: Super Charger

40 Acres
12-10-05, 01:50 AM
Anyone have a SC. I purchased an 03 ESV w/one and it rocks. Just wanted to see if anyone knew exactly how many horses it puts out w/an airraid intake

cadnathan
12-10-05, 03:35 AM
Ive had 2 escalades with superchargers. One had a Kenne Belle and the other was a whipple. IMO, the Kenne Bell felt like the faster or the two.

cadnathan
12-10-05, 03:39 AM
Here they are:

fast66
12-10-05, 05:24 AM
Ive had 2 escalades with superchargers. One had a Kenne Belle and the other was a whipple. IMO, the Kenne Bell felt like the faster or the two.

what did you do about the transmission problems?

womsterr
12-10-05, 03:35 PM
From what I see the trannies are relatively stout fast66. And the forced induction motors are not cranking out massive numbers from what I have seen. I wouldn't worry about it until you break it! Then build the crap out your replacement.

What are you guys putting out with the KB?

T-Dizzy
12-13-05, 11:54 AM
Anyone have a SC. I purchased an 03 ESV w/one and it rocks. Just wanted to see if anyone knew exactly how many horses it puts out w/an airraid intake

I have a Vortec SC on my '03 EXT and it was dyno'ed at 550.9hp

- T

hcvone
12-13-05, 01:18 PM
From what I see the trannies are relatively stout fast66. And the forced induction motors are not cranking out massive numbers from what I have seen. I wouldn't worry about it until you break it! Then build the crap out your replacement.

What are you guys putting out with the KB?

I have betwen 3 and 5 Escalade customers, can't keep them straight, with supercharged 03's and 04's, they all have had their transmissions replaced at least once. These transmissions are the weak link, the new 6 speeds should be better, we hope. :)

ZX_man
12-13-05, 05:16 PM
I have a Vortec SC on my '03 EXT and it was dyno'ed at 550.9hp

- T

What other mods do you have in addition to the SC? I'm planning on an SC in the future, wanted to know your set up to hit that number? How much boost you running?

Regards

Walter

40 Acres
12-14-05, 11:53 PM
Just brought 03 w/sc. everything was installed at dealer and they sold as certified so far no prob w/tranny. It moves out

fast66
12-15-05, 09:00 AM
Does anyone know someone in the socal area that can install and test a super charger in my escalade? I need a reliable place. Or if I installed it myself would I need to be able to hook the car up to a computer afterwards?
Thanks

05 Cadillac Escalade
12-16-05, 07:50 PM
I would advise against putting a supercharger into your Escalade. I was at the dealership yesterday because they are installing my new grille and rims and I started talking to them about modifications I could make to the engine, and right before I mentioned supercharger, the lady who works for Cadillac jumped in and said they stopped supercharging Escalades because of too many problems that occurred where people were bringing in their Escalades that had the supercharger and the on-board computer was fried or the transmission needed to be replaced. It's up to you, but be careful.

Thanks.

dubb Motorsports
12-16-05, 07:55 PM
are you kidding me. who are installing these kits and having problems? If the tune is right you wont have a problem. We have been going 13.50's with are truck for a while now, and it has had the charger on it for almost 2 years now, and than it was going low 14's. We run a P1sc with a 3 core. just my 2 cents... everyone else has one.

05 Cadillac Escalade
12-16-05, 08:11 PM
I'm just telling you what the dealership told me. I have never heard of a supercharger making problems for the on-board computer or transmission but if a dealership said it to me, I would assume it is true.

Thanks.

T-Dizzy
12-18-05, 09:27 AM
What other mods do you have in addition to the SC? I'm planning on an SC in the future, wanted to know your set up to hit that number? How much boost you running?

Regards

Walter

After the kit there's a new fuel pump, injectors, a Volant air intake, and a custom dual exhaust to let it breathe better. The techs that put it together messed with the computer - twice, now, actually - so I should have it dyno'd again.

- T

Bismarck
12-31-05, 04:08 AM
I have had a magnuson on my ESV with full exhaust system. I have driven it hard and have had no problems at all. Luky? maybe, but I have not seen any tranny problems really... only heard about them

05 Cadillac Escalade
12-31-05, 01:01 PM
What kind of exhaust did you get? I'm looking into exhaust and intake for my 2005.

Thanks.

Bismarck
01-02-06, 12:39 AM
I have JBA headers and a Borla Cat back

MrGags
01-02-06, 12:47 AM
corsa sounds the best imo

I just got my 03' Ext on christmas eve, not as a christmas gift, I got to pay for it. But its already got 20's on it, I'm putting a Eclipse 5495 navi, and 24's down the road. If i go S/C, i might go with a lingenfelter kit. Wut ya'll think?

40 Acres
01-02-06, 01:27 AM
magna charger is the bomb with magna flow exhaust.

My ESV moves. I just worry about all the talk about S/C cause serious wear on thge trans.