: Any Paint & Body Mods, Clear Bras Out There?

livingthedream
12-10-05, 12:53 PM
In Socal...Want to have the Platinum buffed up, shoot couple coats of clear, then clear bra front and wheel wells. Any recommendations on a good body man or shop?

Has anyone done fender flairs? Really considering that to widen out the meats both front and rear.

Oh, and all you maggie people, what is the $$ to get and install?

livingthedream...... (35 months cancer free so I dont get to turn the wrenches any more)
turn the key and smile
the doctors perscription is triple digits at least once a day and call in.

04CTSVFLA
12-10-05, 02:06 PM
Why are you getting some clear sprayed on? The reason I ask is.....my BLAck V has some pretty mild "abrasive brush" swirl like scratches masking almost the whole car...would getting it buffed...wetsanded and the spray a few clear coats on it take car of this? What are the downsides to doing this

12-10-05, 02:25 PM
"shoot a couple of coats of clear????"

Why? because of a little orange peel? Or are there other issues? It would cost you a fortune if done by a pro, it would be the resale equivalent of a "repaint", and...what do you gain? I don't find my factory orange peel so offensive as to require a repaint...

It's your car, your call, but to have clear done right, over the factory paint, still leaves you looking at factory paint. If you want shine there are plenty of products and detailers that can get a nice deep shine out of the factory enamel without a repaint.