesn't mean that Leinart will fall from the second spot, but are the 49ers (would be second should the draft start today) really willing to let the number 2 spot get away from them? Somehow, I forsee a team like the Saints or Lions getting Leinart...

Swine
12-15-05, 12:17 PM
Possible, but unlikely. The talking heads have decided Reggie Bush is the bonified re-incarnation of Gale Sayers, and Brady Quinn will likely go before Leinhart in the QB dept.....
So, who knows?:confused:

Frankly, I think if you need a QB, trade your 1st round pick in return for Phillip Rivers. He's as good as either one of those two, and the signing bonus has already been paid

Swine
01-05-06, 03:27 AM
Just HAD to bump this thread.

Hook'em Horns!! WOOT!

mcf1000x2003
01-05-06, 04:07 AM
Horns are # 1 evrerybody is still goin crazy here inAustin they are honkin and all is crazy

illumina
01-05-06, 04:11 PM
Well, If Vince Young turns pro, he'll be the second overall pick...To the Saints I believe...

Elvis
01-05-06, 10:12 PM
USC by close to 30.
I'll say 44-17.
Score at the half: 30-0
Bush & Leinart become the first #1 and #2 draft picks from the same school.
I say "first" but I wonder if this has ever happened before? Davis & Blanchard had to go in the service.

I confess. I am an idiot. :bang2:

I'll bet that Texas QB will be the #2 pick now. Leinart may win more games as a pro, but Vince Young will SELL TICKETS. That's a lot more valuable now. It's not about winning anymore, it's about butts in seats.

illumina
01-05-06, 10:38 PM
I confess. I am an idiot. :bang2:
I'll bet that Texas QB will be the #2 pick now. Leinart may win more games as a pro, but Vince Young will SELL TICKETS. That's a lot more valuable now. It's not about winning anymore, it's about butts in seats.

I somehow see the Lions getting Leinart. Should Vince Young enter into the draft, he'll most certainly go #2, which should be the Saints pick, since they're 3-13 and just behind the Texans' record of 2-14. Young's just too damned clutch when it matters (he willed the Longhorns to a victory last night) and has exceptional accuracy as a passer as well as a runner.

As for Leinart, me and several football lovers I know agree that Leinart isn't the best prospect out there. And I certainly don't think he's as good as the guy he replaced: Carson Palmer. I believe he's good, but just not the best...

Elvis
01-06-06, 10:14 AM
When I look at Leinart I think about what Palmer has become and I see the same bright future. Being a successful NFL QB is between the ears more than it is athletic ability and arm strength.

Young could be a "slash" player like Kordell Stewart was.

illumina
01-06-06, 11:40 PM
When I look at Leinart I think about what Palmer has become and I see the same bright future. Being a successful NFL QB is between the ears more than it is athletic ability and arm strength.
Young could be a "slash" player like Kordell Stewart was.

I don't know if he'll ever have the deep ball like Palmer does. I mean, let's face it, Palmer has the jewlers touch with the long ball...

As far as brains go, Leinart certainly has it, but it also depends on who he leans from in his first couple of years in the pros. Palmer had learned for a year from Jon Kitna and had offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski to help him in his progression into an elite QB

As for Leinart, it will totally depend on where he goes in the draft. If he goes to, oh, let's say Detroit, he might sit for a year and learn from Jeff Garcia should he stick around. If he goes to the Saints, he'll be on his own for the most part. Arron Brooks is expected to be gone along with the rest of the Jim Haslet regime. This might be bad for Leinart especially if there is no veteran to learn from and a good coordiantor.

Elvis
01-09-06, 02:05 PM
Charlie Ward was one of the best point guards I've ever seen in college. Maybe Leinart has something like that he can fall back on. :histeric: