: Q for owners w GM anti-hop bushings

mlg
12-10-05, 06:03 PM
is it worth the time to do?? does it make ride smoother , rougher , or no change?? thanx btw have 04 V

arr0gant
12-10-05, 06:25 PM
is it worth the time to do?? does it make ride smoother , rougher , or no change?? thanx btw have 04 V

Mine worked really well. Havn't really gotten all the way into it as it just snowed here. Check out this and other threads relating to the tsb. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53431

GNSCOTT
12-11-05, 11:16 AM
Mine worked better on a hot day. When it got cold out it was hop city 100% all over again.

rand49er
12-11-05, 03:10 PM
No discernable change in ride here. Only tried once to see if hop was reduced (I baby my V), and it seemed to be maybe 60-80% reduced with the F1s. I think, especially since it's zero $ to do it and it may help resale, it's a no-brainer.

cdog533
12-11-05, 04:17 PM
It made ZERO difference in mine. Car still hops like a bitch any chance it gets, especially on wet pavement or snow.

It's the only musclecar that can't do a burnout.

Koooop
12-11-05, 07:30 PM
My car works a ton better with the bushings, maybe 80%+ better. I've done a couple of hard launches (huge smoldering smokey burn outs), almost no hop at all, I get near ZERO hop at any shift point (I love short shifting 2-3 and spinning the tires). I'm completely satisfied with the wheel hop situation now, but it still hops in water if I'm taking off turning right and I nail it, so I don't do that.

:burn:

BadCad
12-12-05, 11:51 PM
Any of you that installed these have problems with squeeks?

Barak
12-13-05, 01:32 AM
Worked great for me. Eliminated the hop about 80% with no squeeks. RT-615's helped also.

RScanTX
12-13-05, 12:18 PM
Just a quick question guys...what is the TSB # for the bushings? I haven't see it in all the posts I have read so far.

GOTTSPD
12-13-05, 02:16 PM
Interesting discussion.

Seems like the wheel hop fix works only when the ambient temperature is warm. My car has a nasty habit of hopping like a bunny if its slippery outside. I've never driven a car that does this before. I was hoping that the bushing fix from GM would have cured this, but it seems pretty bad. Hopefully once it warms up, it'll get better. Also, the F1's seem to be a big part of the problem.

SBONES
12-13-05, 03:07 PM
it took the hard bang away for me...still alittle hop...the ride is also alittle stiffer...for me anyway...hope this helps...i would do it again..:rolleyes:

V-Sting
12-13-05, 04:35 PM
Just had mine done, and the car seems to pull to the right now that I have it back. Does anyone know if it's SOP to re-align the rear end after the procedure?

lasstss
12-13-05, 04:56 PM
I just found out from Lindsay that the GM bushings are infact a snubber of sorts. They are not full contact. This being the case, I recommend you go to the specter peice. If you dont lock up the cradle, you will not get the full benefit of the mod.

Lindsay Cadillac
12-13-05, 04:57 PM
It's 05-04-114-001A
You can find it here http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/tsb/05-04-114-001A.pdf

Lindsay Cadillac
12-13-05, 05:01 PM
Just had mine done, and the car seems to pull to the right now that I have it back. Does anyone know if it's SOP to re-align the rear end after the procedure?
The bulletin does provide for aligning the car if necessary...

RScanTX
12-13-05, 05:31 PM
Thanks James. Makes it much easier for me to get my svc dept to order the part.

jlakowicz
12-24-05, 08:28 AM
I had the BMR kit installed. My dealer took it off to put on the Caddy version. The mechanic said the Caddy parts were inferior and the car hopped more. To me it also seemed the car hopped worse with the Caddy kit. I put the BMR kit back on and it seemed to hop less, but still hops like crazy in cold weather even with the BMR kit. I think the BMR kit is better, but with the temperature changes its difficult to be sure.

SBONES
12-24-05, 09:02 AM
it made alittle differance for me...i would do it again, being they were free....i think its best with traction and stability off...its ok..at best..

1badcady
12-24-05, 09:11 AM
I just found out from Lindsay that the GM bushings are infact a snubber of sorts. They are not full contact. This being the case, I recommend you go to the specter peice. If you dont lock up the cradle, you will not get the full benefit of the mod.
Lasstss
your on the money, i have the gm bushings, the sgueeeeking & creaking
is soooo anoying! & there not that efective. plan to go with specter or
bmr in the spring.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

austin
12-24-05, 09:34 AM
>It's the only musclecar that can't do a burnout.

Thats Funny.... I was just thinking that the other day!! :)

VDiddy
12-24-05, 04:41 PM
I just had it done last week. No squeaks and about a 35-40% reduction in wheelhop. It didn't fix the problem but I think this, with the BMR bar I just bought, should fix the problem. Anyone else use the BMR after the factory fix? What was the result?